• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
M°°nblade said:
Are you comfortable with your healing? They say Light is a poor MED.
Nope, too much of a pain doing the healing yourself. That's why I put Hope back in the party; he's a great MED. I have a crapload of CP to spend for Vanille though and I heard she's also a great MED; dunno if I should try experimenting with her instead.

Edit: I'm sticking with Lightning, Sazh, and Hope. I roll with COM/SYN/SYN until the party is buffed, then I switch to RAV/RAV/RAV for the stagger metter, then COM/COM/RAV. I use COM/SYN/MED when I'm low on health.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
BigJonsson said:
WTF @ Mission 27

Mithridates

Dude keeps one shotting Fang =/

This mission is better to do post-game.

If you are in chapter 11, skip this one, but go with the elevator to 7th floor to get the Collector Catalogue.
And continue to
the village

Gromph

Staff Member
Vect said:
Fuck. I've upgraded everything but still haven't got my Treasure Hunter Trophy, what am I missing?! So frustrating. :mad:

Did you do the 64 missions, and upgrade the 6 weapons to Ultima?

Also you need to visit the little robot in Oerba to get the Archivement.

Ristlager

Is there any use of upgrading sprint shoes to star level? Or for any other accessory that has just one level before it is a star level?

Gromph

Staff Member
Ristlager said:
Is there any use of upgrading sprint shoes to star level? Or for any other accessory that has just one level before it is a star level?

No, there is no use. And yes just 1 level to star

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
burgerdog said:
About fucking time, PLATINUM GET!

92 hours.
Congratulations sir!!!!
Nutter said:
Do you always get a Doctor's Code as a reward for Mission 41?

I need a couple of those. :p
No, only one time :)

There are only 3 Doctor's Code in the whole game. They're not exactly very useful but you can Deconstruct them for Elixirs, another item of which there are only a few in the whole game.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Elixirs aren't worth using in this since they're so damn rare (why'd they make'em like this anyway?). :lol at the thought of Mega Elixirs. But then again, summons are there. Kinda works like Mega Elixirs.

Rpgmonkey

Yoshichan said:
Elixirs aren't worth using in this since they're so damn rare (why'd they make'em like this anyway?). :lol at the thought of Mega Elixirs. But then again, summons are there. Kinda works like Mega Elixirs.

Hey now, they're great if you have no intention of fighting the Long Gui more than once and just want to finish it off quick for the Trophy/Achievement.

Wasn't gonna waste 4-8 minutes for this thing. Took the cheap route. :lol

Elixirs in XIII are pretty much the same thing as a Megalixir though.

Yoshichan

Rpgmonkey said:
Hey now, they're great if you have no intention of fighting the Long Gui more than once and just want to finish it off quick for the Trophy/Achievement.
Yeah but they're still rare as heck and when you use one, they're gone! O_O (then again, I'm an elitist collector and it's just something mentally I have in video games :lol
Rpgmonkey said:
Elixirs in XIII are pretty much the same thing as a Megalixir though.
Oh they work like potions then? That's a good thing.

Styles

I can't think of anything for the life of me which accessories I'm missing, I've upgraded all of their weapons to second tier including one which I leveled up to 3rd tier. Think I'm gonna stop for the night, so tiring.

Yoshichan

Vect said:
I can't think of anything for the life of me which accessories I'm missing, I've upgraded all of their weapons to second tier including one which I leveled up to 3rd tier. Think I'm gonna stop for the night, so tiring.
This happened to me too.
Did you speak to the robot in Oerba? That got me the trophy :D

Yoshichan

Vect said:
I think I'm missing a Wind Charm. Will check tomorrow.
Fair enough, which list are you following?

onken

Vect said:

Some of the elemental rings are only found in tier-2 form. You need to get the tier-1s as well so max-out all your tier-3s then break them down to get the tier-1s, just to make sure.

The inability to do anything to control the A.I. is just about the stupidest thing ever. I mean, I'm not asking for a full Gambit system here, I'd just like to be able to set basic priorities or turn certain skills off!

Computer controlled Synergists are just the fucking worst.

Yoshichan

I'm extremely happy that they cast haste as first priority though. That's the only positive thing with CPU SYN.

Yazus

Ahhh, beaten the Cp11 boss and breezed trough Cp12 very fast. Its not Cp13 time, I think I'm gonna finish the game and then do missions like a crazy bitch... (360 version here)...
Not aiming for 1000/1000 but at least getting more than 800 :D

A fast question, is this party OK for the last battles?

Lightning COM/RAV/MED all lvl4
Hope RAV/MED/SYN all lvl4 (Got Haste)
Fang COM/DEF/SAB all lv4 (Got Stopga)

I don't know.... I don't really like the idea of coming BACK to Gran Pulse after beating the game. I mean, at least they way they did it. If you beat the last boss, and then somehow the ending story let it make sense why you were going back to GP that would be different. But from what I hear it's more like
beat the game, then you go back to RIGHT BEFORE the last boss where you can transport back to GP to do missions and stuff
. If that's right, I think it was a retarded way to handle things.

lljride

burgerdog said:
About fucking time, PLATINUM GET!

92 hours.

Congrats dude!

Hopefully I'll be right behind you in the next day or so. Finally got all my dark matters last night, still need to grind about 1.5 million gil for all weapons/accessories (experimented with selling everything, still short). That and 5 stars on mission 47, 51, 62, 64 and the final boss and I'm done.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Yazus said:

Yep, that's the ideal party for every fight in chapter 11 onwards. Be aware that Fang won't use Stopga by herself since it's a technique.

pix

So last night I killed about 25 Adamantoise in Eden. I got 0 Traps but soo many ingots. At least 15-18. They almost dropped every kill. Its so awesome when you can kill adamantoise without using death. 1 min 48 sec kills are nice.

Yazus said:
Ahhh, beaten the Cp11 boss and breezed trough Cp12 very fast. Its not Cp13 time, I think I'm gonna finish the game and then do missions like a crazy bitch... (360 version here)...
Not aiming for 1000/1000 but at least getting more than 800 :D

I'm in the same boat as you (at the end of chapter 13) and have been using the same party for the last few chapters. The last boss is pretty rough though. Up until now, I hadn't been upgrading any weapons, but I think I might have to go back and do that before I attempt to take him on again.

Gromph

Staff Member
RedNumberFive said:
I'm in the same boat as you (at the end of chapter 13) and have been using the same party for the last few chapters. The last boss is pretty rough though. Up until now, I hadn't been upgrading any weapons, but I think I might have to go back and do that before I attempt to take him on again.

You can farm CP in the best place pre-post game there.

Diablos

dramatis said:
Who are you using? You can beat him in various ways, but I recommend a tank and debuffing. That boss battle was more of an endurance battle than anything really challenging.
I'm using Lightning, Fang and Sazh.

pix

I found the last boss's easier than chapter 11/12 bosses. Also got the achievement for 5 Starring the last boss on the first try.

Gromph said:
You can farm CP in the best place pre-post game there.

All of the main roles are currently maxed out, but I'm still having some issues. I was probably just tired last night while attempting to finish it. Thanks for the heads up though.

Cornbread78

If you forget to collect all the monster data from the first two chapters, do they appear later in the game, or do you have to play through a NG+ to get it?

Gromph

Staff Member
RedNumberFive said:
All of the main roles are currently maxed out, but I'm still having some issues. I was probably just tired last night while attempting to finish it. Thanks for the heads up though.

For the first form is easy, just when he do the special, switch to med/med/med and heal your self, as i remeber i beat it with Aggression/Delta attack/Mystic Tower/ and salvation.

Gromph said:
For the first form is easy, just when he do the special, switch to med/med/med and heal your self, as i remeber i beat it with Aggression/Delta attack/Mystic Tower/ and salvation.

Excellent! Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a try this afternoon.

RpgN

Just killed an adamantortoise (?) (second form) for the first time, finally! It didn't drop anything but I'm glad I killed one at least. It did help to give Hope an earth charm that's fully upgraded and to have Fang and Snow over 20k of HP :D No cheap tricks! After 100 hours of playtime...can't believe some have a platinium on the game after 92 hours 0_0 I'm not really grinding with instructions and hunting for certain materials though, just taking my time and kill whoever I feel like killing :p Oh and I killed the mighty Cactuar for the first time today as well, he was more annoying than an adamantortoise! Even while having a pain and fog charm and strength resistance. He's just so fast, a defender was needed the whole time.

Exhumed

RpgN said:
Oh and I killed the mighty Cactuar for the first time today as well, he was more annoying than an adamantortoise! Even while having a pain and fog charm and strength resistance. He's just so fast, a defender was needed the whole time.

I decided i had to take that guy out on the first encounter. I did notice if you attack him right away he doesn't fully buff up and use 1000 needles, which causes pain/fog. Instead he just melee attacks really fast, no status effects! Id have a sentinel the whole time with some upgraded Black Belts to soak up the damage. Protect and 44% phys reduction and Fang was taking 125/hit. Thats how I did it anyhow. An easy 10k CP :D

Edit: Gigantaur on the other hand... F that.. lvl 4 chrysarium just doesnt cut it :lol

RpgN

Exhumed said:
I decided i had to take that guy out on the first encounter. I did notice if you attack him right away he doesn't fully buff up and use 1000 needles, which causes pain/fog. Instead he just melee attacks really fast, no status effects! Id have a sentinel the whole time with some upgraded Black Belts to soak up the damage. Protect and 44% phys reduction and Fang was taking 125/hit. Thats how I did it anyhow. An easy 10k CP :D

Edit: Gigantaur on the other hand... F that.. lvl 4 chrysarium just doesnt cut it :lol

You got me confused there, I think I fought the Gigantuar from mission 54, right? It has something like 1111111 HP. The one I fought definitely hits me with 10k and always gives you pain and fog if you don't prepare yourself with the necessary equipment. It's weird that this game doesn't call those monsters cactuar anymore, what gives?

Gromph said:
This mission is better to do post-game.

If you are in chapter 11, skip this one, but go with the elevator to 7th floor to get the Collector Catalogue.
And continue to
the village
I was able to pull off a 5-star with some effort in Chapter 11 with a team of Lightning, Vanille and Sazh. Fully upgraded some anti-Lightning rings to Raijin status. Maxed out Ribbons. Loaded up on 2nd tier magic-boosting weapons and Sorcerer's Marks. Buffed out with Fortisol and Aegisol shrouds. Had full Stage 8 crystariums unlocked for all 3 characters. Kept Barthunder buffed via Sazh throughout and wailed on him switching between RAV-RAV-MED and RAV-RAV-RAV (depending on health).

RpgN said:
You got me confused there, I think I fought the Gigantuar from mission 54, right? It has something like 1111111 HP. The one I fought definitely hits me with 10k and always gives you pain and fog if you don't prepare yourself with the necessary equipment. It's weird that this game doesn't call those monsters cactuar anymore, what gives?

Huh..? It does. The small ones are Cactuar, and the ENORMOUS one is Gigantuar.

Cynar

RpgN said:

cactuar are the smaller ones

Zoe

Cornbread78 said:
If you forget to collect all the monster data from the first two chapters, do they appear later in the game, or do you have to play through a NG+ to get it?

There's no NG+.

You don't need it for the trophy, if that's what you're worried about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom