• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football/Fútbol/Fussball/Calcio/Soccer Thread 2011/12 |OT4| Why always Tokyo Sexwale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

offshore

Any chance we can get an updated GAFfers' Club list? If your username's not on the list, ask elseanio to put it in.

I don't know about everyone else, but I find that list pretty handy...

elseanio

Non Liverpool, Man U, Man City fans need not apply. :p

Haha, you'd last on OT4 till the new season :p

Any chance we can get an updated GAFfers' Club list? If your username's not on the list, ask elseanio to put it in.

I don't know about everyone else, but I find that list pretty handy...

Definitely, I use it a lot too.
I will try keep up with requests in the thread, but if you think I've missed it just PM me

elsk

Banned
Interesting article about 1860 Munich: http://bundesligafanatic.com/?p=7118
hasan-ismaik-gr.jpg

Not Quite Thanksgiving Yet at 1860 Munich

During April, though, rumours swirled of a wealthy white knight charging in from the Middle East to save the club before they hit that proverbial wall with Jordanian businessman Hasan Ismaik interested in rescuing Munich’s first Bundesliga club from ruin. After an initial run up of stories rife with speculation as to whether 1860 would be transformed into a league power much like Manchester City has been in England through its heavy investment from Arabian sheikhs, little in the way of news came out as to whether Ismaik would indeed become the first Arab investor in German football until the deed was done. Although Ismaik would be unable to claim a full ownership stake of 1860 Munich owing to the 50+1 rule, thus disallowed from treating the club as a rich kid’s fantasy football plaything, he chose to take the plunge into German football anyway, obtaining 49% of the voting shares, purchasing a further 11% of non-voting shares, and reshaping the board to suit his needs. His ability to dictate club matters, then, would look to mimic that of Dietmar Hopp at 1899 Hoffenheim, where effective majority ownership rests with the person who wields the power of the purse.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Villareal had very bad luck.

Cazorla went to Malaga, Rossi and Nilmar are injured for a long time.

Borja Valero was sent off for something stupid in teh first match.

Yeah, I feel really bad for them to be honest. I hope they don't get relegated or something crazy like that.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Just signed up in the CL Fantasy League

My crappy starter team:

---------------------------Casillas-------------------------------
----Rafinha------Vertonghen----Thiago Silva------Bianchetti
----Busquets------Bender-----Noccerino---------Xabi Alonso
-------------Messi------------------------Chicharito------------
You are my new bff.

bjaelke

Someone insulted her nation during the WC and in the fallout, she banned many of the regulars.
No it started way before that. She(?) got called out in the 2008/2009 OT due to a ban and then started banning people retroactively (locked the thread while doing it). Said she wanted to clean up the thread. People then started migrating to the other site which is where most of the Arsenal fans are now.

Yen

I'm just going to leave this here...

n6A2k.jpg

God knows if it's real, but DO WANT.
The guys on rawk who leak the shirts say the home shirt is very plain but the two away shirts are hideous - they both have tribal print and the third shirt is bright purple. They also say the Liverbird may return.

Yen

No it started way before that. She(?) got called out in the 2008/2009 OT due to a ban and then started banning people retroactively (locked the thread while doing it). Said she wanted to clean up the thread. People then started migrating to the other site which is where most of the Arsenal fans are now.
Didn't know that. I do remember a hoo-ha in the WC thread, though. I'm fairly sure.

Mastadon

Banned
Ah, no great loss then!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Someone insulted her nation during the WC and in the fallout, she banned many of the regulars.

Sounds like Italy to me :lol

Can't you guys talk to a reasonable mod to lift the bans? It's been too long already.

feel

Subscribed. I almost never post but I read most of the thread. I remember my disapointment in 2009 when I finally got accepted into gaf, seeing Football-gaf disappear into another site at right at about the same time. Was very glad seeing it return back to normality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom