• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to try this with Snow, Cecil, Tilith, Ling, Emp, and either Dark Fina or another Emp friend. Snow/Cecil for 100% taunt and damage reduction. Tilith for the heals, Ling for mp and emp for the damage.

Pachimari

So I have to upgrade my units:

Cecil 5* 39/80 > 6* 82/100
WoL 5* 37/80 > 5* 69/80
Lenna 4* 46/60 > 5* 80/80

Until I can move on with the story quests and earn lapis that I want for the crystal change or FFXIV banner. This is frustrating. I basically have to wait for a gigantuar event because it's going way too slow in the Chamber of Experience. :(

WoL 5* 37/80 > 5* 69/80

Until I can move on with the story quests and earn lapis that I want for the crystal change or FFXIV banner. This is frustrating. I basically have to wait for a gigantuar event because it's going way too slow in the Chamber of Experience. :(

You are doing one unit at a time right?

WoL 5* 37/80 > 5* 69/80

We are getting new useful FREE units next week. One is a healer and I can't remember the others. The 23rd changes this game.

Pachimari

You are doing one unit at a time right?
In the Chamber of Experience I only use Lenna and WoL (since I have to pick at least two units) and a friend unit. They gain 1 lvl averagely.

We are getting new useful FREE units next week. One is a healer and I can't remember the others. The 23rd changes this game.
Aren't we just getting free 10+1 pulls? Those can be anyone and all start at lvl 1 so they would need to be levelled too for me to get through Veritas of the Heavens.

In the Chamber of Experience I only use Lenna and WoL (since I have to pick at least two units) and a friend unit. They gain 1 lvl averagely.

Aren't we just getting free 10+1 pulls? Those can be anyone and all start at lvl 1 so they would need to be levelled too for me to get through Veritas of the Heavens.

??

You only need one unit and one friend. Dumps all 30K xp on one unit. Averaging 2 levels a run to down to 1

ANd once you are grinding 6 star once they get past 80 you are looking at 2 runs for a level

Pachimari

??

You only need one unit and one friend. Dumps all 30K xp on one unit. Averaging 2 levels a run to down to 1

ANd once you are grinding 6 star once they get past 80 you are looking at 2 runs for a level
Oh shit, all this time I thought I had to bring at least 2 units, but then it turns out that the reason I couldn't remove a unit was because I had set it as a leader lmao. This is gonna be interesting then. Can't wait to see how fast I can level up a single unit.

So on 5* I get 2 levels per run, and when they are 6* I get 1 level per run?

Oh shit, all this time I thought I had to bring at least 2 units, but then it turns out that the reason I couldn't remove a unit was because I had set it as a leader lmao. This is gonna be interesting then. Can't wait to see how fast I can level up a single unit.

So on 5* I get 2 levels per run, and when they are 6* I get 1 level per run?

Well you get from 1-30 fast, 30-60 slower and 60-100 really slow... roughly 1 level per run up to 2 runs per level near the end

The only other options are Arena cactuars and daily cactuars with gil but I imagine you may be strapped for gil as a new player so hold onto it

The last option is the most tedious

Completely clearing out all enemies in HIGH exp explorations. One of the best being Maranda coast (since its easy) that gives 60k XP. Once again youll want to have a beefed up friend to help you solo it so your unit gets all the xp but this is the most time consuming way to level

It's gonna be one hell of a long grind, seeing that I spent 15 NRG on one run, and it takes 5 minutes to charge up 1 NRG. :(

Make sure to grind arena for those freebie arena summons and cactuses... yeah its not much but all the little extra Xp helps

only combine 5 cactuses every time though... it gets very expensive to combine cactuses if you dont have huge Gil reserves

Valentus

Dandte my luka is set as a leader.

Going to try this with Snow, Cecil, Tilith, Ling, Emp, and either Dark Fina or another Emp friend. Snow/Cecil for 100% taunt and damage reduction. Tilith for the heals, Ling for mp and emp for the damage.

Zera, emperors starfall chains perfectly with meteor because well... Its the same animation XD

So am emperor, exdeath and emperor friend would wreck all things in no time.

Pachimari

Make sure to grind arena for those freebie arena summons and cactuses... yeah its not much but all the little extra Xp helps

only combine 5 cactuses every time though... it gets very expensive to combine cactuses if you dont have huge Gil reserves
I never really did Arena. So I can earn cactuars even by losing? I'll surely try it out daily. And I got 70k gil on my account.

mstevens

Noctis on the first 10 pull, and then another one 4 10 pulls later. That site is just a conspiracy to get me to buy Lapis ;)

Seriously though, I've been F2P since I started playing (47 days ago) and I'm ready to kick them back some $$ to help support the game with these crystal change. I was looking at the Lapis cost, though, and dang! $50 doesn't even get two 10+1 pulls. I may wait for a better deal.

Noctis on the first 10 pull, and then another one 4 10 pulls later. That site is just a conspiracy to get me to buy Lapis ;)

Seriously though, I've been F2P since I started playing (47 days ago) and I'm ready to kick them back some $$ to help support the game with these crystal change. I was looking at the Lapis cost, though, and dang! $50 doesn't even get two 10+1 pulls. I may wait for a better deal.
Amazon Coins my friend

I never really did Arena. So I can earn cactuars even by losing? I'll surely try it out daily. And I got 70k gil on my account.

Some easy setups to win arena with cheap units

- Exdeath. Basically good for arena out of the box but does take time a resources to get to 6 start

- Firion - Doesnt have man eater but can bladeblitz with any weapon so slap on something that paralyzes, petrifies, sleeps etc...

- Bartz - Just like firion but doesnt innately get Bladeblitz so youll have to settle for barrage. Also has a huge equipment selection

- Arianna - Free 6 star mage that had great equipment that was easy to get. Good for thundaga chaining with other mages

- Cloud of Darkness - 3 star base and most people have one. Can equip Golem staff and Thorned mace. Beef her up to 6 star and barrage away. Man Eater Plus allows her to hit max damage easily

- Ling - Probably one of the cheapest Arena bruisers if you were lucky enough to pull one. AoE status attack (blocked this week though :( ) that can shut down teh opposing team

- Warrior of Light - Bladeblitz and status weapons... I suppose this suggestion goes to any AoE innate physical attacker that can equip good status weapons

- Chizuru - IF you have one.... max here. She is good in arena even without dual wield. Multihit AoE's do work

As far as new players go? Just try to fight the weakest teams that you can. Look for Low Rank, Low place and stick to ratios of .8 to 1.1 for safer fights

You still get points and rewards even if you lose but its preferable to win. Arena is tedious but teh rewards are so good we really have no excuse not to do them so make a team thats brainless and quick to score victories with

Also Pachi... I saw that you do have several top units so building an arena team should be even easier. MAKE SURE to set your ARENA team in the options menu

robotuw

.4% until I get Deathbringer and then I'll give ELT Dreadnought a shot. Don't think I'll bother with the hp 15% (at least on the first run) so I expect it to be pretty easy.

What's the best way to level an esper? My golem is still unupgraded and I need to learn provoke so my Cecil can actually tank without gambling on cover and sentinel.

What's the best way to level an esper? My golem is still unupgraded and I need to learn provoke so my Cecil can actually tank without gambling on cover and sentinel.

Traditionally it was grinding magicite drops from the Phantom Forest exploration

Also you can clear arena reward boards for megacites

The last mog king event was and amazing source since you can get high volumes of Megacites for cheap

I am not sure if there is a better Magicite dropping exploration that beats phantom forest at the moment but thats the only other source

Traditionally it was grinding magicite drops from the Phantom Forest exploration

The last mog king event was and amazing source since you can get high volumes of Megacites for cheap

I am not sure if there is a better Magicite dropping exploration that beats phantom forest at the moment but thats the only other source

Ah, damn. I tried a little of that and it didn't seem too fast or fun, so I guess I have to cross my fingers and hope another event comes along soon so I can stock up on megacite.

Dandte

Dandte my luka is set as a leader.

Zera, emperors starfall chains perfectly with meteor because well... Its the same animation XD

So am emperor, exdeath and emperor friend would wreck all things in no time.

Thanks! haha i don't know how, but for the first time i messed up the bombs on the final fight....how long do i have to wait to use your Luka gain? 3 hours?

The chamber of crystals is going on this weekend. Not sure how that compares but it's another way to farm just magicities etc.

The chamber of crystals is going on this weekend. Not sure how that compares but it's another way to farm just magicities etc.

Chamber of Crystals

Not as good as Phantom Forest but far less tedious and mindless

Hell you could probably just macro it and have a good amount if you arent worried about effienciency

I had exactly 35 NRG and only needed 9 exp to level up, so I decided to finally try the Europa trial. If I failed, I could always just do a single earth shrine to level and go back another day.

I narrowly pulled off the 5-person team with DW CoD, DW Noctis, DC Refia, Cecil + OP Friend Noctis. The Chocolates helped a ton in regaining MP. The trial probably isn't all that bad with a full 6 person team if you bring 2 DPS, Healer, Tank and 2 Mana Batteries, like Bartz or Ling along. The two Nocti did the heavy lifting, while Cecil Tanked / LB Buffed and Refia kept everyone alive. CoD was mostly useless with pitiful damage despite having Rising Sun in one hand. She was most useful in tossing MP recover items and one time that I did Comeback to esuna a team blind.

However, I'm ticked that I failed the Esper kill and had a few KOs along the way. Europa was down to a sliver of health, and CoD invoked Diabolos. Europa didn't die, >_<. On the next round, auto-attacks did it in. YAY for Demon Mail but RIP 40 Lapis; I doubt I'll try that again.

Zalasta

Ummm guys....
2) Tried to log back into the game but every time it tried to connect, it would kill the game and would have to re launch (I've experienced this a few times in the past). Tried around 6-7 times and no luck starting the game.

I had this happened to me during trial of love event. What worked for me is to reinstall the app, but when I was able to log in without crashing, the dungeon reset to the beginning and I lost all progress.

Valentus

I read in reddit that you cant veat ELT being f2p without luka cecil and ling...

well, lets do It without them!

Because in my previous vídeo It could be difficult that Someone has cecil with Max lb, luka and ling, i made the trial without those 3 units!

I didnt get the no-death achievement, but the HP+15% materia achievement is there.

I used

Seven (Golem esper, very important!)
Primm
Rain
White Witch fina
Exdeath
Exdeath friend

Seven has a lot of HP, and also has triple slip. So i can use this to tank the captain attacks.

First turn: primm lb (spr debuff) - exdeath lb (sleep mines) - Seven provoke - rain leadership - exdeaths meteor

Then i activate the triple slip and killed the bombs for the sargeants also target Seven.

It was a more difficult fight, but It proces that you can do f2p and clear without those 3 key units.

I read in reddit that you cant veat ELT being f2p without luka cecil and ling...

Because in my previous vídeo It could be difficult that Someone has cecil with Max lb, luka and ling, i made the trial without those 3 units!

I didnt get the no-death achievement, but the HP+15% materia achievement is there.

I used

Seven (Golem esper, very important!)
Primm
Rain
White Witch fina
Exdeath
Exdeath friend

Seven has a lot of HP, and also has triple slip. So i can use this to tank the captain attacks.

First turn: primm TM (spr debuff) - exdeath lb (sleep mines) - Seven provoke - rain leadership - exdeaths meteor

Then i activate the triple slip and killed the bombs for the sargeants also target Seven.

It was a more difficult fight, but It proces that you can do f2p and clear without those 3 key units.

very nice

you are a damn magician

Xion86

That was great to watch, what a brilliant and tactical fight, gave the video a like!
When Rain died, I liked how you kept it calm, didn't revive him and let Seven take over whilst dealing the damage and keeping everyone alive. My first instinct would have been to get him back up. Then you waited to bring both back up at the same time when they went down. Haven't used Rain since his 6*, really should try him out again!

Pachimari

Some easy setups to win arena with cheap units

- Exdeath. Basically good for arena out of the box but does take time a resources to get to 6 start

- Firion - Doesnt have man eater but can bladeblitz with any weapon so slap on something that paralyzes, petrifies, sleeps etc...

- Bartz - Just like firion but doesnt innately get Bladeblitz so youll have to settle for barrage. Also has a huge equipment selection

- Arianna - Free 6 star mage that had great equipment that was easy to get. Good for thundaga chaining with other mages

- Cloud of Darkness - 3 star base and most people have one. Can equip Golem staff and Thorned mace. Beef her up to 6 star and barrage away. Man Eater Plus allows her to hit max damage easily

- Ling - Probably one of the cheapest Arena bruisers if you were lucky enough to pull one. AoE status attack (blocked this week though :( ) that can shut down teh opposing team

- Warrior of Light - Bladeblitz and status weapons... I suppose this suggestion goes to any AoE innate physical attacker that can equip good status weapons

- Chizuru - IF you have one.... max here. She is good in arena even without dual wield. Multihit AoE's do work

As far as new players go? Just try to fight the weakest teams that you can. Look for Low Rank, Low place and stick to ratios of .8 to 1.1 for safer fights

You still get points and rewards even if you lose but its preferable to win. Arena is tedious but teh rewards are so good we really have no excuse not to do them so make a team thats brainless and quick to score victories with

Also Pachi... I saw that you do have several top units so building an arena team should be even easier. MAKE SURE to set your ARENA team in the options menu
My Bartz doesn't have Barrage, so I'm going with Cecil. My Ariana can do Thundaga with my Exdeath and do a chain but honestly I prefer having a healer like Lenna with me. So right now my Arena/Colosseum party looks like this:

Cecil 5* 39
Lenna 4* 51
Luneth 6* 100
Exdeath 5* 72
WoL 5* 37

Although I have these too:

Dangerous Ariana 6* 2
Bartz 4* 29
Ace 6* 24
Luka 4* 13

[edit] Okay, Lenna is getting insta-killed and thus useless, so I'm gonna try and replace her with my Ariana.

With that team i would slaughter Antonella.

Dark fina should cast dystopia all turns.
Refia should embolden and heal
Chizuru only Phantom shadow
Exdeath double meteor
Cecil Focus and heal.

You really really shouldnt have trouble with the plant

I don't have any TMs and my equipment isn't top notch, so maybe I'm just not there yet. Really need a better weapon for CoD and more powerful friends on my list :p

This would be nice to see in-game

JpYg3Dz.png

Valentus

That was great to watch, what a brilliant and tactical fight, gave the video a like!
When Rain died, I liked how you kept it calm, didn't revive him and let Seven take over whilst dealing the damage and keeping everyone alive. My first instinct would have been to get him back up. Then you waited to bring both back up at the same time when they went down. Haven't used Rain since his 6*, really should try him out again!

If you see the vídeo, i found a horrible, horrible bug:

I precasted double meteor with both exd. But then i changed my mind and changed one exdeath to throw Phoenix down.

When i activate the ítem... The exdeath casted meteor! I was like "wtf" and then changed the command of the other exdeath for Phoenix down and he casted meteor Too!

And the worst is that my 2 Phoenix down were consumed anyway!

I thought that would cost me the fight, but i can recover. Still is a very annonying bug.

My Bartz doesn't have Barrage, so I'm going with Cecil. My Ariana can do Thundaga with my Exdeath and do a chain but honestly I prefer having a healer like Lenna with me. So right now my Arena/Colosseum party looks like this:

Cecil 5* 39
Lenna 4* 51
Luneth 6* 100
Exdeath 5* 72
WoL 5* 37

Although I have these too:

Dangerous Ariana 6* 2
Bartz 4* 29
Ace 6* 24
Luka 4* 13

Yup your main issue right now is getting your units to max level

Luneth can put in work. Make sure to grab the blood sword when you can (it takes forever since its a colloseum....recipe. Look up a guide) and the Murasame i guess?

Ace at 6 star is nice. I believe he also has AoE status attack (support hand), Firaga, Thundaga, and Tri beam laser. All good Arena moves

Arianna you just need to level but she is a solid mage though not having dual cast..... Probably would have been better to max Exdeath first

WoL can be of service with Bladeblitz and a status weapon. Your Bartz is further away from being useful since he is still mid 4 star

Yeah so you could squeak by in arena but you have a lot of work to do

jnWake

the normal diabolos?

dude just bring a whale friend to wreck his shit

one Noctis warp break should bring him down

That is an option but I enjoy the challenge of clearing story content by myself! I just don't know of any counters to his attacks. So far all other bosses that gave me trouble I could beat.

That is an option but I enjoy the challenge of clearing story content by myself! I just don't know of any counters to his attacks. So far all other bosses that gave me trouble I could beat.

awww ok

yeah at this point in the game...

you dont have many bruisers that can dish out holy damage

Exdeath, Primm, and Cupid Artemios are the ones that pop to mind. Warrior of Light as well

Gotta beef up your team and go to town

Im not 100% on this but Demon killer should also get you bonus damage

Stack that with buffs and debuffs and try to drop him in 1-2 turns

otherwise you wont survive too many volleys

robotuw

So Tilith and Seven's TMs are exactly the same huh? They couldn't even toss a +5% spr/def on them to differentiate them or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom