• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstevens

So I finished dual wield but it doesn't seem to be working as intended. I put it on Noctis and he attacks twice now, but I thought it worked on flasks too? It's not working for those attacks, at least in the arena.

Alkez

I'm taking a minute and thinking about my future teams for this game

This seems REALLY solid and I just need a few more TM's to have this type of diversity for my teams. If I'd had a maxed LB Cecil Refia would have been eliminated from my line up long ago. Awesome job with this.

Damn Pejo, that's pretty good. On track to pulling off Zera's theory. One thing I would like to add is that Cecil provides focus too which is nice for defence against magic.

I think later on Tidus could be a good fit for this type of team/a more flexible replacement for Gilgamesh. He also has an aoe mp regen like Noctis but with a built-in barwatera, and has a skill equivalent to Rain's leadership, which would mean you can throw that up and break on the first turn as opposed to having to choose. (Edit: Thinking about it Noctis can break too. This would give you options in later turn more likely then.) Obviously 5* bases are a long shot but thought I would mention it.

damn 1 hour fight failed coz of 1 mistake.

That is the new trial isn't it? Bloodmoon or whatever.

Ah that would make sense. It seems ridiculously unforgiving. I mean Miso was basically running 5 defensive units and barely surviving :/

So I finished dual wield but it doesn't seem to be working as intended. I put it on Noctis and he attacks twice now, but I thought it worked on flasks too? It's not working for those attacks, at least in the arena.

?????

Thats impossible unless something bugged out with your game

Are you sure the characters aren't dead? If something's dead, the second attack for Dual Wield doesn't trigger.

DW just effects weapon skills so pretty sure it's not supposed to work for Flasks. He's never thrown two flasks for me. Good lord would that be OP lol

Damn Pejo, that's pretty good. On track to pulling off Zera's theory. One thing I would like to add is that Cecil provides focus too which is nice for defence against magic.

I think later on Tidus could be a good fit for this type of team/a more flexible replacement for Gilgamesh. He also has an aoe mp regen like Noctis but with a built-in barwatera, and has a skill equivalent to Rain's leadership, which would mean you can throw that up and break on the first turn as opposed to having to choose. (Edit: Thinking about it Noctis can break too. This would give you options in later turn more likely then.) Obviously 5* bases are a long shot but thought I would mention it.

Ah that would make sense. It seems ridiculously unforgiving. I mean Miso was basically running 5 defensive units and barely surviving :/

By the end of March I should have all I need to make this happen for my team. I just need to take an hour or so and write it all down and work it out then put the units in the TM cooking oven.

This more than anything just reassures me that I HAVE to get a Tilith when her 6* banner comes. I was feeling so good about my DC Refia, but I mean, come on.

Did you see how much Tilith healed for?!?!?!?! PLZ give me her 6* now Gumi! I max potted mine for everything except atk, I can't wait.

?????

Thats impossible unless something bugged out with your game

Yeah this sounds weird as hell.

Pejo

Thanks! I had never really looked at Tidus, but holy shit, you are right. What a skillset that dude has.

Man and here I was just getting quietly hyped about Rikku. That banner is going to cost me dearly, I fear.

I hope so too! Thought Emperor might work well for this, but he may end up being too squishy. I don't have his own TM yet, which has the extra HP 10% on it.

I'm working on his TM now myself. Can't wait to see how high I can push his HP and mag.

Weirdly enough I was looking this up earlier today for my arena team. Sadly the only thing that does both is Karl's TM as far as I could see.

This makes me sad and I wish I had kept more than 2 karl's for this :-(

tuffymon

It's possible that the first flask finished them off. I'll try it again when I get home, don't want to mess up the macro.

2 Things, oddly enough... first of all to do a second attack you do have to put on a second weapon, just putting dual wield on isn't enough (I'm not trying to be rude or belittle, just being thorough). Secondly, sometimes flask does kill them fast enough that it doesn't trigger the second toss.

H3xum

So, JP players (cough shouta cough)

Even though DKC is rated pretty highly on Altema...do people use him at all for major content?

Muku

I hope they'll just awaken WoL and Garland.

Same! Been waiting since basically right after I started for Garland love. And just yesterday capped WoL so he is now ready! I'm ready for both!

we aint getting Orlandu next week are we?

Didn't you get the memo? We all want it too much so now we're not getting it.
Not really. But it feels that way. 2040 if we're lucky? Maybe?

tuffymon

Same! Been waiting since basically right after I started for Garland love. And just yesterday capped WoL so he is now ready! I'm ready for both!

Didn't you get the memo? We all want it too much so now we're not getting it.
Not really. But it feels that way. 2040 if we're lucky? Maybe?

We'll get Orlandu when half-life 3 comes out >.>;

Niahak

Will FF0 part 2 keep the original set as bonus units as well?
I'd like to not have to pull anything. Even if the TMRs are good, it'd be nice to be able to save up lapis/tickets.

Worst case would be a FF13 style event where lightning didn't count until she suddenly did, I suppose.

My guess is FF Type 0 #2 this week and Player's Choice next week and then an exploration event and then FF Tactics #2 the week after that. So my bet is Orlandu in a month.

Shmuppers

Can you guys share with me your TM farming secrets? I'm finally getting units like ludmille, mercedes, etc so it's probably time to get on that

Alkez

This more than anything just reassures me that I HAVE to get a Tilith when her 6* banner comes. I was feeling so good about my DC Refia, but I mean, come on.

Yeah it's crazy. I unfortunately didn't get her the first banner as well (I think you and I have similar luck lol) but with the crystal change hopefully I'll be able to pick her up upon her return.

By the end of March I should have all I need to make this happen for my team. I just need to take an hour or so and write it all down and work it out then put the units in the TM cooking oven.

Looking forward to reading your write up when it's all done.

You know what I really like about this concept? It promotes something that I really believe in, which is play the game the way you want to play the game. People are always say you need this and that, and sure certain challenges will require certain units or setups, but I think your "default team" can be anything you want it to be.

Thanks! I had never really looked at Tidus, but holy shit, you are right. What a skillset that dude has.

Man and here I was just getting quietly hyped about Rikku. That banner is going to cost me dearly, I fear.

Glad I could help. While Tidus and Eileen are respected I do think they go under the radar sometimes because people are so focused on Orlandu. I think each one of them is unique, and while they all provide a similar kind of DPS it's the other features that can really set one of them apart as an ideal fit for your team.

Can you guys share with me your TM farming secrets? I'm finally getting units like ludmille, mercedes, etc so it's probably time to get on that

Well what do you have access to?

Ideally you would want some sort of PC to run overnight so you arent glued to your phone

If you have phone only there are ways to set up Android (Frep) and IOS (switch controls) to run the game for you

What else would you like to know?

Niahak

Comparatively casual, but I use FREP on Android to have my phone do some runs when I'm not using it. You record a macro of screen presses and it can replay X times (e.g. 20). I'm only in front of a computer infrequently at home so it's more convenient for me.

I think Switch Control built into iOS can do the same thing.

Shmuppers

1. Nox or Memu
2. Reddit macro
3. Pray every 20 mins your program, game or connection doesn't crash
I'll check the reddit out.
Well what do you have access to?

Ideally you would want some sort of PC to run overnight so you arent glued to your phone

If you have phone only there are ways to set up Android (Frep) and IOS (switch controls) to run the game for you

What else would you like to know?
Which is better between Memu and Nox?
Comparatively casual, but I use FREP on Android to have my phone do some runs when I'm not using it. You record a macro of screen presses and it can replay X times (e.g. 20). I'm only in front of a computer infrequently at home so it's more convenient for me.

I think Switch Control built into iOS can do the same thing.
I've messed with switch controls but I usually need my phone to do other things, so it would be better to use my computer.

Thanks for all the replies!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Everything is coming before Orlandu.

I've pretty much given up.

He will be the following Mog King event, the one thing is, they haven't deviated from the Japanese release. Explorations and Mog Kings have come in the same order, but they changed it up by their own content. If we assume it, Zero for the next two weeks, raid for the following. So about 5 weeks out.

Alkez

Everything is coming before Orlandu.

I've pretty much given up.

Don't worry, 2018 isn't that far away.

He will be the following Mog King event, the one thing is, they haven't deviated from the Japanese release. Explorations and Mog Kings have come in the same order, but they changed it up by their own content. If we assume it, Zero for the next two weeks, raid for the following. So about 5 weeks out.

Didn't FF3 come out much earlier than the JP schedule? I feel like it was before the 13 mog king event over here. Maybe FF4 as well?

I'll check the reddit out.

Which is better between Memu and Nox?

I've messed with switch controls but I usually need my phone to do other things, so it would be better to use my computer.

Thanks for all the replies!

For me its been Nox but it could vary depending on your machine

Whatever what you choose to use make sure to mess with the settings, mute sound, disable unneccesary background apps etc.

After that go to the reddit macro page and download the premade ones with instructions there or make your own
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/55f44k/lets_talk_nox_macros/

Syntsui

People are saying this since December lol. They will probably make a Easter banner with fucking Bunny Finna and delay Orlandu even more.

robotuw

Daily was another Ludmille (my 7th? 8th?) Since I was almost done TM farming three of them anyway I fused her in and got my second dualcast. Not sure I really needed it but now Refia and Cecil both have it. I'd be more excited if Cecil had esuna I think, but I don't want to TM farm Maria unless I have 5 of her.

That brings the current TM farm crew to: Agrias #1, Zidane #2, Zidane #3, Garnet #1, Shine #1. Agrias and Garnet will be done the soonest since they are both in the high 60s. Zidane #2 is getting all the future moogles but is still only at 25% for now. The others just started.

2 11 pulls....one Shine. Jesus take the wheel....... upped rates my ass! She's a 4* base. Am I saying I should have gotten 6? No....but 1 out of 22? Come on...

Looking forward to reading your write up when it's all done.

You know what I really like about this concept? It promotes something that I really believe in, which is play the game the way you want to play the game. People are always say you need this and that, and sure certain challenges will require certain units or setups, but I think your "default team" can be anything you want it to be.

Yep, I'm really hoping it just offers diversity to what we can do and go against the grain just a little bit.

51% :(

Grats! Game changer I am sure

I used Moogles if it makes you feel better lol.

Cleared a few people out. RIP CCIE :( and bought 10 more slots. 716,468,148 have a 1099 Olive up now, but she will be at 1150ish if I decide to finish Odin and get some pots as well a Shine TM should be done in a couple of days.

I used Moogles if it makes you feel better lol.

Cleared a few people out. RIP CCIE :( and bought 10 more slots. 716,468,148 have a 1099 Olive up now, but she will be at 1150ish if I decide to finish Odin and get some pots as well a Shine TM should be done in a couple of days.

Sent you a request. Zipped baby olive is my shared character...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom