• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT6| doicare about injuries?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't have access to a TV right now but were the english announcer's acting butthurt and making excuses? i've noticed that they can't handle their superiority complex being threatened.

Manager

Those fans are right. Welcoming back Tevez after what he's done, it's not exactly proving Ferguson wrong when he called City a small club with a small mentality.

I'm among those fans, but as I wrote above, what fucking choices do we have?

The summer window opens up in a couple of months. It would mean that the club would pay him several millions more to relax in Argentina. Is that much better? Those millions are taken from fans' gate receipts.

I'm among those fans, but as I wrote above, what fucking choices do we have?

The summer window opens up in a couple of months. It would mean that the club would pay him several millions more to relax in Argentina. Is that much better? Those millions are taken from fans' gate receipts.

By fans' gate receipts you mean oil billions, yes?

avaya

Still, the shit he has said has been so incredibly disrespectful. A lot of fans think it's a spit in their face if he's allowed to put his shirt on again.

This is amusing because these fans think you have a shirt to be proud of and a club to be respected.

You do not have either of those things and Tevez did not join the club for the "shirt" or history or fans. The fans aren't paying his wages.

Wilbur

Banned
song and diaby are better than him and that's saying something

LOOL WHAT THE FUCK

Didn't watch the games, went to see the muppets and it was awesome, but damn i love AVB for some bizarre reason, I don't know why. :( they can win 2-0 at home.

Song's good but Diaby HAHAHAHAHAHA Ramires isn't a defensive midfielder! He's box to box and has an engine on him that a lot of players don't. Doesn't need to be the most technically gifted, I love watching Ramires bulldoze through people.

And what else have I missed, the fuck. Manager and DC, you're crazy if you'd genuinely welcome Tevez back. Guy's a prick, pure and simple. Shows no respect for anyone associated with the club.

What else? Erm... Schweini is one of the 5 best midfielders in the world. No doubt.

Manager

This is amusing because these fans think you have a shirt to be proud of and a club to be respected.

You do not have either of those things and Tevez did not join the club for the "shirt" or history or fans. The fans aren't paying his wages.

Give me one reason for anyone to pick Arsenal over City.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
3M072.png

Clegg

Drogba was awful again this evening. He had one or two moments of good play but that was about it.

Chelsea need a new striker this summer. I know people are calling for Sturridge to play as a CF but he's infuriatingly selfish. All the best centre forwards are selfish but Sturridge wastes too many opportunities by going it alone.

He's a good player but I think Chelsea need a quality forward to partner him up front.

Manager

Yeah, but don't pretend that the fans' money makes any difference to City's spending on wages or transfer fees. It's all oil money and all from the owner.

Well of course, that's shown in the balance sheet. But without the fans the club is nothing. They still need revenue. That is created from gates, matchday sales, etc. Don't act like the fans opinion doesn't matter, even while a lot of money comes from the owners.

Sloosha

LOOL WHAT THE FUCK

Didn't watch the games, went to see the muppets and it was awesome, but damn i love AVB for some bizarre reason, I don't know why. :( they can win 2-0 at home.

Song's good but Diaby HAHAHAHAHAHA Ramires isn't a defensive midfielder! He's box to box and has an engine on him that a lot of players don't. Doesn't need to be the most technically gifted, I love watching Ramires bulldoze through people.

And what else have I missed, the fuck. Manager and DC, you're crazy if you'd genuinely welcome Tevez back. Guy's a prick, pure and simple. Shows no respect for anyone associated with the club.

What else? Erm... Schweini is one of the 5 best midfielders in the world. No doubt.

If he had any sort of technique composure in front of goal, he'd be a great player.

Fry

Give me one reason for anyone to pick Arsenal over City.

The same City who are out of all competitions and can't keep a lead in the Premier League against the most injury plagued team of the season? Not much different from Arsenal's from last season...

Well of course, that's shown in the balance sheet. But without the fans the club is nothing. They still need revenue. That is created from gates, matchday sales, etc. Don't act like the fans opinion doesn't matter, even while a lot of money comes from the owners.

Yes, say that again when Man City show a £200m loss for the year and matchday revenue is £20m and wages are 150% of revenue. Fans are basically irrelevant at clubs like these, the owner could pay people to attend matches and cheer if he wanted.

Manager

The same City who are out of all competitions and can't keep a lead against the most injury plagued team of the season? Not much different from Arsenal's from last season...

Yes, that City. You think Arsenal have a better view of a succesful next season than City due to... what?

Dibbz

Question for Arsenal fans:

How would you prefer Wenger to approach the replay at Emirates?

Do you think all all hope is lost, rest your XI and just play the youngsters, which could potentially result in another embarrassment...only this time at home?

Or field a strong team, and play for the win, which could risk fatigue and further injury leading up to the league games on the weekend?

Arsenal have no reserves to play, so first team it is. Plus Milan will most likely rest some of their players.

Poor AVB. I like the guy but man Chelsea defending is so funny.

The same City who are out of all competitions and can't keep a lead in the Premier League against the most injury plagued team of the season? Not much different from Arsenal's from last season...

Yet they are still favorites to win premier league and sure of CL football next year again.

Manager

Yes, say that again when Man City show a £200m loss for the year and matchday revenue is £20m and wages are 150% of revenue. Fans are basically irrelevant at clubs like these, the owner could pay people to attend matches and cheer if he wanted.

Have you read up on the FFP? This is a good article regarding City:
http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2011/12/manchester-city-masterplan.html

The revenue must be higher to lower that percentage, and commercial revenue will be vital.

danwarb

Those are some accurate ratings. Meireles and Drogba were awful. Mata Chelsea's best player by miles.

I think of City as The Beverly Hillbillies of football.

Loved that game. Loved the pundits saying Chelsea played well. Good one.

Grim.

Is Daniel Sturridge the greediest player in the league or is that title still held by Jermain Defoe?

A player who has been shit for two seasons, is almost 34 yet gets away with his performances because it's all Fernando's fault.
Sturridge melts my chops. I actually can't like him because he's a ball greedy wee fuck. Sure, I appreciate the goals he's scored, but I can't help but think we'd have scored even more if he just passed a ball now and again. He also has the cheek to moan at anybody else who doesn't pass to him.

Edit: thought Cahill was the best defender tonight.

ShogunX

I would be sad if he did and I'm not sure Rafa would ever go to that poison chalice but if Roman is serious about winning the CL in the next few years there are not many better men to appoint.

Grim.
Best part was Gary Neville telling is how simple it would be for Chelsea to win. Close down Lavezzi and Cavani and stop Maggio making runs and they would win 4 or 5-1. Simple.

Have you read up on the FFP? This is a good article regarding City:
http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2011/12/manchester-city-masterplan.html

The revenue must be higher to lower that percentage, and commercial revenue will be vital.

Yes, and last season Man City had a lower revenue than Spurs despite the larger stadium and plethora of superstar players. You can't just will commercial revenue up out of nothing, it took Man U and Liverpool 20 years of winning titles and trophies to get the massive commercial revenue that they have today. The following these clubs have in Asia is second to none, and that's stuff which doesn't happen overnight.

Honestly if the owner wants to get commercial revenue up he's better off sending people into shops to buy the shirts up and come up with another spurious sponsorship deal for £50m a season to put his name on team's coffee mugs.

Splatt

Looking at the formation Chelsea played, I think Torres is much better suited to it than Drogba. I think Torres would prosper with Mata behind him, just like he did at Liverpool with Gerrard behind him.

ShogunX

Defoe has a much better strike rate than Sturridge tbf.

The Defoe thing is just a dig but as for Sturridge I've seen him get into dangerous positions quite a number of times this season and just fuck it up because he holds onto the ball for far too long.

Wilbur

Banned
AVB needs to look at it and should probably play 4-2-3-1. The problem is the 3; do you play Mata centrally and then be resigned to playing Malouda? or do you play Lampard in the middle but neutralise Mata on the wing?

and we might as well finally get Paulo Ferreira out as well.
Paulo will be here till he's 90.

AVB needs to look at it and should probably play 4-2-3-1. The problem is the 3; do you play Mata centrally and then be resigned to playing Malouda? or do you play Lampard in the middle but neutralise Mata on the wing?
As much as Malouda does my head in, I'd accept having to use him on the wing if Mata played behind the striker.

Sloosha

Grim.

Sturridge melts my chops. I actually can't like him because he's a ball greedy wee fuck. Sure, I appreciate the goals he's scored, but I can't help but think we'd have scored even more if he just passed a ball now and again. He also has the cheek to moan at anybody else who doesn't pass to him.

Edit: thought Cahill was the best defender tonight.

So true. The look of incredulity on his face when Mata didn't pass to him was hilarious - especially when he'd been guilty of the same throughout the match.

We desperately need a new striker though. Can't believe Gary Neville thought Chelsea had a chance of scoring 3 or 4 goals.

Lightning

Banned
So disappointing that chelsea couldn't pull out a better performance. If things continue the PL will have no clubs in the quarter finals of the champions league. Arsenal and Chelsea have let me down...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom