• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football/Soccer/Fútbol/Fussball Thread 2011/2012 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

omgkitty said:
Oh well unfortunately almost every team would take Alves, but as a human being, he's basically a piece of shit.

tumblr_llz2gaJNEE1qa7wov.gif

omgkitty

Hasphat'sAnts said:
Eh, wasn't like our team was going anywhere. Sucks losing to Inter Milan of all people, but if we won that probably would've bought Van Gaal another month. Blessing in disguise.

I was so mad when Bayern lost that final. My friend, who's an AC Milan fan of all people, was talking shit to me cause I wanted Bayern to win. So stupid. I even had a Bayern t-shirt on. I guess I wasn't anywhere near upset as you were though.

omgkitty said:
I was so mad when Bayern lost that final. My friend, who's an AC Milan fan of all people, was talking shit to me cause I wanted Bayern to win. So stupid. I even had a Bayern t-shirt on. I guess I wasn't anywhere near upset as you were though.

Sheringham, 99. I stopped being upset a looooong time ago.

elsk

Banned
Hasphat'sAnts said:
Eh, wasn't like our team was going anywhere. Sucks losing to Inter Milan of all people, but if we won that probably would've bought Van Gaal another month. Blessing in disguise.

Agreed. Btw, have you seen the pre-season matches? I'm worried about Robben, he doesn't look as awesome as last two seasons. Imo, it may be related to Lahm switching back to left back position :/

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
K1LLER7 said:
philipe coutiniho, anyone know anything about this guy?

he's really average/poor. He was supposedly going to be their answer to Pato but he's no where near as good. he scored one goal last year.

well, of course- inter are enemy #1 and juve are a minnow team that couldn't even make europe this year, but, as you know, Pirlo was at Inter for a years and even though he didn't play for them (at all?) it still wouldn't sting quite as much.

-_- .. fine I'll bite :p
While I agree our team last season was really average in the 2nd half of the season, we still managed to beat all the big teams including yours. I'm actually glad we didn't make it into Europe(first time in 20 years), our management deserved this slap to wake them up and now we're being linked to all sorta players.

You should maybe start worrying about your team though, because you need to replace key players by next year.

Sheringham, 99. I stopped being upset a looooong time ago.

That's nothing, WE LOST TWO CL FINALS IN A ROW :( and one of them to BVB with ex-Juventus players haha !!

omgkitty

elsk said:
Agreed. Btw, have you seen the pre-season matches? I'm worried about Robben, he doesn't look as awesome as last two seasons. Imo, it may be related to Lahm switching back to left back position :/

Robben won't have Lahm making those overlapping runs giving him more space to make plays. Kind of hurts him, but in theory it should help Ribery out.

elsk said:

No I haven't watched any of the pre-season stuff.

Robben's probably just coming off some rust, he'll be fine.

Yurt said:
he's really average/poor. He was supposedly going to be their answer to Pato but he's no where near as good. he scored one goal last year.

He only just turned 19 a month ago, would give him some more time before branding him average/poor even though he hasn't shown too much yet.

omgkitty

Yurt said:
While I agree our team last season was really average in the 2nd half of the season, we still managed to beat all the big teams including yours. I'm actually glad we didn't make it into Europe(first time in 20 years), our management deserved this slap to wake them up and now we're being linked to all sorta players.

You should maybe start worrying about your team though, because you need to replace key players by next year.

Now I am not going to act like I know anything about Juve as I don't watch them, but I was looking through their roster last season and they have the most random group of players on their team I have seen, and waaaaaaay too many players on loan for a supposed top club.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
omgkitty said:
Now I am not going to act like I know anything about Juve as I don't watch them, but I was looking through their roster last season and they have the most random group of players on their team I have seen, and waaaaaaay too many players on loan for a supposed top club.

It was a really average squad yes.

Which brings us to the biggest issue in Juventus right now. Our general manager Giuseppe Marotta is legally mentally retarded :/ He believes in quantity over quality it seems, he loves loaning/buying good players instead of getting 3 or 2 world class players. I'm pretty sure he'll be fired next season if he fails in this transfer window.

K1LLER7

BatmanBatmanBatman said:
He only just turned 19 a month ago, would give him some more time before branding him average/poor even though he hasn't shown too much yet.
True, seems good on fifa, going to buy him for sheffield united.
Turan - Erikson - Coutiniho

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
BatmanBatmanBatman said:

he played 15 games this season and looked really average. Pato was 18 when he scored 15 goals for Milan. And Müller scored 19 goals for Bayern before turning 19!

K1LLER7

omgkitty said:
Don't forget to add Mario Gotze to that lineup.
playing on legendry difficulty with sheffield united, i'm struggling in the PL and to pay the wages lol. if he comes cheap then maybe, otherwise i'll be using marcus bent ;)

Yurt said:
he played 15 games this season and looked really average. Pato was 18 when he scored 15 goals for Milan.

Pato is a striker. Coutinho is a midfielder.

Not to say that wasn't pretty amazing by Pato or that Coutinho had a great season but there has been lots and lots of world class players who didn't bloom until much longer into their careers, I won't be surprised if Coutinho turns out to be a great player in a couple of years. Drogba was not even a regular or had not even signed a pro contract until he was 21 with le mans.

Wessiej

Everybody knows this will be the next somethingsomething. Eriksen, remember his name, in 3 years he will be one of the best players in Europe, playing for Barcelona.

330px-Christian_Eriksen.jpg

K1LLER7

Yurt said:
he played 15 games this season and looked really average. Pato was 18 when he scored 15 goals for Milan. And Müller scored 19 goals for Bayern before turning 19!
Don't watch much Serie A, so I believe you.
How did pato perform last season? in my opinion, he's the best attacking brazilian player in the national team at the moment still 21/22.

^ Not letting him leave sheffield united ;P

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
BatmanBatmanBatman said:
Pato is a striker. Coutinho is a midfielder.

Not to say that wasn't pretty amazing by Pato or that Coutinho had a great season but there has been lots and lots of world class players who didn't bloom until much longer into their careers, I won't be surprised if Coutinho turns out to be a great player in a couple of years. Drogba was not even a regular or had not even signed a pro contract until he was 21 with le mans.

They played him as a striker IIRC. Inter's midfield is packed already lol

How did pato perform last season? in my opinion, he's the best attacking brazilian player in the national team at the moment still 21/22.

Pato is deadly, he played less games than Ibra and Robinho but scored just as much.

Fry

Can't wait for next season. If our best players, which happen to be injury prone, could be fit for more than half of the season, we already have a big chance of top 4.

K1LLER7 said:
Don't be greedy, you have poulsen already ;)

Would you like Poulson? You can have Poulson! In fact, we're doing a Buy one get one free offer this summer on several players! Can I interest you in Philipp Degen or El Zhar as well? How about Milan Jovanovic?

Fry

Dark Machine said:
Would you like Poulson? You can have Poulson! In fact, we're doing a Buy one get one free offer this summer on several players! Can I interest you in Philipp Degen or El Zhar as well? How about Milan Jovanovic?

I'd buy Poulsen off Liverpool if I had the money. He could play in my street team.

Dark Machine said:
Would you like Poulson? You can have Poulson!

He is rumored to here (Copenhagen) and it would be a good player for us to be honest. But the problem is the crazy wages compared to what we can offer, will probably have to take 700% wage cut. Another problem is that we got two great central midfielders so he will either have to ride the bench or play defender, maybe even right back as he started out here as.

RustyO

Verano said:
This thread needs more Chico:
wv72xj.jpg

Kid is pure class, inventive and deadly from five yards. Who else would have the presence of mind and inventiveness to pop the ball up like that and head it into the bottom corner?

Messi eat your heart out.

K1LLER7

Dark Machine said:
haha, I see no value in the market.

^ juve linked with a £15 mil move for berbatov.

BatmanBatmanBatman said:
He is rumored to here (Copenhagen) and it would be a good player for us to be honest. But the problem is the crazy wages compared to what we can offer, will probably have to take 700% wage cut. Another problem is that we got two great central midfielders so he will either have to ride the bench or play defender, maybe even right back as he started out here as.

Well IMO if he has any pride as a footballer he should take the cut and go where he'll actually play games. Because he won't get ANY game time at Liverpool with all the midfielders we have ahead of him, Joe Cole's ahead of him right now, that's how bad he is for us.

Yurt said:
Yeah I remember him playing in the offense. Did you actually watch him play though ? Because I did and I wasn't impressed.

They don't like him in the Inter forums, I think they know more than both of us.

Yes I did and as I already said in the very first post on him, I wasn't impressed either. That was never my point though which was that he still got lots of time to develop into a class player and there has been lots of other players who showed even less than him at that age who turned out to be brilliant footballers and even though he hasn't impressed it's silly to judge him on his goals when he has barely been playing as a forward.

Dark Machine said:
Well IMO if he has any pride as a footballer he should take the cut and go where he'll actually play games. Because he won't get ANY game time at Liverpool with all the midfielders we have ahead of him, Joe Cole's ahead of him right now, that's how bad he is for us.

I agree but he is known for not giving up that easily. Just look at his time in Juventus where he kept on going even though he was completely frozen out of the team at one point.

elfinke

Another ManUTD fan here.

This thread is deadly @ 100 posts per page on an iDevice, but don't stop the gifs! God I love this sport.

Fëanor

Nicolas Leos apparently wants Mexico to participate in every south american competition. Also would like a big Copa America with concacaf teams.

link here.

edit: Man U fan over here.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
BatmanBatmanBatman said:
Yes I did and as I already said in the very first post on him, I wasn't impressed either. That was never my point though which was that he still got lots of time to develop into a class player and there has been lots of other players who showed even less than him at that age who turned out to be brilliant footballers.
definitely.
even though he hasn't impressed it's silly to judge him on his goals when he has barely been playing as a forward.
Many wingers score and assist goals !! His role was more of a second striker I think? according to him at least..but anyway, the point is wherever he played he was rather average performance-wise.

I agree but he is known for not giving up that easily. Just look at his time in Juventus where he kept on going even though he was completely frozen out of the team at one point.

haha oh man Poulson. Sorry Liverpool :( <3 We owe you one.

^ juve linked with a £15 mil move for berbatov.

Yeah I heard about that but it's highly unlikely, because we already have two strikers with similar playing style.

MPW

Real Madrid will face Galatasaray in the 33rd edition of the Santiago Bernabeu Trophy on Wednesday 24 August. Jose Mourinho's side will defend the title they won last year against Peñarol Montevideo.

i expect arda to put on a show!

Yurt said:
haha oh man Poulson. Sorry Liverpool :( <3 We owe you one.

Don't worry, it wasn't your fault, it was Old Uncle Woy, who went waaaay back with Poulson, and still thought he was 23 and could actually run and make a fair tackle...

roy_hodgson_1241266c.jpg

Dark Machine said:
Don't worry, it wasn't your fault, it was Old Uncle Woy, who went waaaay back Poulson, and still thought he was 23 and could actually run and make a fair tackle...

[IMG*]http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/sport/files/2010/07/roy_hodgson_1241266c.jpg[/IMG]

Roy still gets a lot of credit from the management here, he was the one who really set the ground stones for our club and built it up.

From
quDZZ.jpg

To
hYgyf.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom