• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

across

Question: how many moogles, if any, do you guys keep?

Right now I have 130% so I'm thinking to just keep 100%s worth in case I pull something good and use the excess. I have another 50% of moogles in my inbox and I feel like I'm beginning to hoard moogles for units that may never come. Meanwhile I've got so many units that need farming and moogles could save me some time on those.

Keep 100% in the tank in case you randomly pull a unit who benefits heavily from their TM (Aileen, Tidus, etc.), keep 20-30% floating around in case you need to help something along on priority, use the rest judiciously on whoever is in your current TM farm team. TM% is TM% is TM%, really. Maybe keep an eye out on the next banner or two in case you think there's something really important coming up for your team but hoarding them is mostly pointless.

I say this as someone who nearly hit 300% in Moogles this month.

I have 70% worth right now. I use em when my units get close to finishing their TMs. Just speeds up the process a bit.

have any of you guys tried or succeded with the 2B damage glitch?

No I tried it out but mine does 1 damage. I've been reading about the glitch a lot today and nobody actually knows what triggers it. A lot are saying it depends on what device you're using to play the game, but I highly doubt that would cause it.

Alkez

Keep 100% in the tank in case you randomly pull a unit who benefits heavily from their TM (Aileen, Tidus, etc.), keep 20-30% floating around in case you need to help something along on priority, use the rest judiciously on whoever is in your current TM farm team. TM% is TM% is TM%, really. Maybe keep an eye out on the next banner or two in case you think there's something really important coming up for your team but hoarding them is mostly pointless.

I say this as someone who nearly hit 300% in Moogles this month.

This makes a lot of sense to me. Looking at the next few banners on the JP schedule it's OK banner which I won't pull on, Veritas banner which I will but don't need to moogle on (I mean I could get the spear mastery for Aileen straight away but no real rush), and then Noctis banner which I'm not sure what they'll do there but no need for me to moogle there either. And in terms of upcoming challenges I can't see any TMs that I will need that I don't already have (I understand your point about the 30% though as I used 40% moogles to get machine killer on the day of the Robot trial release).

windfish

No I tried it out but mine does 1 damage. I've been reading about the glitch a lot today and nobody actually knows what triggers it. A lot are saying it depends on what device you're using to play the game, but I highly doubt that would cause it.

yeah I tried it on my phone, ipad pro and memu... nothing! Currently charging my old galaxy s2 and installing the game on it, if you got an open spot on your fl add me and I'll try it with your 2B in a few minutes.

bonkeng

Right now I have 130% so I'm thinking to just keep 100%s worth in case I pull something good and use the excess. I have another 50% of moogles in my inbox and I feel like I'm beginning to hoard moogles for units that may never come. Meanwhile I've got so many units that need farming and moogles could save me some time on those.

Kl thanks. So it seems to me that the default combo is dash, heavy, LB.

I used to have around 400% worth of moogles saved. But used all of them just this week for DV, Fohlen, 2nd Fryevia and Vargas.

But generally, it's better to save 100%, just in case.

None...
I'd rather keep my tm selection up to date, rather than waiting for something that might NOT happen..
see: nier 9s.. where is she? -.-

Rixa

FYI:Equip Ace with Jeweled Ring.

Spam Wild Card = Ace can solo ELT Raid Boss

It takes time so MP could be an issue longer the battle takes, unless you have enough mp regen.

Used my 4* ticket, got a 5th Grace. I'm starting to hate this game a little...
here's to whoever said that giving a "free" random 5* nat once a month as a login reward would "break" the game..
plenty of game have that model and they thrive by giving some "small change" (random top level base unit) to users to keep them interested..
after spending 25k lapis and 36 tix on nier banner to get
0 9s
0 5* nat of any sort
trust me, I'm more than pissed....

here's to whoever said that giving a "free" random 5* nat once a month as a login reward would "break" the game..
plenty of game have that model and they thrive by giving some "small change" (random top level base unit) to users to keep them interested..
after spending 25k lapis and 36 tix on nier banner to get
0 9s
0 5* nat of any sort
trust me, I'm more than pissed....

Thats such garbage ESPECIALLY because that would take MONTHS to save up for a f2p. Only to get nothing in return? Horrible. I fucking hope I don't give these guys anymore money :( I need to stay strong.

Thats such garbage ESPECIALLY because that would take MONTHS to save up for a f2p. Only to get nothing in return? Horrible. I fucking hope I don't give these guys anymore money :( I need to stay strong.
i am f2p..
and i saved for month :)
now... welllll i've got nothing..
thankfully i still have two islands worth of story mode..
but i feel like i've taken a kick in the groin..

i am f2p..
and i saved for month :)
now... welllll i've got nothing..
thankfully i still have two islands worth of story mode..
but i feel like i've taken a kick in the groin..

Good thing you're still working through story mode to accrue more resources. I seriously hope Gumi changes the rates sooner rather than later. I know there will be units I want in the upcoming months but I really want to try and hold of any 11 pulls, tickets, anything besides dailies.

Hopefully pulling one unit a day will satiate my hunger for spending.

Wtf!?https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6teaff/jp_type_banner_step_up_system_815/

It's official. I'm not spending SHIT till we get this over here. If each banner is good for 3 11pulls and I'm guaranteed to get a 5*, I'll be a happy camper.

Syntsui

Good thing you're still working through story mode to accrue more resources. I seriously hope Gumi changes the rates sooner rather than later. I know there will be units I want in the upcoming months but I really want to try and hold of any 11 pulls, tickets, anything besides dailies.

Hopefully pulling one unit a day will satiate my hunger for spending.

Wtf!?https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6teaff/jp_type_banner_step_up_system_815/

It's official. I'm not spending SHIT till we get this over here. If each banner is good for 3 11pulls and I'm guaranteed to get a 5*, I'll be a happy camper.
It's a good system but the 5* pool is pretty big on those type banners and if you are chasing specific units, it will still be an exercise of frustration.

You are not even supposed to do a lot of pulls on those banners if you are seasoned player with good options for every role. They are great for new players specifically.

If that system was universal and every banner benefited from it, something like the FEH system, now that would be a megaton.

Vashetti

Banned
Honestly the best part of this raid for me is the Esper materials.

Almost maxed out Titan 2* and then going to finish 2* level 34 Golem. :)

Kl thanks. So it seems to me that the default combo is dash, heavy, LB.

Sitting on 270%. I used 100% to insta get DVs TM when I pulled him.

CGwizz

In my main i am in the part where i am with jake in the palace of the emperor, still lot of story to beat or i am finishing it ?

At 45% for 2B TM at the moment. No surprise that I've seen only 1 fucking 9S moogle. They definitely fucked with the drop rates to ensure he was harder to master. That's ok. I'll take a new top katana.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
1 gold pulls from tickets today...Xon dupe...and Beach Fina.

ffs Beach Fina is on every 2nd gold pull ive had since coming back to the game. Feels like they included those units only to piss us off lol.

Celegus

I guess the 6 Amelias I got on Friday made it easy enough to get her TM, not that I have anyone to put it on. Got a ton of Orran and Meliadoul too, but looked up their TMs which look like trash. Would've been nice to at least get some TM fodder after everything I used, but not really anything good other than Amelias.

Judging by the way things are going, I'll maybe max out 9S, 2 Eve and 2 21O if I'm lucky.

TM rates seem low as well in the Raid Gacha.

Who at Gumi thought it was a smart idea to make this limited run banner as excruciating as possible?

Hope I hit a string of luck and finish off 3 Eve and at least 3 21O.

If I had a 2nd 9S I wouldn't be too positive about the odds of me getting enough Moogles to finish it off.

I got every Moogle multiple times with exception of 9S. (20% 2B, 15% A2, 10% 21O, and 10% Eve) Still keeping the 2B Moogles in my inventory in hopes of actually getting her.

Daily second 2b!!!!!!

No A2 though...... wish it were her instead. I really want to pull for a2, I KNOW I shouldn't.
Congrats!! I wish I could trade you my extra A2 for your 2B. Hey Gumi!! Are you listening?!

Congrats!! I wish I could trade you my extra A2 for your 2B. Hey Gumi!! Are you listening?!

I'd be so up for that lol
Could you imagine if this game had trading though?? "Gold farms" lapis gaining accounts would pop up, constant rerolling and selling off units, other people selling accounts and characters, account hackings, it'd be chaos

Also no sign out so far! Anybody still running the log out problem?

Misspoke! Sill happening to me! lol.

Did you try logging out of Facebook through the options menu in Exvius, closing every app you're using, and then opening it all up and logging back in? Worked for me and I don't get the error anymore.

It's a good system but the 5* pool is pretty big on those type banners and if you are chasing specific units, it will still be an exercise of frustration.

You are not even supposed to do a lot of pulls on those banners if you are seasoned player with good options for every role. They are great for new players specifically.

If that system was universal and every banner benefited from it, something like the FEH system, now that would be a megaton.

Ah yes, you're right. I didn't realize it was for certain "weaker" banners. Maybe some of them will still be worth it for long time players though?

Syntsui

Alcrysts and Milcrysts should urgently be added to future Mog King events or even raid banners, they are way too expensive to farm.

windfish

Added. Let us know how the testing goes!

so once again thanks for sharing your B2 with me!
I can indeed confirm that the 2B super damage bug works with older devices/fw!
It didn't worked with any android 5.0+ device, nor any iPad Mini/ Pro with 10+ FW.. don't had a iPhone to test tho.

Finally brought my Galaxy S2 back from the dead and after wasting 300 NRG (thanks expeditions) it now works perfectly any single time with any 2B no matter what level or how much attack! Tested with the Raid and Aigaion.

Using a high attack 2B on Aigaion makes it just a bit more difficult since he is targeting her if she is the strongest unit. So first time I tried him I couldn't summon Ramuth and had to kill the body without risking a complete wipe.

My Samsung is running Android Version 4.1.2 - if anyone still looking for an easy Aigaion Arm now is your chance!

Whales

Banned
I tried the 2b glitch on my support old Nexus phone (android 4.2.1 or something like that)

Takes ages just to load the game, lol, and every black screen lasts like 7 seconds

but... the glitch works on it. So if anyone has that phone.. enjoy! Lol

so once again thanks for sharing your B2 with me!
I can indeed confirm that the 2B super damage bug works with older devices/fw!
It didn't worked with any android 5.0+ device, nor any iPad Mini/ Pro with 10+ FW.. don't had a iPhone to test tho.

Finally brought my Galaxy S2 back from the dead and after wasting 300 NRG (thanks expeditions) it now works perfectly any single time with any 2B no matter what level or how much attack! Tested with the Raid and Aigaion.

Using a high attack 2B on Aigaion makes it just a bit more difficult since he is targeting her if she is the strongest unit. So first time I tried him I couldn't summon Ramuth and had to kill the body without risking a complete wipe.

My Samsung is running Android Version 4.1.2 - if anyone still looking for an easy Aigaion Arm now is your chance!
Hmm I may have to try this with Memu Android 4 version...I still need world destroyer. Maybe just bring along my Orlandeau or something.

NomarTyme

I'd be so up for that lol
Could you imagine if this game had trading though?? "Gold farms" lapis gaining accounts would pop up, constant rerolling and selling off units, other people selling accounts and characters, account hackings, it'd be chaos

Did you try logging out of Facebook through the options menu in Exvius, closing every app you're using, and then opening it all up and logging back in? Worked for me and I don't get the error anymore.

Ah yes, you're right. I didn't realize it was for certain "weaker" banners. Maybe some of them will still be worth it for long time players though?
Thanks. Gonna see if it works.

Whales

Banned
If you have a 2b of your own its even easier.

Take a 2b friend with higher atk, have her cast reraise every turn to eat the ohko and come back

havs your wol use light is with us every turn to protect everyone

rikku with HNA or Lb spam in case something goes wrong

I had a tidus to use his buff move and quick hit for chains

hit the body with some chains until you got summon meter full

Once full, nuke the body with your 2b, make sure rikku lb is up cuz the right arm goes crazy and maybe could kill you

Next turn, evoke ramuh and THEN nuke the right arm with your own 2b, since shes already buffed the first wave should kill the right arm and the second wave of the attack kills the left arm

gg easy, all achievements done.

windfish

Hmm I may have to try this with Memu Android 4 version...I still need world destroyer. Maybe just bring along my Orlandeau or something.

tested it with memu 4.2.2. and it was not working!
If you gonna try it use a lower version if possible! Getting it to work with Memu would definitely make things much easier, those old ass phones are a nightmare to use xD

That is crazy how this glitch works on old devices. Is that even something Gumi can patch or will it be like this forever?

Also, does this glitch only work on machine enemies since it has to do with the Spear move?

Kouriozan

I tried yesterday with my iPad 2017 after reading it on Reddit and no luck.
No lag as well in battle, some were saying it lags like the magnification trick on Android.

Alkez

Sorry guys I seem to have missed the post about this and can't seem to find it. Can anyone explain to me what exactly this glitch is/does and how you do it? And why does it need to be on an older version of android? I've already done the Robot but I'm just curious lol.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
This glitch sounds crazy...wish there would be a way to run it on a emulator or something.

tested it with memu 4.2.2. and it was not working!
If you gonna try it use a lower version if possible! Getting it to work with Memu would definitely make things much easier, those old ass phones are a nightmare to use xD

Ahh bummer, I don't have an old phone handy so I'm probably screwed...

CGwizz

A2 glitchs on my pad she does like 500000000 damage but instead of damaging it heals the Robot, i dont know wtf is going on xD.
Its crazy how broken she is.

Alkez

Hmm, the new STEP system on JP seems nice. I feel like it should be on all banners though and not just the typed ones.

New bonus system added to Type Banners called "Step Up", starts on 8/15.

Every Multi-Pull (5,000 Lapis), you gain rewards based on the "Step".
This is limited to once per type banner, resets completely each banner rotation.

Step 1. Summoning ticket with 10% chance of a 5★
Step 2. 10% Trust Moogle
Step 3. Guaranteed 5★

Xevren

Hmm, the new STEP system on JP seems nice. I feel like it should be on all banners though and not just the typed ones.

That does sound pretty dope.

Alkez all the glitch is, is that depending on what you play on 2B could hit for impossible amounts of damage using her spear move on machines. So some are using it to clear Aigaion.

Muku

Well I came to ask about the Step Up thing and I see talk already. XD

So this confirms what we got out of it... for most part.

I'm assuming it resets each banner rotation from the support/mage one, tank/healer one, and attacker one? Is this how it works? I want to make sure. I have like 13k lapis but trying to figure out where to spend it. I'm assuming it's to help you get something in those categories. And this is only for Lapis use, correct? 5k for the 10+1

Edit: Just realized I have my categries wrong, but don't have game in front of me at moment to correct. So don't hurt me. lol

That does sound pretty dope.

Alkez all the glitch is, is that depending on what you play on 2B could hit for impossible amounts of damage using her spear move on machines. So some are using it to clear Aigaion.

To clarify, is it Pod Charge -> Charged Spear, or just the initial Spear move? It still takes some finesse if the latter because you'll need to survive enough to experience the bug 3 times, no?

Use the glitch to do Robot.

All cheevos got. Done. Happy.

What device did you do it on?

I am assuming there's no way to get an older version of Android installed on Nox/Memu? I have an older version of Nox installed but it's not old enough (think it's 4.4.1 or something). Trying to find old installers but nothing trustworthy yet.

I'm wondering if my wife's old iPad mini would work here...

Top Bottom