• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First images of Red Faction 3: Guerilla

DaveKap

Banned
Because some of you may not have noticed what was going on here...

15o8d37.jpg

ostrich03.jpg

a Master Ninja said:
One piece of bad news, I'm afraid. It seems that awesome bird sound effect will not make it into the final game. Apparently each weapon upgrade was originally supposed to have it's own sound effect, but in the end time constraints or whatever forced them to make all the "axes" have the same sound.
Oh man that sucks, but they should sell the soundbite / upgrade as DLC. I would buy!

Kibbles

Time constraints? They've been working on this game for 5 years now, and it doesn't come out until August right? :S

DaveKap

Banned
a Master Ninja said:
One piece of bad news, I'm afraid. It seems that awesome bird sound effect will not make it into the final game. Apparently each weapon upgrade was originally supposed to have it's own sound effect, but in the end time constraints or whatever forced them to make all the "axes" have the same sound.

Replace "time constraints" with "disk space" and maybe I'd believe you but I highly doubt they'd take something that boosts sales and suddenly gimp it.

DaveKap said:
Replace "time constraints" with "disk space" and maybe I'd believe you but I highly doubt they'd take something that boosts sales and suddenly gimp it.

I'm surprised they can't just make a special case for it unless they're tight on memory needs for their sound budget. Otherwise I would imagine it could be a simple if/else statement on which sound effect to play.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Clearly not that older build version, but I actually think I prefer the original character artstyle...

DaveKap said:
Don't be terribly surprised if the ostrich weapon sounds exactly like all the other axes is all I'm saying. That is the current state of things according to a guy I know who is working on the game. Not a deal breaker for me.

So just wanted to update everyone on the interwebs: Volition contacted me and has decided to send me some awesome swag including a free copy of the game!!!!! :lol

I was going to buy it anyway, so they lost a few dollars but they gained a ton from my friends who are also going to buy it now. Everyone should buy the game for the ostrich hammer!

I wish the guys at Volition the best and I also hope they give me a job eventually! :D :D :D

Shawsie64

Banned
TheKingsCrown said:
So just wanted to update everyone on the interwebs: Volition contacted me and has decided to send me some awesome swag including a free copy of the game!!!!! :lol

I was going to buy it anyway, so they lost a few dollars but they gained a ton from my friends who are also going to buy it now. Everyone should buy the game for the ostrich hammer!

I wish the guys at Volition the best and I also hope they give me a job eventually! :D :D :D

Wow, what an awesome developer! :D im def buying this though dunno whether to get on PS3 or PC

Afrikan

Man... I went to their Press thing last night.......open bar... I'm still hurting...

the multiplayer is fun as hell.... and I also forgot how fun Alcohol + gaming is

Acid08

Banned
beat said:
Projects that aren't done yet don't look done.
Uh yeah I get that but a lot of games are first shown looking at least pretty good. This game looked awful when it was first shown, didn't seem to be in the shape to reveal yet. All I'm saying is that they made a ton of improvements and I would never have expected to give a shit about this game but they seem to have made a really great piece of software.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Wow, I completely missed this whole thing with the ostrich and video but man, that is amazing and hilarious. :lol

Tempted to get this.

GrayFoxPL

Struct09 said:
Holy shit, I missed the video on April 1st :lol

Volition.respect++

Same here! I should be smacked with an ostrich hammer for missing this video!

That's how you sell a game.

Volition, major respect!

Brannon

a Master Ninja said:
It's the final upgrade for the hammer.

I see. Impressive avian tech.

I have ideas! Hear me out. Okay an ostrich has very strong legs right? So how about after 5 or so kills with the hammer, the legs break free of their bindings. (Achievement Unlocked: Freebird!) Then after that, the user of the ostrich has a 1 in 8 chance of being kicked to death by said implement, then the ostrich runs away free into the sunset. (Achievement Unlocked: The Bird Kick of Alcatraz).

I mean if you're going to go ostrich, you need to go all out!

Drek

AnEternalEnigma said:
PETA should have a field day with this.
I think some recent PETA news stories should keep them more preoccupied with their own PR than railing against a video game ostrich.

Haunted

GAF -> game developers -> game -> GAF

Excellent.

Y2Kev said:
Wow, that's pretty funny. I'm reading the old posts, "This game is fucked on gaf." lol!
*raises hand* :lol

Great turnaround.

Top Bottom