• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football/Soccer/Fútbol/Fussball/Calcio Thread 2011/12 |OT2| Everyone plays for City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy fuck just saw the Stekelenburg video. When his leg gave a spasm after he went down you could tell it was serious. Poor guy. I hope he recovers for himself and for Roma, as they seriously need a good keeper.

Messi

Bojan-Krkic-sad-face.jpg

Messi

fadetoblack said:
Bojan was terrible the last game. I've not seen Roma-Inter, but if there isn't goals, I wouldn't imagine it's from Bojan's absence.

So he is continuing his "goal scoring" form from barca?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Barca... what a soccergasm.
They're the Super Mario Galaxy of football, if they want.

Click on your phone (Android, iOS or Windows Phone) to download the app

Use this code shown in this image. Under username, post the username you've selected (preferably your GAF one). This code allows it to be hidden from lurkers as you'll need to quote the person to reveal their Kik username.

kbepgy.png

My username: quote this to see.

It's free and we have 9 members from football Gaf already on it.

Fady K

An excellent and highly entertaining performance by Barca today (one-side for 80%+ of the time though). Still noticed that the defense needs improvement, definitely. It's a shame (for us Barca fans) that they tied last time, as this game would have put them ahead of Madrid even if they won tomorrow. (Unless Madrid scores another 6-0/7-1, etc).

MPW said:
yep!

in epl, man utd and city are not beating teams by a great margin! ;)

You are right fellow Madrid fan (seriously). Even with last week with Barcelona tying R.S. and Madrid conceding 2 goals against Getafe, it was a turning point with the whole "La Liga" is a joke idea.

Also, WTH happened to Inter? They were a lot more entertaining than this.

Fady K

Meus Renaissance said:

Use this code shown in this image. Under username, post the username you've selected (preferably your GAF one). This code allows it to be hidden from lurkers as you'll need to quote the person to reveal their Kik username.

kbepgy.png

Sorry for being slow Meus, but would you mind explaining that bit about the username? Wouldn't mind joining.

Carbonox

Ah, Newcastle have Blackburn next weekend. I'm very optimistic about this one. They're performance against Arsenal sounded decent, though they were severely aided by Arsenal's shiteness, it seems. Ben Arfa will be back for that game and hopefully Santon will appear.

Hieberrr

Meus Renaissance said:

[IAMGES]

kbepgy.png

Everyone add me :) Username is the same as my Gaf name.

Bojan's only played the one game. He was good in pre-season though. He could be a great addition to Roma. But I think Roma's main problem is that everyone is so beholden to Totti and his tremendous ego. In theory, it makes perfect sense to have him as the so-called bandiera player who exemplifies what it means to play for Roma. But in practice, it means that you're building your squad around a 34 year old who too often is found butting heads with coaches who are, as a result of the bizarre Roma power dymanic, forced to shoehorn tactics to give this player/manager/president maximum play time. It's insane. Del Piero, on the other hand, is the example of a bandiera player who has given his all for the team but also understands that his role in the team cannot be the same as when he was in his late twenties. Del Piero plays when he is called upon and makes his impact. Totti---he's a great player, but if he loves Roma so much he needs to accept that sometimes what's best for Roma is for him to sit his ass on the bench and wait his turn.

On the other hand, as a Juventus fan, Roma should keep going as they have.

Fady K

Awesome article about how AVB does not care about mind games.

Eurosport said:
Villas-Boas insisted on Friday he would not buckle, saying: "You just have to wait and see how you are provoked and if you need to respond or not. You can react in different ways, and transmit other ideas to the players. The most important thing is for the players to have belief in the manager."
He added: "If the manager concedes to an advantage of that kind, it might look like he is subjective to pressure."

adriano999 said:
Gasperini/Eto'o

Gasperini will not last long at this rate...

Fady K said:
Sorry for being slow Meus, but would you mind explaining that bit about the username? Wouldn't mind joining.

Basically type out the code you see there and add the username you made on Kik where the "username" is. For example "FadyK" If that doesn't make sense, just PM your chosen username and I'll add you to footy gaf. Make it FadyK and use the same avatar here

Hieberrr said:
Everyone add me :) Username is the same as my Gaf name.

Use your Bart avatar okay?

Juve made their call-ups for Sienna tomorrow. No Estigarribia called up yet, and it sounds like it's partly [url="http://www.juventus.com/wps/portal/en/news/17settembre2011_conte_eng/!ut/p/b1/tZLLsqJADIafxQfg0BcFXTb3BuGANiBsKEBUEAQFYeTpx6maWczC3UwWSaXqr_ryJ-Fj_sDHt3Qsz-lQtre0_tXHQoIEstlZOgTADTRAbZfqTGIBdBEf8gcjHyWlp2eFKN6D0yi6tHo-evPQ93JXWCGQkcyNfVpxyRRRXTvGc0UyV0pOfuh2beCk1Uvwou4o1Up4Ey0pqkP3xqhVPy7aeuN3fnW6j6IWLtXVhZWrAixR8V0M6_UZ1YCg6MUs3PudvWWP09jL7dG7ZdNiwZt8XGbN15Q3X-ALr7GAMBQweuflWuCDKgI_3nNPihq4S9GIYl8rIy4nnf8MBhqFpi_4TxWt3p6xaWXJZUxAb7vGQ7qPnirXteOUSXi1jabCrDI9pqty005p4nu63tpticxkssSIZPhQpSPrCTFrdIf1-nUXdVza4mHIzcmoLycOvoY-X00rGBJ7H6HHE95x5ajX5ewiUFT51qU2cuHzWUCOm7bX7CqX793Hf59HZ8IGUM_ViGpvIKDibwH4EATwjtE2BR-9ZWKCANA3EiRAx1sJUN_SjK0kwu894hl_AMtkX706Ol_nXQUmMMwe3PuDBRUf27PBHKbOeyd29pWKoQpeveIBptC5Zx5km8w9BjtfInIy0mf-B_jhr3b4fwE_OYT_HNg1Y7OhnD6-65ksFj8BPFPzZA!!/dl4/d5/L2dBISEvZ0FBIS9nQSEh/?urile=wcm%3apath%3a%2fjuvecom-en%2fnews%2f17settembre2011_conte_eng]problems regarding language and just generally getting settled[/url]. From that article, it also seems plain that Grosso is going to start at LB rather than moving Chiellini over. My money is on either an identical lineup to last week except with Grosso. Goal.com/it/ is claiming that Krasic is going to start on the right with Pepe likely beating Giaccherini on the left, and Matri-Vucinic in the middle. Interesting how that'd work. I still think that Vucinic-Toni (replacing Matri in second half) could be a deadly partnership. Toni, more so than Matri, has an incredible ability to be in the right place at the right time when playing in club games. He can hold up the ball better than Matri, create space from Vucinic, and get on the end of Andrea Pirlo and Lichtsteiner crosses. I hope he actually features more often this year--and certainly more often than Iaquinta.

roma-inter was horrible. inter was defending so deep all game, and took off forlan for a defensive midfielder. were they playing for a draw? at home?

at least the fans booed the shit out of them.

Frank the Great said:
roma-inter was horrible. inter was defending so deep all game, and took off forlan for a defensive midfielder. were they playing for a draw? at home?

at least the fans booed the shit out of them.
Yeah, but muntari wasn't playing as a cdm but as an ATTACKER, we have pazzini on the bench, so why the fuck would you make that substitution? Gasperini......

luckily there's this other, much better team from milan, and they are playing napoli tomorrow. that game is shaping up to be great.

though i am a little worried that prince/ibra/robinho are all hurt . . . i hope aquilani steps up.

bolbronx

Meus Renaissance said:

What is this, if someone doesn't mind explaining?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
both clubs playing like shit, 0-0

MPW wins.

Juve made their call-ups for Sienna tomorrow. No Estigarribia called up yet, and it sounds like it's partly problems regarding language and just generally getting settled. From that article, it also seems plain that Grosso is going to start at LB rather than moving Chiellini over. My money is on either an identical lineup to last week except with Grosso. Goal.com/it/ is claiming that Krasic is going to start on the right with Pepe likely beating Giaccherini on the left, and Matri-Vucinic in the middle. Interesting how that'd work. I still think that Vucinic-Toni (replacing Matri in second half) could be a deadly partnership. Toni, more so than Matri, has an incredible ability to be in the right place at the right time when playing in club games. He can hold up the ball better than Matri, create space from Vucinic, and get on the end of Andrea Pirlo and Lichtsteiner crosses. I hope he actually features more often this year--and certainly more often than Iaquinta.

I don't want to see Pepe on LW again :(

adriano999 said:
Yeah, but muntari wasn't playing as a cdm but as an ATTACKER, we have pazzini on the bench, so why the fuck would you make that substitution? Gasperini......

Yeah I don't get it either. Gasperini confuses me. I mean, on the one hand, he wasn't handed the players for his preferred formation. But when he changed formations and Inter improved tons. But then he does shit like leave Pazzini on the bench and I'm left awestruck. I mean, I dislike Moratti through and through, and this is his mess for hiring him and not keeping Leonardo, but for god's sake Rafa did less stupid things than this.

Rafa. Rafa Benitez. I KNOW!

Edit: @Yurt
16mDh.jpg

He scored. That's all I care about.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
But there's like an 80% chance of a match ending with that scoreline in Serie A matches.

I know you're trolling :p but 0-0 between these two is a rare scoreline.

He scored. That's all I care about.

Yup lol. At least his work ethic is great and defensively he's not that bad.

Why do you think of a "Vucinic - Del Piero" pairing ? I liked them together in preseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom