• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 secret movie leaks, contains a bunch of SPOILERS

Me too, although not sure I like exactly what's being teased here. Please just move on, don't make a direct sequel or something.

@Length: I'm on 140 hours and still have loads to do.

It doesn't seem like a sequel though. All that is similar is
Ace's appearance.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Is that his evolved form? Mega Ace.

I love Visual Works CG! Let there be alot in FFXV

Kudo

That looks really cool, looking forward to getting my Type-0 HD next week!
Maybe we'll see more of this at E3/TGS?

Son Of D

These motherfuckers still need to make good on the tease of a TWEWY sequel in Solo Mix

OK, not specifically *these* motherfuckers, but Square. Square pls

Not just the TWEWY tease, but KH BBS Final Mix' secret episode ends with a teaser of "Birth by Sleep -Volume Two-" and that game seems to be MIA (probably cancelled and the story elements are put into KH3).

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Well, the moment people started getting the game earlier, this was bound to happen.

Thread title could have been a bit more subtle though.

I agree, title could of read:

New Final Fantasy Game Teased (Type-O Ending) *Spoiler*

Still happy I watched it though, really excited :)

If Type 1 steals development resources at all from FFXV then Id rather they not touch it until XV is done.

Square needs to learn to focus and have. A clear direction. You'd think they learned when back in 2006 they but more than they could chew announcing three XIII games and ended up releasing only one of them... 4 years after it was fucking announced!!!

Jawmuncher

Just from the teaser alone, I wonder if they'll just stick with keeping the Type series rated M.
Probably not but would be interesting.

We'll see if anything comes of it, since there's no guarantee that it'll lead to anything (see: the sequel teases in TWEWY Solo Remix, Birth by Sleep Final Mix, *The 3rd Birthday)

*Though I do remember Tabata saying that he'd really like to do another PE game, but that Square would probably make him work on a Type-0 sequel before that. Heh.

-Tanooki-

Neo Member
Well now that's an entertaining tease. Happy to see that link too for the length of the game as that was a concern of mine. I really can't do RPGs anymore on my TV due to lots of factors, but coming in around 30 hours I think that is possible. Anything longer must be on my laptop or the 3DS (or tablet) of it's off limits.

If Type 1 steals development resources at all from FFXV then Id rather they not touch it until XV is done.

Square needs to learn to focus and have. A clear direction. You'd think they learned when back in 2006 they but more than they could chew announcing three XIII games and ended up releasing only one of them... 4 years after it was fucking announced!!!

I doubt this game is being made along with XV. They had pre-production done before they were moved onto XV, but I doubt they'll start development now.

True but I'd rather
we just move away from the main cast and their story. I really hope they don't bring every single character back.

But seriously,
they don't seem to be the same character. Like, at all. It's just their appearance. Which wouldn't be a bad thing to reuse.

I'm guessing the sequel will be Type-0 2, not Type-1. Remember, Tabata said he's open both to a direct sequel to Type-0(which will still be a "Type-0" game) and Type-1 and on(which will be their own original games, with original characters and original worlds).

Verendus

Banned
Sigh... I wish this wasn't spoiled before the game released and wish people discovered it for themselves.
Thread title is pretty clear. If anyone wants to avoid any potential spoilers about Type-0, they can avoid the thread. As for what you're saying about a surprise being ruined, that's silly too, considering it wouldn't be a surprise for very long regardless of people getting the game early or whatever's happened that's led to this. Maybe you'd get an extra day or two from when the official release hits, and someone uploads the video, and it's on all forms of social media. But what about those in other regions who aren't getting it as early? You're going to feel disappointed for them too?

So sad. It's so sad. Oh no.

NateDog

But seriously,
they don't seem to be the same character. Like, at all. It's just their appearance. Which wouldn't be a bad thing to reuse.

Yeah I think it's suggesting Ace but the fact we just see the hair and eyes makes me think otherwise, plus the eyes make this character look slightly different. Then again it makes me think it might be some sort of spin-off like with Dirge of Cerberus since if it looks like a bizarrely different character. But who knows, I'm saying one thing and then the opposite. Can't make my mind up. :p

Foffy

Banned
Thread title is pretty clear. If you want to avoid any potential spoilers about Type-0, you avoid the thread. As for a surprise being ruined, that's silly too, considering it wouldn't be a surprise for very long regardless of people getting the game early or whatever's happened that's led to this. Maybe you'd get an extra day or two from when the official release hits, and someone uploads the video, and it's on all forms of social media. But what about those in other regions who aren't getting it as early? You're going to feel disappointed for them too?

Dayum. Maybe he knew about it, and wanted people to discover it all by themselves.

Does little good when one is on a forum such as this, where such discoveries become threads...

Was this not in the original PSP game?
Nope.

Yeah I think it's suggesting Ace but the fact we just see the hair and eyes makes me think otherwise, plus the eyes make this character look slightly different. Then again it makes me think it might be some sort of spin-off like with Dirge of Cerberus since if it looks like a bizarrely different character. But who knows, I'm saying one thing and then the opposite. Can't make my mind up. :p
Yeah, either way, I wouldn't want a direct sequel either. So let's hope my guess is closer to the truth than yours =P

And it's not like we'll see this anytime soon (I doubt we'll see this again before XV comes).

Well, the moment people started getting the game earlier, this was bound to happen.

Thread title could have been a bit more subtle though.

I figured as much but I thought people would be more subtle about it.

blame folks that get games early and have no qualms breaking street date. I'm not watching for obvious reasons.

Good for you. It's a much better payoff when you find it.

Thread title is pretty clear. If anyone wants to avoid any potential spoilers about Type-0, they can avoid the thread. As for what you're saying about a surprise being ruined, that's silly too, considering it wouldn't be a surprise for very long regardless of people getting the game early or whatever's happened that's led to this. Maybe you'd get an extra day or two from when the official release hits, and someone uploads the video, and it's on all forms of social media. But what about those in other regions who aren't getting it as early? You're going to feel disappointed for them too?

You must be fun at parties. :p

SougoXIII

The parallel to Ace is intentional so I'm guessing that it'll be another take on Type-0 with a different setting. I just hope they tone own the angst and melodrama for the next game and polish up the combat even more.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I wonder if it would be a handheld game or made for the ps4 straight from the get-go

PS4, that was one of the points of going for remaster with type 0, also, that's what the director wanted from the start. (Right after the release of the game on PSP, he said he wanted a sequel on console specifically)

TYPE 1 HYPE!

zennyzz

I wonder if it's Naora doing the character designs.

This doesn't look like Nomura at all.

Wasn't Naora always the type character designer?

I honestly can't remember if Nomura drew class zero's initial art or if he just did a tribute work.

I kinda want him as Creative Producer though (as he was for Type-0). The gameplay in Type-0 was pretty great, and an evolution of that would be amazing.

Probably not actually, if you think,
why would Ace even use a Katana when he fights with cards?

That job title would have literally nothing to do with the actual mechanics of the gameplay.

Wasn't Naora always the type character designer?

I honestly can't remember if Nomura drew class zero's initial art or if he just did a tribute work.
Nomura is credited as "main character designer" as far as I know.

Edit: yup, main title "Character Designs: Testuya Nomura"

Top Bottom