• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Kouriozan

Emperor's Fire From Below enhancement will use Black instead of Power cryst, YES! Combined with the better imperil (50% instead of 25%), it's just too good.
I'm so relieved since I just enhanced Agrias.

Edit : wait insolent fools gets Rod Mastery and silence/confusion immunity, damn :eek:

CPlxh39l.jpg

mqCU5FGl.jpg

GIMME NOW *-*

vato_loco

I see that new units are far away in the distance. Is it really necessary to start saving now? I mean, I'll definitely wait for the new Orlandeau banner this friday because he's stupid strong, but other than that...

Hey guys

I think im finally calling it

Had a great time with the game and all of you guys but after taking a break I've noticed that I think I prefer putting my time spent elsewhere. Maybe on some other games or other stuff entirely

You guys are awesome and best of luck!
Take care Rob! Always sad to see someone go. It's a great community.

I know what you mean about finally playing other stuff though.

robotuw

I see that new units are far away in the distance. Is it really necessary to start saving now? I mean, I'll definitely wait for the new Orlandeau banner this friday because he's stupid strong, but other than that...

It's not so much that as there's nothing worth pulling on currently. Things will pick up quick again. Orlandu is still fantastic if you're new, everyone is going to want Ayaka, the FFIV units may be fantastic as they are global exclusive (usually a good sign), and the same goes for the Halloween units.

Emperor's Fire From Below enhancement will use Black instead of Power cryst, YES! Combined with the better imperil (50% instead of 25%), it's just too good.

Edit : wait insolent fools gets Rod Mastery and silence/confusion immunity, damn :eek:

GIMME NOW *-*

Am I finally going to be happy I have two Emperors? Time will tell. What type did "I'll never die!" turn into? I think it was support before but I can't read the new kanji.

Azuran

Banned

CPlxh39l.jpg

mqCU5FGl.jpg

GIMME NOW *-*

I'm so happy he was the unit I pulled from my guarantee rainbow in the Anniversary.

Lyrian

Guard, and insolent fools is green, the most unused ones yet.

One of the leaked slides (the enhancement PowerPoint for October, I believe) stated that moving forward, the colors of enhancement crysts were going to be normalized over most colors (Healing and White are the two losers still if I remember right) and make most of them relevant, unlike on JP.

So will I finally be able to get the Creepy Mask this Halloween event eh? Kinda like the Sakura/Jake units too. Love October as it stands so I'm looking forward to that event!

Syntsui

It really irritates me how they randomly buff some units enhancements and completely neglect others.

I have Emperor so I'm benefiting from this anyway but they robbed Gilgamesh hard. That piece of shit is TM fodder by design.

Celegus

New VLC does look better and oh man I love Lid's pumpkin aura!! I love Halloween events so I'm hoping the new units are pretty good too! Nichol looks like Salty Sol or Melty Luna (+1 if anyone has any idea what I'm talking about)

wilstreak

It really irritates me how they randomly buff some units enhancements and completely neglect others.

I have Emperor so I'm benefiting from this anyway but they robbed Gilgamesh hard. That piece of shit is TM fodder by design.

Lightning and Gilgamesh by far are the 2 biggest losers from enhancement and they doesn't have plan to buff those 2 outside of already mediocre enhancement.

GIMME NOW *-*

Wow, the rise of 96/100 tier Mage. And his enhancement coming together with TT. There goes all my black cryst saving

Prototype

Hey guys

I think im finally calling it

Had a great time with the game and all of you guys but after taking a break I've noticed that I think I prefer putting my time spent elsewhere. Maybe on some other games or other stuff entirely

You guys are awesome and best of luck!

Planning on Monster Hunter World at all?

Celegus

Wow, the rise of 96/100 tier Mage. And his enhancement coming together with TT. There goes all my black cryst saving

Can't wait! Wife also has Emperor, so I think with this she should be able to take down Aigaion finally. And my TT might make Malboro doable.

Looking back at the schedule, Rosa was finally my first base 4* unit last October (started in June), and then got VLC Fina a week later as my second. At least one of them will finally be useful soon!

Prototype

Maybe you mixed it up with Monster Hunter Stories? Which is out? huh...
No, I just haven't been following it very closely. Generations was a huge let down for me coming off 4 Ultimate, which is the best MH in my opinion. But also I was a little burnt on it having spent 100s of hours in Tri, Tri Ultimate, Freedom Unite, and then 4Ultimate. Something about Generations just bothered me. Hopefully World will be good.

tuffymon

No, I just haven't been following it very closely. Generations was a huge let down for me coming off 4 Ultimate, which is the best MH in my opinion. But also I was a little burnt on it having spent 100s of hours in Tri, Tri Ultimate, Freedom Unite, and then 4Ultimate. Something about Generations just bothered me. Hopefully World will be good.

Guess we'll see how good a computer is needed soon enough~ Might be a lot of upgrades happening around that time >.>; I had Mh3u for wiiu, which was alright..., but too much water, mh4 was really good, but no friends to play it. Worlds is definitely shaping up nicely with what I've see so far

Dandte

Since it has been raining on discord Gaf i used my ten+one ticket...of course no rainbow but second wv and first ashe!
First wv was from a free pull this week. Yay.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Logged in today for the first time since the hack....was happy to see that i got the +5k Lapis as well on both of my accounts.

Since im pretty down on the game and we got the 10+1 ticket as well i thought...well lets just use the tickets and 5k Lapis on both accounts...did it and no kidding only got trash across both accounts. Holy shit the pull rate in this game is just the worst.

I understand why even Nomidor couldnt handle this....

Kouriozan

Free daily summon campaign already ended?
I swear the emergency maintenance news said they added one day to it.

Edit : Gumi HQ is probably in ruin and panic right now, heh.

wilstreak

Logged in today for the first time since the hack....was happy to see that i got the +5k Lapis as well on both of my accounts.

Since im pretty down on the game and we got the 10+1 ticket as well i thought...well lets just use the tickets and 5k Lapis on both accounts...did it and no kidding only got trash across both accounts. Holy shit the pull rate in this game is just the worst.

I understand why even Nomidor couldnt handle this....

it is not about droprate, but powercreep and character balance.

FGO has worse drop rate than FFBE yet nobody complain (aside from occasional joke and meme)

cw_sasuke

FGO has worse drop rate than FFBE yet nobody complain (aside from occasional joke and meme)

How is it not about droprate ? You need a Top Tier damage dealer to take on the toughest challenge....been playing since launch and still waiting on a 5* chainer. When you can do just 40 pulls without getting shit as a f2p its frustrating...i dont even care about pulling or most new units but thats the only way i can fill that Top tier dmg dealer slot. So i keep trying and hope the game throws me a bone....

I have probably done 5-7x multipulls in this game ever since starting and they ALL have been shit...dont understand it.

wilstreak

How is it not about droprate ? You need a Top Tier damage dealer to take on the toughest challenge....been playing since launch and still waiting on a 5* chainer. When you can do just 40 pulls without getting shit as a f2p its frustrating...i dont even care about pulling or most new units but thats the only way i can fill that Top tier dmg dealer slot. So i keep trying and hope the game throws me a bone....

I have probably done 5-7x multipulls in this game ever since starting and they ALL have been shit...dont understand it.

no, I mean if Gumi (or Alim, whatever) makes base 3 usable and each new base 5 not as straight upgrade (in almost every way) of older base 5, it won't make pulling less rare unit as frustating as in FFBE.

In game like FGO or GBF, you can tackle even the newest content with 1 or 2 year old unit, in FFBE, you need to have newer unit to even have a chance (there is a rare exception). That's made us frustated when we failed to pull on new banner.

If anything, the only thing I want from Gumi is to do proper character balancing. What we have now doesn't do some of iconic FF character justice (like who care about Freyvia or Aileen, theirbackstory doesn't even have any significant influence to overall exvius plot, yet they make them so strong).

But on the contrary, Gumi is very generous with their currency (even if we don't count that hack bonus).

It is better to save all ticket and banner for later use when rainbow rate increase to 3%, if i am not mistaken from the leak, it will be applied on December.

Well maybe use some for Halloween banner.

Pack it up, games dead...

No new anything this week would be a death kneel for FFBE. After planning nothing last week and then having nothing this week, I just can’t justify playing. There is so much content out there, to have a week with literally no event occurring would make me not want to play at all.

Not pulling 10+1, that way if there is a new banner I can be disappointed on Friday instead of wednesday

fionel

Doesn't O'Zack post videos of trial strategies using base 3*/4* units with next to no TMs every time there's a new trial? Although there is great discrepancies between character usefulness, I think that is a testament to the game balance, despite the fact that a lot of useful gears/units which can be exploited are time-limited and are thus miss-able.

I think you're right about their focus on the original characters though. I believe their strategy has always been using FF characters to pull in users but the real goal is to create new original characters that can sell. Gumi is not part of SE after all and I can see a desire to create strong IP with new characters. This could explain why most of the top-tier units are original FFBE characters.

It's kinda sad that some of the mainline FF protaganists will probably never again see the light of day...

Celegus

No new anything this week would be a death kneel for FFBE. After planning nothing last week and then having nothing this week, I just can’t justify playing. There is so much content out there, to have a week with literally no event occurring would make me not want to play at all.

Not pulling 10+1, that way if there is a new banner I can be disappointed on Friday instead of wednesday

Is it really that hard to just not play for a week? Login, clear daily stuff in 15 minutes and forget about it? There's clearly a ton of stuff coming soon, game isn't anywhere near dead.

cw_sasuke

no, I mean if Gumi (or Alim, whatever) makes base 3 usable and each new base 5 not as straight upgrade (in almost every way) of older base 5, it won't make pulling less rare unit as frustating as in FFBE.

In game like FGO or GBF, you can tackle even the newest content with 1 or 2 year old unit, in FFBE, you need to have newer unit to even have a chance (there is a rare exception). That's made us frustated when we failed to pull on new banner.

If anything, the only thing I want from Gumi is to do proper character balancing. What we have now doesn't do some of iconic FF character justice (like who care about Freyvia or Aileen, theirbackstory doesn't even have any significant influence to overall exvius plot, yet they make them so strong).

But on the contrary, Gumi is very generous with their currency (even if we don't count that hack bonus).

It is better to save all ticket and banner for later use when rainbow rate increase to 3%, if i am not mistaken from the leak, it will be applied on December.

Well maybe use some for Halloween banner.

You are right but being generous with the currency doesnt mean that much if the pulls are this bad. But i dont wanna complain too much, im just not that a big hoarder and want to enjoy the game right now and not always have to play the waiting game for months...especially since the likelihood of getting screwed over ala Nier is even higher if you saved up alot and get trolled.

For reference my multis:

Im like come on...

Is it really that hard to just not play for a week? Login, clear daily stuff in 15 minutes and forget about it? There's clearly a ton of stuff coming soon, game isn't anywhere near dead.

The problem isn’t one person playing, it’s whales and other players leaving because they try other games and that new game smell gets them. It’s the youtubers not having new content and then starting new games.

This game, and all gacha games rely on new content, and two weeks with none is an eternity

Lyrian

The problem isn't one person playing, it's whales and other players leaving because they try other games and that new game smell gets them. It's the youtubers not having new content and then starting new games.

This game, and all gacha games rely on new content, and two weeks with none is an eternity

This and next week were supposed to the the Kingsglaive banner, per the leaks. But for some unknown reason, the collab was canned. There's even pics out there if you look hard enough with a completed English announcement news post for the collab.

The lack of news announcements today again is somewhat alarming, but I wouldn't go off the deep end quite yet until nothing actually shows up on Thursday and Friday.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
The truth about the game is now, the only reason why I'm still here is habit. If I went away for a few days, I'd be done with the game. The terrible rates, slow content roll out, and several other factors. I care very little for the title right now.

Nor is there any reason for me to save, when they will intentionally decrease chances in comparison to JP for it.

Celegus

Y'all realize getting hacked that severely takes time to fix right? Who knows if they're even able to push updates out until everything is fixed and there's no world where a company would admit to that publicly. Honestly I was surprised the game even came up to be playable in less than a day, but that still doesn't mean everything is hunky-dory. I would absolutely hate to be a gumi employee right now, getting attacked by hackers (that some people think are a good thing no less) and by the player base for no updates. Not having new content is not benefiting them in any way, but they can't announce anything until they're positive the servers are actually secure. It sucks for everyone which makes the fact that some people are happy they got hacked all the more baffling.

Kouriozan

My guess is that the maintenance got delayed to Friday, I mean they would probably lose too much money if they don't release a new event, and papa Square Enix would be mad.
If they can't upgrade their server and release content at the same time, they need to hire more people.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

No new anything this week would be a death kneel for FFBE. After planning nothing last week and then having nothing this week, I just can't justify playing. There is so much content out there, to have a week with literally no event occurring would make me not want to play at all.

You guys sure are dramatic :p I don't mean to single you, or anyone else out, but if the game has nothing to do a particular week, then just play something else... I feel like gacha games get to the point where, if we don't have enough things to do each day to fill 5 hours, people get upset.

We come to expect too much from a free to play game. I'm certainly not above doing this myself, though I am trying to get better about just logging in and then not playing that day, and that being okay. Playing multiple phone games helps.

True, powercreep is handled much better in FGO. That and the fact that you really only need 2 characters of your own per team, since only 3 fight at once.

You guys sure are dramatic :p I don't mean to single you, or anyone else out, but if the game has nothing to do a particular week, then just play something else... I feel like gacha games get to the point where, if we don't have enough things to do each day to fill 5 hours, people get upset.

We come to expect too much from a free to play game. I'm certainly not above doing this myself, though I am trying to get better about just logging in and then not playing that day, and that being okay. Playing multiple phone games helps.

You are right my first post was overly dramatic,second post is a little more in line with my thoughts.

I guess it helps that my 10+1 pull netted me an Oldmandeau...

Top Bottom