• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 secret movie leaks, contains a bunch of SPOILERS

Jawmuncher

Where are the spoilers in the video? I've watched it and I don't see any.
Thought this was a whole different setting from the actual game.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
There aren't any. I suspect Type series will basically go the Tales of route. Tabata said something to that effect in a interview before. Same general story but a different world it takes place in. Since it's Samurai-ish I can hope for more GILGAMESH.

Thoraxes

A million times? Dude sitting in a chair, gets up and does some sword stuff. That is pretty much exactly how XV got started too.
No, that's how versus got started. And yes, it looks much more interesting. The aesthetic alone is significantly more appealing to me.

KoopaTheCasual

How has a feudal FF never happened before?

And I love how the Type series is basically going to be darker and more experimental FF concepts.

Where are the spoilers in the video? I've watched it and I don't see any.
Thought this was a whole different setting from the actual game.
Well, it's technically spoiling the thing you unlock at the end of the game =X

I don't quite understand either. There is no spoiler for Type-0 proper in there.

It's like spoiling a KH secret ending.

How has a feudal FF never happened before?

And I love how the Type series is basically going to be darker and more experimental FF concepts.
Tabata said not necessarily darker, but it would be more experimental.

Replicant

Didn't read the SPOILER in the title but then I saw the title of the video and immediately bailed out. Haven't played Type-0 at all.

Came in expecting the alternative ending that was already present in the original PSP game that unlocks on the 2nd playthrough.

Pleasantly surprised that it was an entirely new scene.

So basically...
Ace becomes Kurasame, who acts as the teacher of Class Zero and dies in the game giving mana for the summoning of Alexander.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Again, Tabata said he wanted the series on console from the beginning, he didnt even really want T0 on PSP, but obviously an unproven franchise like that isn't going to work first try on console. I don't think they are actually aiming for a handheld release for this new game, i know it sucks for the people who wanted it on vita...

I hope Tabata is pulling our legs about it not being a game currently in development and we get a proper reveal right after XV comes out.

That quote was from a decent while back, i think atleast like 2 years or so. If they werent working on it then, they are now i'm pretty sure.

This week's Famitsu had an interview with Tabata about this video actually, and its origins.

http://dokidokikusoge.moe/post/113498353796/hajime-tabata-and-his-team-were-working-on-a-new

Before they got moved to XV and just after Type-0 had hit store shelves, Tabata and his team began pre-production on a new game they were super excited to develop. It got shelved when they got assigned to XV development.

Tabata: Actually, right after Type-0 was originally released on PSP, we started pre-production on a new game. A little while later however, we ended up getting moved on to Final Fantasy XV, so we were unable to continue working on that project. The special movie is based on the images and ideas we had developed for that game. It isn’t just me who wants to make that game either; the Type-0 team does as well. So for us, we haven’t given up hoping for a chance to make that game someday. We wanted to relay the image from that pre-production phase to the users.

Full transparency: I translated the above question and answer bit from the magazine this past week.

So, this movie is essentially for nothing at the end of the day, if I'm reading that right?

Well, it's based on the game we KNOW they were going to make before SE flipped the reset switch on XV.

I think it's reasonable to think that it's a game we will probably still see after XV gets wrapped up.

Inuhanyou

Not according to the post below you.

True, but now atleast we know that they are still aiming to come back to it when they have the chance :D

As said, T0's end wraps up loose ends like a mofo, that's how it had to be really, considering the goings on in the game. But this is more of a
'the dream still continues" sort of thing for Ace, his story continues

So even though it was something Tabata wanted to do, its not really sequel bait like FF13-2's DLC garbage ending, or something just tacked on like FF13'2 after FF13's closed ending(or FFX-2 to FFX)

For those wondering if this spoils the game... it kinda does and it kinda doesn't

Full details on the story of type-0, including endings, don't say I didn't warn you

There's a time loop in the game, there are 2 endings the player can get on the first walkthrough, in one Class-0 becomes L'Cie and dies in an endless battle, giving the player a game over state, in the other the final boss is defeated but most of Class-0 dies because of injuries

The teaser seems to begin with the second ending I mentioned but there's a problem:

The third ending. This ending can only be obtained on the New Game+ because it involves a new time loop and some missions can only be done in this walkthrough, this ending is very similar to the XIII-3 real ending where the world is changed and it becomes our world and you can see Class-0 as normal students in a normal world

So the Type-1 teaser either involves an alternate continuity or the guy is only similar to Ace
I'm totally confused, so just to clarify:
to get this video ending, I need to play the game twice? I wasn't watching it because I wanted to see it when I get myself, but if it takes a NG+, maybe I'll just watch it

Inuhanyou

to get this video ending, I need to play the game twice? I wasn't watching it because I wanted to see it when I get myself, but if it takes a NG+, maybe I'll just watch it

Correct, this is most likely a Drakengard scenario, where
Drakengard 2 follows from ending A and Nier follows from ending D, Type 1 most likely goes from ending 2 if it is connected to T0 in that manner. Ace was all set up for it

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Thread title is pretty clear. If anyone wants to avoid any potential spoilers about Type-0, they can avoid the thread. As for what you're saying about a surprise being ruined, that's silly too, considering it wouldn't be a surprise for very long regardless of people getting the game early or whatever's happened that's led to this. Maybe you'd get an extra day or two from when the official release hits, and someone uploads the video, and it's on all forms of social media. But what about those in other regions who aren't getting it as early? You're going to feel disappointed for them too?

So sad. It's so sad. Oh no.

Yeah. SE basically had two screenshots from this CGI (Face of character and full body shot of said character after
he transforms
. They even said outright that the new screenshots are from a new CGI movie lol.

Anyway I don't think the movie spoils anything about Type-0. Doesn't seem to be who we think he looks like, just a lookalike. Aesthetic-wise, it kind of looks different from what is in the game anyway

Correct, this is most likely a Drakengard scenario, where
Drakengard 2 follows from ending A and Nier follows from ending D, Type 1 most likely goes from ending 2 if it is connected to T0 in that manner. Ace was all set up for it
Gotcha, that makes sense. Well given that it'll be a while for T1 to come out, I guess I'll have enough time to get a
NG+ playthrough and see this ending for myself. I'll still hold of. Rarely can I exercise self-control over this stuff.

The requirements to unlock the ending in this topic are still unknown because this is a new one that wasn't in the PSP release.

Type 0's first playthrough has the selection of two types of endings, which you simply get to choose when the game prompts you to select.

On the 2nd playthrough, assuming you did certain sidequests, you can unlock an alternative third ending.

Mortemis

Banned
I still haven't played type-0, but I think right now I'm more warm to the idea of a Type-1 than a XV-2. Not sure how SE's teams are structured and can do both this and XV-2, or if they just do one of them.

Since I'm reading here that Type-0's team is doing XV, they would probably do a XV-2 if that happens right?

Inuhanyou

Gotcha, that makes sense. Well given that it'll be a while for T1 to come out, I guess I'll have enough time to get a
NG+ playthrough and see this ending for myself. I'll still hold of. Rarely can I exercise self-control over this stuff.

Again though, this fully depends on whether or not Type 0 and T1 are fully connected universe wise and we're not just seeing an alternate universe Ace in a different setting.

We are just speculating for now with limited info, but i think its something that is a likely scenario.

So, this movie is essentially for nothing at the end of the day, if I'm reading that right?
It's more likely than something like BBS2 at this point.

If reception to Type-0 is decent, I think we could easily see this game being made.

The canon ending in the game is very conclusive. What this new video says is that this might not be the case.
Again,
this video is absolutely nothing like Type-0, none of the endings implies anything like this video and the game has nothing that even resembles the stuff we see.

Saying this game will have any more connection to Type-0 beside Ace's face is nothing but speculation. The game world doesn't even have anything remotely resembling the style of architecture and armor we see in this video. Everything is new except for Ace's face.

This is basically watching KH2's secret ending and asking why Roxas gets frozen.

Qvoth

holy fucking shit that looks amazing
ancient japanese final fantasy sounds so fucking awesome
just to be clear though (since i never really played type-0, only touched it for few hours, then youtubed the ending) did any of the 4 countries in the game have that kind of japanese inspired style?

holy fucking shit that looks amazing
ancient japanese final fantasy sounds so fucking awesome
just to be clear though (since i never really played type-0, only touched it for few hours, then youtubed the ending) did any of the 4 countries in the game have that kind of japanese inspired style?

I'll try to write it in a way that I don't have to spoiler tag.

Nothing in that video even remotely resembles Type-0 beyond the character's face. No part of the game's world has anything resembling the architecture and armor designs seen here.

Saying this is tied to Type-0 in anything more than the character's face is purely speculation, because absolutely nothing else resembles Type-0.

And lastly, no, the beginning of this video is not the ending to Type-0 nor does it spoil the ending in any way.

It's more likely than something like BBS2 at this point.

If reception to Type-0 is decent, I think we could easily see this game being made.

Again,
this video is absolutely nothing like Type-0, none of the endings implies anything like this video and the game has nothing that even resembles the stuff we see.

Saying this game will have any more connection to Type-0 beside Ace's face is nothing but speculation. The game world doesn't even have anything remotely resembling the style of architecture and armor we see in this video. Everything is new except for Ace's face.

This is basically watching KH2's secret ending and asking why Roxas gets frozen.

The armor is actually somewhat similar to
Kurasame's armor.
. Plus the game already has Eastern style of fighting with Jack being a straight Katana user. The Fire Phoenix implies connection to Suzaku as well.

Inuhanyou

isnt what your doing speculating as well threelights? I don't like this example, but you could say the exact same about XIII-2 with Lighting wearing different armor, completely different setting with literally nothing tying the two together on first glance in the first trailer.

Of course we know based on Type plot happenings that crazy shit goes down, these things should not be ruled out either way.

As trianglemasher says, its not completely unrelated unlike what your suggesting.

MegaPanda

If anything, I just think this means they'll try and link the Type games using this "Ace" character every time. Nothing there looks like Type 0 and it could be a different (maybe earlier) time or even different world.

Anyway on to the important question: is there a link to the music anywhere?

Qvoth

Kurasame's armor.
. Plus the game already has Eastern style of fighting with Jack being a straight Katana user. The Fire Phoenix implies connection to Suzaku as well.

yeah the mask made me think of kurasame
and the phoenix definitely implies suzaku, those were my thoughts as well

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
This week's Famitsu had an interview with Tabata about this video actually, and its origins.

http://dokidokikusoge.moe/post/113498353796/hajime-tabata-and-his-team-were-working-on-a-new

Before they got moved to XV and just after Type-0 had hit store shelves, Tabata and his team began pre-production on a new game they were super excited to develop. It got shelved when they got assigned to XV development.

Full transparency: I translated the above question and answer bit from the magazine this past week.

I hope they get to make a sequel or whatever they want to make.

They need something to attach the XV-2/XVI demo to right? :p

Illucio

Banned
So... What I'm getting out of this:

- This is Type-1
- Definitely for PS4 and XB1 (Graphics, and the fact the games are now moved to consoles demonstrate that fact.)
- The ending is probably detailing a different universe, thus that person who looks like Ace is most likely not Ace but some other character, ancestor, bloodline relative/offspring, or an alternate dimension Ace.
- The game won't be touched on until XV is done. The developers want to make the game, and were planning on making it until they were moved to work on XV.
- The game's trademarks have been made just in case, the future of the series depends on well the game sells. (Which I'm expecting very well because of the FFXV demo and demand for a new game in the Final Fantasy series that's not Lightning.)

So Final Fantasy XV has priority above all else. But Square is still determining what they should do with Final Fantasy after XV.

I just hope Type-One is made, but only if Square Enix focus on making Final Fantasy 16 as well. (And that Final Fantasy 16 will star Agni from their Luminous Trailer, I still love everything about that world and the character design. Magic looks limited, powerful, and realistic. While the whole world is a even more realistic version of Final Fantasy XV, but with the thick fantasy clearly everywhere. Sort of like The Hobbit, thick fantasy made real and is believable.)

Inuhanyou

I was hoping that it would be a Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer

sigh

A KH3 trailer after Type 0? I know KH has had some badass secret endings in the past, but that's definitely not happening. Disney would not have Type 0 within 100 miles of their E for everyone franchise

wmlk

It'a a bit annoying to see the Final Fantasy name attached to something so very different from the rest of the series. It's like they're moving away from convention but still have to keep the token tropes from FF.

Kurasame's armor.

Kurasame's armor is not even that different from the rest of the group, the only similarity here is that Kurasame wears a mask. It looks nothing like the armor from the trailer.

The "Fire Phoenix" doesn't even look like a Fenix to begin with, and there's most definitely nothing like that kind of architecture or armor in Suzaku.

The closest you have to that look in Type-0 is
Genbu, and that's just because they're the only ones wearing heavy armor.

Also, if you're using an example of a Katana, then it makes even less sense, because
Ace never uses a sword

The closest connection you can make here is
what Tiz and Joker talk about, where this is another world with people that may or may not be fit to become Agito. And that would then imply that this game is completely separate from any event of Type-0, and at this point, that statement is so vague that the possibility of this being the case is not any higher than this being a completely new game.

And then you add the fact that Tabata said if a Type-1 was to ever happen, it would be like the mainline series, where each game is completely disconnected from its predecessors, and the possibility of this being tied to Type-0 is even smaller.

Inuhanyou

It'a a bit annoying to see the Final Fantasy name attached to something so very different from the rest of the series. It's like they're moving away from convention but still have to keep the token tropes from FF.

Your speaking about a majority of the FF's though. People said the same after 7, and again after ten two, and again after 11, and again after 12, and then again after 13 and also now after 15.

Being a spinoff from the outset and not even a numbered title should have clued anyone in that it was going to be different, that's why they can experiment without adhering to a lot of the FF baggage. That's what Versus was supposed to be like too, but then...;_;

*Sigh* Once again, the vocal minority have to ruin it for everyone else. Final Fantasy is ever changing, every iteration aims to be something wholly original while keeping the essence of the series. I also don't understand why you're so against the stylistic changes for this series considering its a SPINOFF...

wmlk

Your speaking about a majority of the FF's though. People said the same after 7, and again after ten two, and again after 11, and again after 12, and then again after 13 and also now after 15.

Being a spinoff from the outset and not even a numbered title should have clued anyone in that it was going to be different, that's why they can experiment without adhering to a lot of the FF baggage. That's what Versus was supposed to be like too, but then...;_;

Well, my thing is more so that these games were conceived to be too different from a mainline game, but they're still under the Final Fantasy names. Some of them just feel like they should be new IPs but the usual FF baggage is kept. With that you get weird naming conventions.

I don't hold this against mainline FFs even if they are different. Most of the mainline games were conceived to be mainline games and were designed with that idea in mind.

The only spinoff game where I felt that the FF name was totally appropriate was Tactics, and that was because the tropes were important in actually defining the gameplay mechanics.

*Sigh* Once again, the vocal minority have to ruin it for everyone else. Final Fantasy is ever changing, every iteration aims to be something wholly original while keeping the essence of the series. I also don't understand why you're so against the stylistic changes for this series considering its a SPINOFF...

Please don't cry.

Inuhanyou

Well, my thing is more so that these games were conceived to be too different from a mainline game, but they're still under the Final Fantasy names. Some of them just feel like they should be new IPs but the usual FF baggage is kept. With that you get extremely stupid naming conventions.

I don't hold this against mainline FFs even if they are different. Most of the mainline games were conceived to be mainline games and were designed with that idea in mind.

The only spinoff game where I felt that the FF name was totally appropriate was Tactics, and that was because the tropes were important in actually defining the gameplay mechanics.

Its just something everyone has to get over eventually. I did and i'm a better person for it ;_;

There are spinoff titles, there are numbered games, and not all of them(or even a majority of them) are gonna adhere to the same standards. That's the reality.

Top Bottom