• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Flat-Earthers Have a Wild New Theory About Forests (The Atlantic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Notice how all these theories, without fail, hinge upon the government/scientists/establishment lying to people and can't be trusted.

Some people are so cynical, they'll believe anything.

Notice how all these theories, without fail, hinge upon the government/scientists/establishment lying to people and can't be trusted.

What if all these conspiracy theories going around are actually started by a government scheme to identify all the stupid people so they can weed them out when population control comes around?

This was my main problem with the movie, Conspiracy Theory. That they were all revealed to be real.

Dynomutt

Op I am concerned. Not only is this a year old all you posted was:
Read the rest (or watch the insane video) here. As if to spread and advertise this nonsense. Listen people. Read a book go outside. Stop listening to Joe Rogan. Talk to somebody.

giphy.gif

Peccavi

OK, so he's not saying that the forests we see don't actually exist, he's saying that Earth used to be Kasshyyyk (almost spelled that right first try). Both positions are incredibly stupid, but he's not actually promoting a belief that's easily disputed by spending 30 seconds in a wooded area.

Has anyone really seen the ocean?

What you call an "ocean" is simply a dimple of water precariously balanced in the arc of an obese mans back.

An untold millennia ago, the world was a vast ocean that supported all the life on what was once a glorious planet primed for mankind's first fledgling doggy paddles.

The salt was reel!!

But then, our lizard overlords stacked mounds of dirt to sunbathe on and became greedy with the idea having pieces of "flat earth" to lounge around on. Humans were used to do the heavy lifting and building of this "flat earth" and soon the glorious ocean was pushed back so far that it flowed off the sides of the Earth and into space.

We as a species are just fortunate that our lizard overlords got so lazy from hanging out on land that they gave up on controlling humanity, allowing us to thrive on the dead carcass of a once beautiful planet.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
OK, so he's not saying that the forests we see don't actually exist, he's saying that Earth used to be Kasshyyyk (almost spelled that right first try). Both positions are incredibly stupid, but he's not actually promoting a belief that's easily disputed by spending 30 seconds in a wooded area.

He's just using one that's not even worth disputing.

SoulUnison

Banned
This isn't a forest at all: only a diminished imitation. Thousands of years ago, a cataclysmic event destroyed 99% of the Earth's biosphere, and when it happened, it took away the real forests. Real trees are nothing like their stunted cousins, the miserable perishing scraps of wood that we see today; they were truly vast, hundreds of kilometers tall, magical organisms that sustained a total living ecology of the flat earth. These things were the anchor of a beautiful world that has now vanished forever

Wait... Isn't this sort of the world-plot to Hunter X Hunter?

HMD

I'd love to take every flat earther, put them in a plane and fly them across the world. I want them to point out where the world ends and begins.

devilhawk

Should we say 1.0% of the viewers believe this crap, 49.5% just want to laugh at it, and 49.5% are journalists desperate to write about something?

I don't get it. I live in Greater Boston which is basically houses and roads in the middle of a forest. Like I look out at my backyard and it's all forest with deer and bunnies and squirrels and trash pandas and everything.

Socreges

Banned
The video is kind of exhausting. Especially when he starts attacking scientists and gets more and more petulant. I got 20 min in and am pleased with myself

I *tried* to sit through a video talking about this sometime last year I feel like... Or was there no video either? How can you prove there is a video?

Have any of you guys seen the center of the earth? Didn't think so. It's hollow and another race lives there.

I got this from Facebook and YouTube so your so called scientific lies can't make me think otherwise.

ZOONAMI

What's actually kind of frightening about this is that is has the potential to be sort of true if we don't stop logging and burning down all the rainforests. Or, it is kind of true. Sure there are redwoods, but there used to be 2 million acres of redwoods. Now there are hardly any left.

There actually were massive forests in the US and everywhere else in the world that actually are gone and/or not anything like what they used to be before massive logging.

Sure, you can grow trees, but it's a hell of a lot faster to chop and burn down trees than it is to grow them.

televator

This guy can't see the forrest for the 30 meter bush.

What do I call a 30 meter bush? A tree. What do I call trees that cover acres of land? A forrest.

Then again, the guy starts off saying he doesn't speak English well. Maybe this was all some kind of language barrier.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
The best way to go with the really far gone ones is to get stupider. How could aliens build the pyramids if there's an unbreakable skydome? And if there was a skydome, how did the aliens build anything ?

The skydome is just another pyramid, Sheeple. Heck(ate), it's pyramids all the way up.

Amalthea

Banned
The only "unsubstantiated" theory I made up and believe in is that the lack of natural dangers in society has made a lot of people too stupid for life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom