• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football/Soccer/Fútbol/Fussball Thread 2011/2012 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

Roy rubbing his face was the best.

woy-o.gif

elfinke

BatmanBatmanBatman said:
Roy still gets a lot of credit from the management here, he was the one who really set the ground stones for our club and built it up.

From
[/IMG]http://i.imgur.com/quDZZ.jpg[/IMG]

To
hYgyf.jpg

Is that Gary Busey chasing after Woy Woy?

wav84.jpg

Feorax

Great job on the OP Paul! You can put me down as a fellow LFC fan :).

Doni appears to be having the longest medical in the world...

Looking forward for the guff to file out of this thread and leave it to the diehards.

I could post many City related things, but you can all just look over your shoulder and see us there. :D

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
MPW said:
Real Madrid will face Galatasaray in the 33rd edition of the Santiago Bernabeu Trophy on Wednesday 24 August. Jose Mourinho's side will defend the title they won last year against Peñarol Montevideo.

i expect arda to put on a show!

Come the fuck on MPW, Gala is gonna get murdered. Real Loldrid should invite Pumas (MEX) again for a rematch which Madrid suffered a 1-0 loss to them.

ShogunX

All sorted for the first half of the season -

Liverpool v Sunderland - Anny Road
Liverpool v Bolton - KOP
Liverpool v Wolves - KOP
Liverpool v Norwich - KOP
Liverpool v Swansea - KOP
Liverpool v Man City - KOP
Liverpool v QPR - KOP
Liverpool v Newcastle - KOP

Missing Blackburn and Man Utd. Missed out on Man Utd by 1 credit and couldn't be arsed with the day after Xmas for Blackburn.

Lets do this!!!

Dynoro said:
Put me down for Man Utd (but with a lot of love for Blackburn)
This guy is half awesome!

May be going to a couple of pre season games tomorrow rovers play twice at Morecambe only £9 for both games. Shame there will be no new talent to watch.

Dynoro

Jeff Albertson said:
This guy is half awesome!

May be going to a couple of pre season games tomorrow rovers play twice at Morecambe only £9 for both games. Shame there will be no new talent to watch.
Lots of great memories watching at Ewok Park and not just of cheering on fatboy Dunny :lol

Arjen

Repost from the old topic.

Soooo, i knwo propably no one cares but.. can we ad the Dutch League in the OP this time to? If so put me down for Ajax.

Keio

For a Finer World
I'm getting so stoked for the new season. So much potential for surprises still in the transfer window, and looking forward to the first games of the season.

Please add me to the Newcastle United fans:

That was the moment of last season for me. Amazing comeback to 4-4 from 0-4, an amazing shot by Tiote and to top it off, Harper inexplicably doing an elbow drop on his teammate in the celebration :D

RJT

Letters said:
May the upcoming season rock all over the place!!

edit-

2rfejyv.jpg

How did you guys get Falcao to renew his contract with a bigger release clause? Pinto da Costa must have pictures of him molesting a child or something...

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
RJT said:
How did you guys get Falcao to renew his contract with a bigger release clause? Pinto da Costa must have pictures of him molesting a child or something...

They probably did it to bump up the fee for his inevitable transfer. I still think he will leave this summer. Didn't the chairman say recently that only Hulk was irreplaceable?

besiktas1

Put me for team....
Besiktas :)

e:
This year will be interesting, everyone's going to be too shit scared to bribe anybody, so I can see anyone winning the Turkish League, because I'd put a pound on that in the past 20 years that every season the league was fixed. It's more anyones game if relegations occur (though the penalties are likely to be enforced for the 12/13 season) Galatasaray are a strong favorite to win for me...

As for the English league, I'm a Chelsea fan, Spanish league Real Madrid (just because I hate Barca (read Bouscettes) soo much.)

Bumhead

Banned
Agree on that fix.

Liverpool have bought the right sort of players to get back into that top four even if the individual fee's for most of them are funking ridiculous.

Hixx

Best goal from the best performance of last season in the league? No problem:

the-black-maradona_o_gshv9.gif

Oh! Ooooooh! Ooooooooooohyeeeeeeeeahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

What a day.

WJD

Kermit The Dog said:
My predictions for next year:

1. Chelsea
2. City
3. United
4. Arsenal

Golden Boot: Rooney

I'm going to go with

1. Chelsea
2. United