• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 secret movie leaks, contains a bunch of SPOILERS

LAA

Damn, Square Enix are seemingly off to a great start this gen already, Type 0, FFXV, KH3 and now this, all great stuff!

Now I'd just like to see them announce a TWEWY 2 and some vita games from them would be great.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Man that TYPE music is always just so fucking awesome with the trailer/teaser especially going into the credits like that movie style. TYPE franchise is one of my favorite FF's in atmosphere and tone

lonely

Wait so does this play after beating the game or new game plus? That could change the entire perspective of this scene.

Inuhanyou

Hmmm....i'm seriously curious whether or not that guy is ACE or someone who looks like ACE. Either way, just fucking give me it!

Wasn't this already spoiled in the weekly famitsu from this week. Pretty sure that it was confirmed that Tabata was working on Type-1 after Type-0 and the project had to put on hold once he started on FF XV. He obviously wants to go back to this project once he is done with FF XV so I won't be surprised to see him doing it.

Squire

Banned
Thread title is pretty clear. If anyone wants to avoid any potential spoilers about Type-0, they can avoid the thread. As for what you're saying about a surprise being ruined, that's silly too, considering it wouldn't be a surprise for very long regardless of people getting the game early or whatever's happened that's led to this. Maybe you'd get an extra day or two from when the official release hits, and someone uploads the video, and it's on all forms of social media. But what about those in other regions who aren't getting it as early? You're going to feel disappointed for them too?

So sad. It's so sad. Oh no.

It's even less SHOCKING NEWS than that, considering they said there was a secret movie (which SE only uses to tease sequels) weeks ago and of course the trademarks are old, old news on top of that even.

LuuKyK

That looks really interesting. I wonder if it will consist of an all new cast (aside form what looks like Ace in the trailer?) Then again I never finished Type-0 (can't wait to finally do it soon though) so I dont know if the characters survive or not. Good to see that the series will continue anyway, and I expect them to be on the consoles from now on.

Inuhanyou

Well it wasn't really "teasing" it was just a comment that the more recent FF games have been more based toward westernized fantasy or scifi, and they want like to try an FF in a more traditional Japanese setting one day. This really seems to be it based on what i see here.

ME LIKEY

I liked the music. But isn't that the main guy from 0. So he's dead?

We do not know if it is ACE or someone who looks like ACE

wmlk

Well it wasn't really "teasing" it was just a comment that the more recent FF games have been more based toward westernized fantasy or scifi, and they want like to try an FF in a more traditional Japanese setting one day. This really seems to be it based on what i see here.

ME LIKEY

We do not know if it is ACE or someone who looks like ACE

No. They literally showed off art for a Japanese FF for the series' 25th anniversary event's live audience. However, it was not shown to the livestream audience.

Quoting ducky:

I don't know what other thread to post this in, but Tabata definitely showed something at the Square Enix-chan panel yesterday which hints at some of the work they're doing internally right now. It was the part of the panel which they cut out during the stream, and no photography was allowed in the segment.

The question asked was what a more Japanese style Final Fantasy would be like, and Tabata proceeded to show some of the art design ideas they had for such a concept. He showed various artwork by famous S-E artists like Naora and Kamikokuryo and some others, mostly done in more classical Japanese art styles, like Okami and so on. The artwork showed off various things like characters (there's a girl with white hair and a guy with red hair), some environments like a town/city, and also some battle scenes.

Apparently the battle scene had what looked like a robot in it as well. The artwork were not indicative of an actual game in development, but they appear to be actual brainstorming work done internally, and not just something done for laughs like the other announcements, this is probably why they didn't want the stuff recorded and put online.

Tabata also said that if they can solidify a proper game plan and put it into production, he would like to work on a FF game with an ayakashi sort of taste - Japanese supernatural mythology. It shouldn't be surprising though, since the big FF game Tabata last worked on was Type-0 which is packed with eastern historical taste, so that's definitely a sign of his preference given freedom to do what he wants.

Atlas157

Got some strong Onimusha feelings watching this.

I love it.

image.php

Alec

What if they continued to use all the same characters, just in different timelines and dimensions (like Zelda)? For the Type games that is.

And what if they, unlike Zelda, have a plan to coherently link them all together from the start?

Inuhanyou

No. They literally showed off art for a Japanese FF for the series' 25th anniversary event's live audience. However, it was not shown to the livestream audience.

Quoting ducky:

Wooooooooooow. Completely forgot about that, but i do remember hearing that he actually had in progress designs now that i think about it.

Yep, this is definitely his version of Type 1. Can't wait.

So, alternate universe Sengoku Ace? Hmmmmm

duckroll

I'm sure Tabata and Naora are itching to return to the period warfare setting of Type-0 to make more games, but it's likely going to have to wait until FFXV is wrapped up. On the other hand, maybe they can pass their pre-production designs and scenario concepts on to Omega Force for a Final Fantasy Agito Musou or whatever. I sure wouldn't mind that! :)

wmlk

This did nothing for me, though. Cue bishōnen guy being cool with fire around him, who looks startlingly close to bishōnen character from past game.

The idea of a Japanese-inspired FF excites me, but I wish the art style was reminiscent of ukiyo-e at least to some extent.

This did nothing for me, though. Cue bishōnen guy being cool with fire around him, who looks startlingly close to bishōnen character from past game.

The idea of a Japanese-inspired FF excites me, but I wish the art style was reminiscent of ukiyo-e at least to some extent.
That IS the same character. Same voice actor, same line.

GOD this trailer hits all the right spots for me aughgghghg

duckroll

I agree. But like I said, this teaser reminded me more of a Musou game or like someone else mentioned earlier - Onimusha. Too much emphasis on a single "cool" warrior character with elaborate armor. Maybe that's really what it is?!

I agree. But like I said, this teaser reminded me more of a Musou game or like someone else mentioned earlier - Onimusha. Too much emphasis on a single "cool" warrior character with elaborate armor. Maybe that's really what it is?!

Yeah I'm thinking Dirge of Cerberus style spin-off

This looks like a million times more interesting than XV.

Give me this.

A million times? Dude sitting in a chair, gets up and does some sword stuff. That is pretty much exactly how XV got started too.

wmlk

That IS the same character. Same voice actor, same line.

GOD this trailer hits all the right spots for me aughgghghg

All of this deflates hype for me already. :)
:(

Yeah I'm thinking Dirge of Cerberus style spin-off

A million times? Dude sitting in a chair, gets up and does some sword stuff. That is pretty much exactly how XV got started too.

Kinda. Versus XIII had much more, though. We had a got idea of the combat of the game, the enemy types, the themes, and what makes the character unique. I don't see much else here other than the flaming hands.

Something like FF: Warriors is inevitable. I wouldn't mind this!

What if they continued to use all the same characters, just in different timelines and dimensions (like Zelda)? For the Type games that is.

And what if they, unlike Zelda, have a plan to coherently link them all together from the start?

I recall Tabata saying that the Type-series will be independent from each other like the main series, and while Type-0 is a very serious and dark story, future installments in the Type-series will likely dabble in different tones, some even might be more whimsical/light-hearted. Both Type-0 and FFXV are considered "serious/dark" stories, and he doesn't want to be solely stuck making games with just one major tone(he said a future Type-game could very well be considered "family friendly").

Mista Koo

I watched this alongside a making off in a Visual Works presentation 2 days ago, they told us to be hush about it but I had no idea what it was in the first place xD

Go_Ly_Dow

If this game is intended for consoles, has new assets and doesn't adopt the same graphical style as Type-0 then I don't expect it for at least 2 years from now.

Inuhanyou

You can't disassociate anime with Japanese RPG's most of the time. The sprite based games were just not advanced enough to show that, but you still saw it in things like Phantasy star

Kinda. Versus XIII had much more, though. We had a got idea of the combat of the game, the enemy types, the themes, and what makes the character unique. I don't see much else here other than the flaming hands.

Versus 13 only had notcis in the chair with nothing else in 2005/6. We had to wait till 2008 before the action trailer with all the soldiers. You must be not remembering.

wmlk

You can't disassociate anime with Japanese RPG's most of the time. The sprite based games were just not advanced enough to show that, but you still saw it in things like Phantasy star

Versus 13 only had notcis in the chair with nothing else in 2005/6. We had to wait till 2008 before the action trailer with all the soldiers. You must be not remembering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuWmF0uBgqQ

This was the E3 2006 trailer. There's a lot more than what you just mentioned.

For those wondering if this spoils the game... it kinda does and it kinda doesn't

Full details on the story of type-0, including endings, don't say I didn't warn you

There's a time loop in the game, there are 2 endings the player can get on the first walkthrough, in one Class-0 becomes L'Cie and dies in an endless battle, giving the player a game over state, in the other the final boss is defeated but most of Class-0 dies because of injuries

The teaser seems to begin with the second ending I mentioned but there's a problem:

The third ending. This ending can only be obtained on the New Game+ because it involves a new time loop and some missions can only be done in this walkthrough, this ending is very similar to the XIII-3 real ending where the world is changed and it becomes our world and you can see Class-0 as normal students in a normal world

So the Type-1 teaser either involves an alternate continuity or the guy is only similar to Ace

MattyG

Banned
Ahhhh, I want to watch it but I don't want to spoil myself. I'm tempted to pick it up Tuesday because it looks really good, but I doubt I'll be able to finish it before BB releases. Hmmmm, descisions descisions.

Top Bottom