• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First images of Red Faction 3: Guerilla

Baloonatic said:
Is the PC version out at the same time as the console version?

I attended a preview event for this yesterday and was told the PC version was two months behind, but that's because they want to make it a decent PC port, and not just a rubbish afterthought. It's not just going to be a console game stuffed onto the PC without thought for how it'll work on the platform.

sullytao

I have very little doubt that the ostrich hammer will make it in. Volition are great when it comes to hidden gems in there games. Remember the sea monster in Saints Row 2?

By the way the team itself seems to have a variety of different characters.

VOLITION.jpg

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
well... i've gone from having zero interest in this to probably buying it day one (only if it stays in the game).

i'll buy two copies if the video is included as a bonus feature.

yes, i am that shallow.

OSTRICHCIZED

beat

BobFromPikeCreek said:
Just watched it again. Another interesting thing I noticed is that the producer calls Blake something different each time. Blane, Block and Blaze.
Oh whew, I thought my hearing was going. Yes, that was a great little touch.

newsguy said:
In the other vid thread the game was getting unnecessary flak.
That's too bad. IMO the destruction system is pretty awesome.

DaveKap

Banned
You heard it here first folks...

http://community.redfaction.com/blogs/?p=325 said:
...the Ostrich hammer will be available as a Multiplayer unlockable when the game ships in June!

...which means a whole lot of you have to fulfill your day 1 purchase promise. :lol

Zeliard

The head dev guy played it so beautifully straight and deadpan. That was actually really impressive from someone who's presumably a non-actor.

HaL64

SwitchBladeKneegrow said:
Just got my demo code for this. What kind of demo is this supposed to be exacly?

Supposed to be single player. Can you actually download it? If so start a new thread with impressions. :D

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
:(

29pf8f5.jpg

The Ostrich hammer will be available as a Multiplayer unlockable when the game ships in June! This isn't all though, because over the next few weeks, we're going to have a ton of new information here about multiplayer including more hammer unlocks, new modes, the amount of changes we made based on your feedback during the MP beta (A LOT), and a few other MP surprises. So stay tuned and keep checking back for more or we'll have to ostrichcize you!

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
:lol :lol

Wow, definitely keeping an eye on this one. Gameplay seems to look pretty good.

Fireflu

Teetris said:

Wow, definitely keeping an eye on this one. Gameplay seems to look pretty good.
The beta released last summer was one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences ever, come on Juuuuune!

pr0cs said:
haha awesome.
so much love for Volition. Loved SR1&2, I'll be there for Red Faction, the Ostrich hammer sealed the deal.

I wish more devs would put out stuff like this.
I'm really growing to love this company.

Kibbles

SwitchBladeKneegrow said:
Just got my demo code for this. What kind of demo is this supposed to be exacly?
Where do you get demo codes? I thought GameStop didn't start giving them out until the 3rd?

Kibbles said:
Where do you get demo codes? I thought GameStop didn't start giving them out until the 3rd?

Got e-mailed to me earlier today. Haven't tried to DL yet though since it's supposedly not up until tomorrow. I'll try to DL before bed.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Wow, that's pretty funny. I'm reading the old posts, "This game is fucked on gaf." lol!

Odrion

Banned
Volition really are an incredibly underrated developer studio. Red Faction, Summoner, Saints Row, are all great franchises but they never seem to get much respect. Just about all of their games shown here were met with skepticism yet they end up being great titles.

Holy shit.

o_0

Are you....serious!?

0_o

That....was....amazing...

I have been trying for years to somehow get into videogames (professionally!), and THIS is how it begins?

THIS?

I could think of no better way.

Today is a new day for my life. Thank you Red Faction creators. I am going to sleep happily tonight.

KGKK

Banned
I'm def buy this game now. Don't know if I will play it day one but I will buy it day one. June also has Infamous and Prototype. Enough sandbox for the rest of the year.:D

I'm just so overwhelmed with glee. I simply cannot describe how happy that video made me. :lol

I will certainly purchase a copy of their game if they include the ostrich hammer.

Also, I release all the rights to the ostrich hammer, so get to it!

-TheKingsCrown

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
TheKingsCrown said:
I'm just so overwhelmed with glee. I simply cannot describe how happy that video made me. :lol

I will certainly purchase a copy of their game if they include the ostrich hammer.

Also, I release all the rights to the ostrich hammer, so get to it!

-TheKingsCrown
They confirmed it is a MP unlock.

CitizenCope said:
Welcome to your thread.:lol
And I am happy to be here! I hope they change my name to Ostrichsized or something around here, as I've been hoping for a name change for a while now.

Thanks for the heads up!

Man I haven't had such a big smile in forever. Thanks again Red Faction creators! Can't wait to try out the weapon!

Shawsie64

Banned
TheKingsCrown said:
And I am happy to be here! I hope they change my name to Ostrichsized or something around here, as I've been hoping for a name change for a while now.

Thanks for the heads up!

Man I haven't had such a big smile in forever. Thanks again Red Faction creators! Can't wait to try out the weapon!

:lol

this is indeed awesome, Ostrichsized would be a rad tag!

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Hazaro said:

Oh. Oh that's fucking low if that's a joke. I saw all the freespace boxes around the head guys office but I didn't catch that.

You want those day 1 purchases DaveKap you now have to confirm that Freespace3 is real.

DaveKap

Banned
Sinatar said:
You want those day 1 purchases DaveKap you now have to confirm that Freespace3 is real.

Hey man, it's not my game, it's my friend's. He ain't peeping about FS3 but he has, in a previous instances, mentioned that Volition doesn't even have the license to the game... but the only reason he knows that is because the Internet told him so.

I suspect the FS3 in the background is the real April Fool's day prank. Don't take it so damn hard, though... the hype for the thing is so impossibly high I don't think anyone, let alone Volition, could ever live up to it.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
DaveKap said:
Hey man, it's not my game, it's my friend's. He ain't peeping about FS3 but he has, in a previous instances, mentioned that Volition doesn't even have the license to the game... but the only reason he knows that is because the Internet told him so.

I suspect the FS3 in the background is the real April Fool's day prank. Don't take it so damn hard, though... the hype for the thing is so impossibly high I don't think anyone, let alone Volition, could ever live up to it.

Fah they could call it SpaceFree for all I care, I just want a new Volition powered space opera sim.

One piece of bad news, I'm afraid. It seems that awesome bird sound effect will not make it into the final game. Apparently each weapon upgrade was originally supposed to have it's own sound effect, but in the end time constraints or whatever forced them to make all the "axes" have the same sound.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
a Master Ninja said:
One piece of bad news, I'm afraid. It seems that awesome bird sound effect will not make it into the final game. Apparently each weapon upgrade was originally supposed to have it's own sound effect, but in the end time constraints or whatever forced them to make all the "axes" have the same sound.
I demand your sources.

Top Bottom