• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Flat-Earthers Have a Wild New Theory About Forests (The Atlantic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rekameohs

Banned
agG1EeK_700b.jpg

Shy

“when you are actually looking at thirty-meter bushes. After watching this video, you will reverse your concept of forests by 360 degrees
🤔🤔🤔
How the fuck haven't we self destroyed ourselves bcs of stupidity.....
Give it a couple of years.

Platy

This is actually awesome because it is the perfect conspiracy theory to grab people who don't leave their mom's basement

Gattsu25

Banned
JUst more evidence that these flat earth motherfuckers are just ignant people that have never left their hometowns and refuse to believe that anywhere else looks different.

BibiMaghoo

The giant tree stump thing has been around for ages. That part isn't new, and amounts to "look at this massive rock. This was a giant tree once"

Opto

Banned
Oof that's a good angle.
Insist conspiracy theorists are a conspiracy.
The best way to go with the really far gone ones is to get stupider. How could aliens build the pyramids if there's an unbreakable skydome? And if there was a skydome, how did the aliens build anything ?

The people who come up with these "theories" don't actually believe any of it. They are all making it up to get attention or sell an ebook or whatever. Can we stop making threads about this shit?

Well we certainly had bigger forests before loggers tore that shit down, but what is this wanker on about? Between this shit and Trump, How is this reality?

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Not surprised. Trees don't seem old enough in my opinion.

So you think that trees are immortal and indestructible?

Sounds like this guy just made up the stupidest thing possible just to see if people would go along with it, and it turns out they did. If we ever have forced population control and have to have a test to see who doesn't make the first cut, this would be a great weed-out question.

I mean I have, but like, have you seen deep in the ocean? What if there's just a lip at the end of the world holding the water in but you cant go that far

I heard that if you swim all the way to the bottom of the ocean, you just fall into space. Sorta like digging through the last block in Minecraft.

snap

Banned
Pretty sure this has been a thread before

At least, one on a similarly long video where the creator pointed at mesas and similar natural features and said "these are stumps of real trees!!"

I don't remember if it was the same video because I just jumped to a random point and watched like five minutes, maybe it also went into bathtubs and stuff who knows.

So this is literally a guy looking at a tree and telling you that it is not a tree. Okay.

I'm not surprised. Flat Earthers believe incredibly fucking stupid shit. It goes way beyond simply "the Earth is flat".

In their efforts to justify their ridiculous theory:

- claim the sun and moon revolve around the planet in a figure eight pattern.
- claim that there is a wall of ice around the circumference of the planet
- claim that the human eye can only see 44% of all sunlight
- claim that fuckin' pictures taken from space are just optical illusions

And now apparently that there are no trees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom