• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football/Soccer/Fútbol/Fussball/Calcio Thread 2011/12 |OT2| Everyone plays for City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

Fady K said:
Whoa, 19 year old Neymar is now a father :0 Feels weird seeing that mohawk out of sight for once.
this_is_yearold_neymars_new_baby.jpg

His girlfriend will get 25,000 a month, iirc.

More than some players earn on wages.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
nemesun said:
I expect a lot of City, Barca life longers will grace us with their presence in the coming weeks.

I like to leave jizz stains..

PaulLFC

Jeff Albertson said:
I enjoyed tonight, Rovers have some great young players, the future would be bright if the present wasn't so utterly shit.

Some good news Jeff! Jen Chang on Twitter:

Speaking of defenders, MLS' George John is heading to Blackburn Thursday to sign (via @soccerbyives). Needs refinement but has potential.

GorillaJu

Damn that was quick. Glad to see Arsenal made it into the group stage despite their shaky beginnings this season. Good save by Szczesny!

Shogun PaiN said:
Did give you a mention in the previous thread. Thought Blackburn might of slipped up tonight with their current troubles but those early goals put that to bed. Rochina looks decent as well, You think he will get much playing time this season?

Adding Fady to every team would of been quality.

Rochina is class, you can tell he's a product of Barca but he has to learn not to do too much, has a tendancy to beat a man then try and beat another 5 instead of doing the simple thing.

Cheers Paul, heard that lad may be coming over but I know nothing of him really.

Fady K

Afellay is training again :] Overcame his injury.

odd_morsel said:
Damn that was quick. Glad to see Arsenal made it into the group stage despite their shaky beginnings this season. Good save by Szczesny!

Man of the match in my opinion, made some incredible saves. Gervinho did great too.

Dibbz

Nice a fresh start an great timing with Arsenal sealing a place in the CL. Great 2nd half they had tonight.

Messi

BigBoss said:
Sucks that Pique is gone for 3 weeks.

was about to say that. I wonder if we will ever see pique and puyol back playing together :( . anyone know how near puyol is to being back? they are very quiet about him.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I bet this thread goes to 20k replies before la liga starts.

Glad to see Villarreal in the CL again. Everytime they've been in the CL we've won it :eek:

MPW

$10k per month for being a baby mama? f'n hell

best this this chick ever did was fuck neymar without protection

faridmon

I approve of this title. Can't wait to see Barkley play for City next season.

Also, I didn't know there were midweek Carling Cup action. Just shows hoe much I care for that trophy. We are not gonna wint it anyway.

ShogunX

Error said:
I bet this thread goes to 20k replies before la liga starts.

Glad to see Villarreal in the CL again. Everytime they've been in the CL we've won it :eek:

Deadline day is going to be fun.

567.jpg

sixghost

faridmon said:

Also, I didn't know there were midweek Carling Cup action. Just shows hoe much I care for that trophy. We are not gonna wint it anyway.
He's played 2 senior level games and has been the best player on the field both times. He's going to be something.

Error

MPW said:
$10k per month for being a baby mama? f'n hell

best this this chick ever did was fuck neymar without protection
She is set for life.

Any predictions for tomorrow's CL draw?

faridmon said:

I really hope you lot do well this season. Everton seem like their in the same position as us(Arsenal) trying to punch above their weight in the changing football climate.
The fans are usually really nice and friendly too.

Ichigo

Can I get added to the Arsenal defense force.

Also is there a way to get your username changed? I've been a long time stalker and would like to get more active, but would prefer a new name :) Cheers!

Slizz

Ichigo said:

Also is there a way to get your username changed? I've been a long time stalker and would like to get more active, but would prefer a new name :) Cheers!

PM a mod I think, maybe Evilore will do it.

Carbonox

Names being linked with Newcastle United, irrelevant of likelihood:

Sulley Muntari
Davide Santon
Erik Pieters
Aly Cissokho
Modibo Maiga

I'd take them all tbh. :lol I'm desperate for some signings!

Honestly though, Cissokho and Santon would be great signings. Maiga ain't good enough for me IMO but who knows, he could really rise to the occasion in the Premier League.

operon

faridmon said:

With shoguns help ye can easily win

Error

Stalker? I hope you mean lurker

Name change you gotta talk with a mod.

RaGe_pt

I'm so hyped for tommorow's champions league draw. Here are the possibilities:

POT 1
Manchester United
Barcelona
Chelsea
Arsenal
Bayern Munique
Real Madrid
FC PORTO
Inter

POT 2
Milan
Lyon
Shakhtar
Valência
Benfica
Villarreal
CSKA Moscovo
Marselha

POT 3
Zenit
Ajax
Bayer Leverkusen
Olympiakos
Manchester City
Lille
Basileia
BATE Borisov

POT 4
Borussia Dortmund
Nápoles
Dinamo Zagreb
APOEL Nicosia
Trabzonspor
Genk
Otelul Galati
Plzen

(got this from a Portuguese site)

elseanio

Ichigo said:

Got mine changed by Dragona Akehi, so I think any mod can do it. Just ask nicely :)

Fady K

Messi said:
was about to say that. I wonder if we will ever see pique and puyol back playing together :( . anyone know how near puyol is to being back? they are very quiet about him.

That would be great, but no updates unfortunately :[

Messi

RaGe_pt said:
I'm so hyped for tommorow's champions league draw. Here are the possibilities:

POT 1
Manchester United
Barcelona
Chelsea
Arsenal
Bayern Munique
Real Madrid
FC PORTO
Inter

POT 2
Milan
Lyon
Shakhtar
Valência
Benfica
Villarreal
CSKA Moscovo
Marselha

POT 3
Zenit
Ajax
Bayer Leverkusen
Olympiakos
Manchester City
Lille
Basileia
BATE Borisov

POT 4
Borussia Dortmund
Nápoles
Dinamo Zagreb
APOEL Nicosia
Trabzonspor
Genk
Otelul Galati
Plzen

(got this from a Portuguese site)

watch this happen tomorrow :/

Fady K

The new thread comes at an important day - Nasri joining City, Mata joining Chelsea, Arsenal doing something right and involving itself in the Champions League, Tottenham telling Chelsea to forget about Modric :(!!!, and Eto becoming the highest paid football player currently.

JWong said:
Dude's married?

I believe he is!

faridmon

Shogun PaiN said:
I laughed at Everton when they went 0-1 down tonight and then a few minutes later it's 3-1 to Everton and just to take the piss Anichebe even scored.
Wait?
Anachebe Scored?
WTF?

Labadal

Wait, so Dortmund wins the German League but are in pot#4. Why? It makes no sense

In other news (sorry if old), there are rumors that there will be a Serie A strike.

faridmon

DOBERMAN INC said:
I really hope you lot do well this season. Everton seem like their in the same position as us(Arsenal) trying to punch above their weight in the changing football climate.
The fans are usually really nice and friendly too.
Thanks a lot. I do have a dad who is a Arsenal fan so I do have a soft spot for you lot. Too bad Wengers whining last season killed a lot of love I had for the club.

I still think you guys will do good this season.

RaGe_pt

Labadal said:
Wait, so Dortmund wins the German League but are in pot#4. Why? It makes no sense

In other news (sorry if old), there are rumors that there will be a Serie A strike.

It's because of their international performances I guess. It's all about the points teams have been gathering for some time until now...

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Labadal said:

The pots are determined by UEFA club coefficient (measure of performance in European competition - it's something like 2 points for a win, 1 for a draw, 4 bonus points for CL group stage qualification divided by matches played in Europe).

http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/data/method4/trank2012.html

Dortmund are ranked 65th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom