• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc Evils

If I get my game in the post, I'm hopefully going to HMV on Tuesday to get it signed by Kitase and co.

Anyone else going?

mjemirzian said:
For the first half of the game, using the roles that you’ve been given to obliterate anything that comes your way requires less strategy than beating a toddler at Connect Four."

I can tell you this quote has no basis in the game. I have no idea how he was playing the game, maybe avoiding 50% of monsters, because the battles are probably one of the most demanding in Final Fantasy games. Yes, it requires quite the amount of strategy.

As for "For much of the time, you’re just watching the game play itself." - this ends at
6 hour
mark. Also, the battle system clearly points towards auto-filling commands and concentrating only on Paradigms, something that was only noticed by the review done by RPG Site. Trust me, you will have enought to do just with them.

2San said:
Ok thank you, I'm so glad I have you. It's obvious you played every game that is released and that aren't released. Just wondering what do you think of Cheer We Go! Oh infinite source of knowledge, thank you for taking time to talk to peasant like me.

The tag you have is obviously a joke, since you have incredible taste.
Oh my god shut the fuck up. You list a bunch of games thinking they are solid options instead of FFXIII. Expect others not to agree.

And no I haven't played every game on the list past their demo or previos game, doubt you have either. I didn't claim to be some expert.

Thanks though, I do have great taste.

Kratos does suck though. He's genric angry man that's a man childs idea of badass. He's the anti hero for stupid people. That is that he actually isn't at all.

Wazzim

Banned
Rahxephon91 said:
Oh my god shut the fuck up. You list a bunch of games thinking they are solid options instead of FFXIII. Expect others not to agree.

And no I haven't played every game on the list past their demo or previos game, doubt you have either. I didn't claim to be some expert.

Kratos does suck though. He's genric angry man that's a man childs idea of badass. He's the anti hero for stupid people. That is that he actually isn't at all.
You are asking to be flamed by sony fans...

I like the GoW games but yes, Kratos is a bland character made just for the "HURR HURR KILL KILL KILL!!!" fans lol
He's just freaking badass but hasn't got something interesting besides being meanie ;D

defel

I have always found Final Fantasy games, and japanese rpgs in general, to be incredibly infuriating, often perverse but I love them because theres some underlying charm to each of them that means I cant put them down. Looking back at FFX there are so many backward game mechanics in that game that I cant understand why I loved it as much as I did. As long as XIII has that underlying hook, Ill play it and Ill love it.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Rahxephon91 said:

yeah man, adults love them sexually confused and depressed badasses

fuck you kratos, move out da way. i got zippers to install

EvaPlusMinus said:
yeah man, adults love them sexually confused and depressed badasses

fuck you kratos, move out da way. i got zippers to install
Appranly they do as MGS4 Raiden is liked. Regardless, you give Kratos to much credit by using more then one charaterstic to describe him. He's not that deep.

And lol at adults. As if GoWs auidance is made up of mostly adults, be it physicaly or mentaly.

And yes I rather take zippers over bare chest angry dude.

LowParry

Do people even know who Kratos is? Honestly? :lol

I bet most of these people who cry out about him being some rage induced man hasn't even played the game. The man's got issues, but a passionate fury. Rage bitches! Kratos is a better character than most FF leads ffs.

2San

Rahxephon91 said:

:lol :lol :lol :lol
What is there to disagree to though? I never made any bold statements. All I was criticizing was that just because it's a Final Fantasy doesn't warrant a must buy as there are other games that make interesting options.

Then you felt the need to make flamebait posts and you expect me not to reply? :lol

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Don't mind me, I'm just here to enjoy some video games. I'll leave you folks be and read this review.

CcrooK said:

I bet most of these people who cry out about him being some rage induced man hasn't even played the game. The man's got issues, but a passionate fury. Rage bitches! Kratos is a better character than most FF leads ffs.
The better question is did you play them.

GoW1 is him being angry because he killed his family out of rage. He then is angry and wants revenge because he was an angry solider of Ares.

GoW2 is him being angry because the gods used and abused him and stoped his world rage tour.

Yeah he sounds loveable. Maybe gamers like him because he's doing things they can't. Sex and killing

Wazzim

Banned
CcrooK said:

Now that's just BS, and besides they aren't even characters for games in the same genre, infact they aren't even made for the same kind of gamers.

BTW Passionate fury? All he does is asking for Zeus to kill him and create chaos lol and yes, I played all GoW games besides III.

2San said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol
What is there to disagree to though? I never made any bold statements. All I was criticizing was that just because it's a Final Fantasy doesn't warrant a must buy as there are other games that make interesting options.

Then you felt the need to make flamebait posts and you expect me not to reply? :lol

I would say that saying these other games are options aginst FF in a FF thread is a statement worth disagreing. Didn't say anything about it being bold.

And yeah I did expect you to reply and you did beautifully.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Synless said:
Why is Kratos being mentioned in a Final Fantasy thread?
Weird tangents people go off on to get their jollies? That's what I'm thinking anyways.
Anyways...Amazon didn't ship my order early, so I must be subjected to waiting for the release date.

Drame

My Collector's Edition copy of the game and the strategy guide should be here on monday.

I'm ready for this.

KAL2006

Banned
Question,

Will I like this game if I enjoyed every mainline Final Fantasy games except XII (note: I haven't played 1-5). I don't care if it's linear (I enjoyed FFX), as long as the story keeps me interested, and the gameplay is fun it's all good.

hamchan

KAL2006 said:
Question,

Will I like this game if I enjoyed every mainline Final Fantasy games except XII (note: I haven't played 1-5). I don't care if it's linear (I enjoyed FFX), as long as the story keeps me interested, and the gameplay is fun it's all good.
We're in the same boat, you and I. :D

Most signs seem to point to yes, I haven't played it yet though, only read impressions and reviews.

Blizrad

Neo Member
I don't really get it. FFX also was linear and I think we all agree it was a good game. (FFX maybe had more to do once you get the airship, but those things required a lot of patience :lol ) Why all the negative things about linearity while the best RPG's in history were linear?

2San

Rahxephon91 said:
I would say that saying these other games are options aginst FF in a FF thread is a statement worth disagreing. Didn't say anything about it being bold.

And yeah I did expect you to reply and you did beautifully.
So are suggesting when discussing if a game is a must buy or not? I have to limit myself to the topic game? I'm sorry I was clearly in the wrong.

Final Fantasy XIII is a must buy game(even if it isn't what's the chance that you'll play another Final Fantasy XIII anytime soon?).

Disclamer: Because this is posted in the Final Fantasy XIII section, I don't mean it's a must buy game in general, or even a must buy Final Fantasy.

Did anyone in the UK order from TheHut?

A package came for me this morning at 11am but no one was in, needed to be signed. Was just addressed to my family second name, so we don't know who's it is.

Can't collect it till Monday now :(

Audioboxer87 said:
Did anyone in the UK order from TheHut?

A package came for me this morning at 11am but no one was in, needed to be signed. Was just addressed to my family second name, so we don't know who's it is.

Can't collect it till Monday now :(

My order is with them as well but nothing came for me this morning, despite the postman's tease.

ithorien

Blizrad said:
I don't really get it. FFX also was linear and I think we all agree it was a good game. (FFX maybe had more to do once you get the airship, but those things required a lot of patience :lol ) Why all the negative things about linearity while the best RPG's in history were linear?

A ton of people here actually dislike FFX, and they're of course allowed to. It's all just a matter of opinion. I can't wait for Monday, FFX is my favorite Final ever. If 13 is anything like it, awesome.

Thanks OP for the official thread, lots of good info I didn't know!

2San said:
So are suggesting when discussing if a game is a must buy or not? I have to limit myself to the topic game? I'm sorry I was clearly in the wrong.

Final Fantasy XIII is a must buy game(even if it isn't what's the chance that you'll play another Final Fantasy XIII anytime soon?).

Disclamer: Because this is posted in the Final Fantasy XIII section, I don't mean it's a must buy game in general, or even a must buy Final Fantasy.
Um no? But whatis mostly in a FF thread? FF fans. Yeah so of cousre they are going to perhaps take issue when say hey maybe there are some better alternatives.

Don't know why this logic is lost on you. And maybe if you chose better alternatives then God of Rage 3 and Battlefield Bad Company 1 Redux then there wouldn't be an issue.

Rahxephon91 said:

WTF - this is a final fantasy thread. keep your shit opinions about kratos out of it

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
CruxisMana said:
My order is with them as well but nothing came for me this morning, despite the postman's tease.
I was hoping for some birthday magic with Amazon making them ship it out early, but I guess I can only use that to get a tiny cake at some restruant.

NinjaFusion said:
WTF - this is a final fantasy thread. keep your shit opinions about kratos out of it
Don't get too angry dude. Don't want you to go kill your family and rage up some more like your EXTREME hero Kratos.

Pancho

Qurupancho
So fucking hyped here. Me and my cousin are totally gonna go as earliest as possible since with HR my cousin totally got shafted, he preordered the game on gamestop and when he came a bit around 5pm there weren't any. The store sold the copies to people without preorders =/, wouldn't want that to happen with FFXIII.

Roxas

Erasus said:
I may be in the minority but I liked both FFX and FFXII :lol

Time will tell if I enjoy FFXIII as much.

Same here...

Then again ive loved every single once since the beginning so....

yesterday I watched a video with Toriyama and Kitase on Live, some golden PR shit there, I laughed so much :lol

"we created a new way of enjoying videogames"

:lol :lol

Later I'll try to track down the game, someone must be selling it already damn!!

I plan to Day 1 this mofo instead of tossing it onto my 50 some-odd title backlog pile.
Breaking my "all multiplats on X360" rule for this one in light of the shoddy port.
All hail Troy Baker, Laura Bailey and the rest of the VA cast.

I am so very excited. It has been so long since the game was announced, and now it is finally almost here. Can't wait to play it through, but I face the dilemma of GoW3 releasing one week after FFXIII's release.

i saw it on sale here in italy (mediaworld/mediamarkt). price was 69.99 on the game box, but a flyer just above the pile of copies said 59.99. there were game guides too.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Considering how much Square Enix kissed Europe's ass with the CE, their retailers sure don't seem to be respecting street dates..

BocoDragon said:
Considering how much Square Enix kissed Europe's ass with the CE, their retailers sure don't seem to be respecting street dates..

Except here in Spain, the bundle was selling already, but the game is nowhere to be found.Seems like the conditions that the publisher put seem pretty hard.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
All I know is I haven't yet seen a pic of the US version in the wild (I've seen a couple Canadian ones), while I have seen 20-30 pics around the web of people with euro copies.

I confess I'm jealous.. I'm waiting until Tuesday for my non-CE, non shiny/no inside art Canadian version.. It's like being the last in the world to the least appealing edition.... :p

BocoDragon said:
All I know is I haven't yet seen a pic of the US version in the wild (I've seen a couple Canadian ones), while I have seen 20-30 pics around the web of people with euro copies.

I confess I'm jealous.. I'm waiting until Tuesday for my non-CE, non shiny/no inside art Canadian version.. It's like being the last in the world to the least appealing edition.... :p

I'm jealous too, I have nothing to do this weekend, so it would be perfect if I could put my hands, in my non-CE, non shiny/no inside art xbox360 version. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom