• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First pic of Evangeline Lilly as The Wasp

evangeline-lilly-paul-rudd-film-ant-man-sequel-11.jpg
So there does appear to be some yellow on the suit.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
I think seeing them side by side make the costumes look pretty good. That said, I imagine both costumes will look pretty different in the final film. Besides the wings, there could be other adjustments to her costume which are done digitally, or with colour grading.

Here are her wings:

evangeline-lilly-paul-rudd-film-ant-man-sequel-53.jpg

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Hope's costume is a rare misfire by Marvel. The new one is such a downgrade from the one shown at the end of Ant-Man.

SGlF9jp.jpg

The new ones feels like some X-Men 1 "we're not silly like them comic books" type shit.

richiek

Hope's costume is a rare misfire by Marvel. The new one is such a downgrade from the one shown at the end of Ant-Man.

SGlF9jp.jpg

The new ones feels like some X-Men 1 "we're not silly like them comic books" type shit.

Aside from the difference in color vibrancy (which they can fix in postproduction), it's the same suit. You can still see the penis here. The suit is still a work in progress here. You can see exposed cables on the abdomen and thigh.

Einchy

Aside from the difference in color vibrancy (which they can fix in postproduction), it's the same suit. You can still see the penis here. The suit is still a work in progress here. You can exposed cables on the abdomen and thigh.

Why "aside" from the colors? The colors are the reason that some have issues with the suit.

HeySeuss

SGlF9jp.jpg

I'm not seeing much of a difference really. It's a prototype suit, we haven't seen the new helmet yet, or the wings extended for that matter and it's missing the arms. The suit itself just has more gold but is otherwise the same thing. And depending on the picture lighting of the leaked set picks, it could be exactly the same suit.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member

SGlF9jp.jpg

Why "aside" from the colors? The colors are the reason that some have issues with the suit.

It's the lighting, set photos always look bad.

This one shows the color much better as opposed to the other pictures.

DKz6tTNW0AI0FJ2.jpg

Einchy

Am I taking crazy pills here? The one from Ant-Man 1 has a super bright gold coloring to it, while the new one very has a hint of it. The fact that slight lighting can make the new gold look just straight up silver is the issue here. It'd be equally dumb if Ant-Man's suit looked grey or black because the hint of red was so faint like with Wasp's.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Am I taking crazy pills here? The one from Ant-Man 1 has a super bright gold coloring to it, while the new one very has a hint of it. The fact that slight lighting can make the new gold look just straight up silver is the issue here. It'd be equally dumb if Ant-Man's suit looked grey or black because the hint of red was so faint like with Wasp's.
But you’re comparing an in movie shot to set photos. The bright colours could be added in during post.

Einchy

But you're comparing an in movie shot to set photos. The bright colours could be added in during post.

This is the official photo they showed.

They don't release WIP shots of their costumes. Also, why wouldn't the gold just be brighter, anyway? It's not like they need to edit Ant-Man's red costume in post to make it redder.

richiek

I think there's an issue with color saturation with the Ant-Man post credits pics:

Here's the one posted above

SGlF9jp.jpg

And here's another I found on the net:

haicj9nz33wtnd5ho7bn.png

And here's the ComicCon poster:

concept-ant-man-and-the-wasp-2018-1.jpg

The bottom two images are a better representation of the colors of the Wasp suit in the set pics.

I’m not seeing the yellow and gold that some people seem to be seeing in the new costume. Is this a white and gold/blue and black dress situation? Cause all i see is blakc abd blue with some red lines.

Einchy

I think there's an issue with color saturation with the Ant-Man post credits pics:

Here's the one posted above

And here's another I found on the net:

And here's the ComicCon poster:

The bottom two images are a better representation of the colors of the Wasp suit in the set pics.

Seems like the picture I found is more saturated, you're right, but yours is completely desaturated, too.

Here's how it looked in the scene from Youtube.
h8oRbJd.png

It's still way more gold than the new costume.
I'm not seeing the yellow and gold that some people seem to be seeing in the new costume. Is this a white and gold/blue and black dress situation? Cause all i see is blakc abd blue with some red lines.
It's VERY faint.

SGlF9jp.jpg

Yeah, this looks way better. The small differences go a long way in making it stand out.

Canklestank

Neo Member
Do people not know about post production color grading?

I mean, color grading usually just enhances colors that are already there or "pushes" them in a more pleasing direction. Designing a monotone suit with the plan to recolor it in post is a really expensive waste of time.

Zen Aku

Dude, I am calm, I'm calmer than calm, that reply wasn't meant to be hostile.

It's hard to convey happy on a forum.

let me help you out there.

":)"

I mean, color grading usually just enhances colors that are already there or "pushes" them in a more pleasing direction. Designing a monotone suit with the plan to recolor it in post is a really expensive waste of time.

Not exactly. If there's shooting scenes in the dark or in environment that doesn't produce vivid colors, then having the costume somewhat muted in colors allow post production to easily saturate the colors of the environment and the suits at the same time. If the suit is much more colorful than the environment, then post production would have to edit that suit separately, otherwise it would look so saturated its washed out.

Top Bottom