• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 15 Dungeon and Wildlife videos.

Did Tabata mentioned the change and that it was based on feedback?

I mean is possible that they were playing with different values and things in the past demo and they just naturally changed it in this new updated build. I guess they are in the phase of tuning the gameplay part of the demo.

You know what's also cold?

The basement where Nomura and Ito are.

JCreasy

CleanOddKinkajou.gif

The chocobos just make me think of The Last Guardian and how much I want it on PS4.

black-and-white-chris-brown-depressed-gif-sad-Favimcom-295171_zpsc13035ce.gif

I am getting the type-0 collector's edition and the bloodborne collector's edition :(

And the only reason why I want the bloodborne one is the soundtrack...

Same, I'm also getting the Bloodborne CE and it's 89.99 here...but this demo...

.................FFXV.............

KoopaTheCasual

I'm confused at people saying combat "doesn't work" in the small dungeon. It looks completely fine. Can you show me an open world game with 10 enemies on screen in a close quarter combat environment that looks better?

I'll never understand criticism without the presence of a tangible standard.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I'm confused at people saying combat "doesn't work" in the small dungeon. It looks completely fine. Can you show me an open world game with 10 enemies on screen in a close quarter combat environment that looks better?

I feel like at this point people just need to play the demo before complaining about something they've never touched in their life. The current "feedback" is nothing more than armchair commentary at best.

I feel exactly the same.

But then again, I never once understood people's complaints with Type-0's camera, so...

Also, dungeons seem to have actual level design, so it's already a big plus for me. I wonder if they'll be as fun as FFXII.

Philippo

I'm wondering if we'll get to fight those crocodiles.

Also, Prompto may be a total pussy, but he's the best source of gifs lol

Ceravic

I feel like at this point people just need to play the demo before complaining about something they've never touched in their life. The current "feedback" is nothing more than armchair commentary at best.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

normal ass frogs and bald eagles seems out of place with everything else

Yeah, there never have been normal frogs in a more fantastical environment before in the series.

maxresdefault.jpg

Spot

Wildlife vid looks hot
Dungeon, not

2016 is the year of dragon quest xi!

iirc verendus said 2015 for xv

Who is verendus and have any of his leaks ever come true? I always see his name in Square threads and was just wondering if he is the real deal.

I also believe that the most interesting part of the combat system right now is the inner working of it, the gambit system and the deck weapon. The problem I see is that people stills hopes this is a full fledged action RPG, and based of what we were told is not even close.

I also believe that the most interesting part of the combat system right now is the inner working of it, the gambit system and the deck weapon. The problem I see is that people stills hopes this is a full fledged action RPG, and based of what we were told is not even close.

I like the action combat with more strategic elements. It has the JRPG roots in planning out what you need to do, and the added of an action based system? Count me in.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Yeah although it looks like most of that won't even be available in the demo.

butman

perfection.gif

So can anyone explain how the battle system will be?

It seems it will be more like FF XII where you can assign actions to the other 3 characters no?

Turin

Banned
Let's just hope they reach their goal of dual audio in the final release then. I feel like they fell into to trap of trying to make the English version sound like the Japanese counterpart and that's the absolute wrong way to do any sort of localization.

I would assume that'd be an option. Didn't they do that for XIII?

Reveirg

Let's just hope they reach their goal of dual audio in the final release then. I feel like they fell into to trap of trying to make the English version sound like the Japanese counterpart and that's the absolute wrong way to do any sort of localization.

XII had by far the best voice acting of the series. I don't get why everything went downhill from there on :/

ARR was particularily awful in that regard, although it has improved quite a lot in the latest patches' voiced cutscenes.

XII was by far the best localization this series has ever had. I don't get why everything went downhill from there on :/

ARR was particularily awful in that regard, although it has improved quite a lot in the latest patches' voiced cutscenes.

Aw, ARR's localization is bad? I've only played 1.0 and I thought it's pretty great.

Amir0x

Banned
Damn that wildlife video is sick. Why even put that much detail into a random gecko and eagle that won't even be a part of the game in any meaningful way!

I love it but damn this game must be so labor intensive

Dynasty8

They already made two games based entirely off fan feedback: FFXIII-2 and Lightning Returns.

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic... :/

I feel like both those games downgraded the reputation for the series as a whole...not that they were entirely bad games, but they didn't meet the quality of FFI-IX.

But I was wrong...we probably wouldn't have FFXIV: ARR if it wasn't for the fan's reaction.

Damn that wildlife video is sick. Why even put that much detail into a random gecko and eagle that won't even be a part of the game in any meaningful way!

I love it but damn this game must be so labor intensive

According to Naora's speech at that college thing, they made an actual model for the Behemoth (That Naora then broke), and they where dissecting fish they bought in the market to make a Leviathan model before it all made it into the game.

So yeah, this game is very labor intensive, not only with the details in the game, but also outside of it =X

Mr. RHC

Game looks great but Gladiolus still sounds like he has eaten a human being before speaking his part and I'm not happy with Noctis either.

It's weird to see real world animals in there along with the monsters. I like how the Behemoth design looks inspired from the IX version.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Yeah, there never have been normal frogs in a more fantastical environment before in the series.

maxresdefault.jpg

Those were cute though, but IX also had these frogs.

Dorf_der_Schwarzmagier_Nacht.png

The FFXV Chocobos remind me of the thinner necked Chocobos, like the ones from FFVII(kinda a similar body build), just more "realistic" looking.
FFXV-Black-Chocobo.jpg

And is it me, or was there a herd of Mesmerizes?

I think it would be cool if we had image comparison's to all the enemies in XV with their older counterparts.

DR2K

Banned
Looks like Final Fantasy doing its best impression of a generic WRPG. Looks bland and soulless. I'll be there day 1, and I'll probably enjoy it if I keep lowering my expectations.

Ehhh I meant voice acting. The localization is brilliant!
(Unless you hate puns!)

Oh, I didn't follow the conversation, sorry. As someone who is about to play ARR, that's a relief.

Regarding VA quality post-XII, I am assuming it's because there wasn't many in XIV, so they were phoning it in. And the dialogues in XIII are weird to begin with (I swear Troy Baker did the best he could with the lines he got).

Go_Ly_Dow

According to Naora's speech at that college thing, they made an actual model for the Behemoth (That Naora then broke), and they where dissecting fish they bought in the market to make a Leviathan model before it all made it into the game.

So yeah, this game is very labor intensive, not only with the details in the game, but also outside of it =X

They also toured major world city's and landmarks and climbed mountains just for the game.

Geg

Oh, I didn't follow the conversation, sorry. As someone who is about to play ARR, that's a relief.

Regarding VA quality post-XII, I am assuming it's because there wasn't many in XIV, so they were phoning it in. And the dialogues in XIII are weird to begin with (I swear Troy Baker did the best he could with the lines he got).

Speaking of Troy Baker and Snow, the localization for XIII actually did a pretty good job at improving a lot of dialogue, particularly for Snow. If you thought the stuff he said in English was stupid, it was worse in Japanese.

From my experience (experience = reading comments on nico videos) Japanese fans seem to view XIII's script as the worst in the series

Fucking YouTube has failed to load the dungeon video every time I've tried to load it for days.

I want to like it. I expect to hate it. The not knowing is killing me.

Top Bottom