• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT6| doicare about injuries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mubz

Banned
Oh well, atleast 2 goal deficit + away goal is waaaaay better than a 4 goal deficit + 0 away goals.

LOLSENAL

I wouldn't count on AVB getting sacked yet, this can be turned around in the replay.

Your club is festooned with mercenary footballers who are only there for the money. You're not sure if you want one of the better one's returning? Do you realise the irony of your post as an Arabia supporter?

10/10 would read again.
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Vaporizer

Banned
tevez only saying sorry to rescue his football career. should have said sorry ages ago.

he abandoned the team when they needed him most. this move stinks of that cunt kia telling tevez to play for a potential suitor in the summer

Entertaining enough game, pretty woeful defending from both sides though, just that Napoli have a great attack line whilst Chelsea can't score. Still a slight chance for Chelsea at Stamford Bridge though, sorta have the feeling Napoli won't handle the pressure too well. Chelsea would need to recover some form out of nowhere though, don't see that happening but who knows.

Your club is festooned with mercenary footballers who are only there for the money. You're not sure if you want one of the better one's returning? Do you realise the irony of your post as an Arabia supporter?

Even if the others are mercenaries who'd move without a second's thought, none of them have shat on the club, the fans, the staff and their teammates. The only other one who fucks them over on a regular basis is Balotelli to be honest

Clegg

I actually like AVB and think he deserves a chance to bring in the players he wants. But I have a bad feeling that this might be his future.

p45_example.bmp.jpg

Fry

You have just gained a new fan :)

Messi

Fucking chelsea, never betting my avatar on you again. :/ 1-1 would have been fine.

Contact me with the new avatar and ill keep it for the agreed time (1 month) from the date I change it.

Manager

Tevez is a liar and every inch the dog that he deserves to be treated as

Yes. But to what gain?

Mancini has made his mark, gotten respect. Now Tevez is returning. The options would be:

1) Send Tevez back to Argentina and pay him ~£180k a week to play golf (he's been without salary last couple of months)
2) Freeze him out of the starting eleven and play him in the reserves. Will destroy morale in the whole club and no better than 1).
3) Actually let him play

The problem with 3) is that Dzeko, Balotelli and Aguero all deserve to play ahead of Tevez, and as soon as Tevez play it will be disastrous for morale too.

It's completely shit and it will be interesting to see how Mancini will sort this out. According to rumours, the new players (Clichy, Nasri, Dzeko) have very little respect to Tevez since he's been a shithead since they arrived. On the other hand, the older ones want him back and Milner, Lescott, Yaya and Zabaleta have all openly supported his return.

Just found out what Florian Kringe is actually doing at the moment. He's on Football talk shows in German tv.

Kinda feel sorry for him, he has no chance to play like at all and after the winter break we all saw that no one wanted him. I hope he finds a new Bundesliga club, I think he could still do great for a small club. Just like Zidan shows at the moment.

elsk

Banned
I was expecting a 3-0 result, but anyway the Chelsea goal was pure luck.
Great match, Lavezzi and Cavani are awesome, and so is Campagnaro! What a defender!

mubz

Banned
Question for Arsenal fans:

How would you prefer Wenger to approach the replay at Emirates?

Do you think all all hope is lost, rest your XI and just play the youngsters, which could potentially result in another embarrassment...only this time at home?

Or field a strong team, and play for the win, which could risk fatigue and further injury leading up to the league games on the weekend?

dc89

I don't think it will be disastrous Manager. Lescott said the players wanted him back.
Aguero said he wishes the two parties could iron out their differences.
Yaya said he wants Tevez back, but he must say sorry first.

The problem isn't with Tevez the footballer. It's with Tevez the human being. No one could ever question his commitment when on the pitch, even when he was handing transfer requests in left and right.

Welcome him back in to the fold now, I say. He knows he has to put a shift in if he wants to move on. And if it wins us the league...

United get Scholes back and City get last seasons joint Golden Boot winner back?

Clegg

Tevez wouldn't be ready for first team football if he returns to City.

He hasn't played a game in months and I'm not sure how much he's been training either. It would probably be another while before City see his best form.

Vaporizer

Banned

Do you think all all hope is lost, rest your XI and just play the youngsters, which could potentially result in another embarrassment...only this time at home?

Or field a strong team, and play for the win, which could risk fatigue and further injury leading up to the league games on the weekend?

it doesn't matter. we are fucked either way

bud

it wasn't until that middlesbrough game that they lost their first match of the season, iirc.

does anyone still remember walcott's rush against liverpool in the champions league? that was absolutely. sensational. they should've won that fucking game. fucking liverpool!

Manager

I don't think it will be disastrous Manager. Lescott said the players wanted him back.
Aguero said he wishes the two parties could iron out their differences.
Yaya said he wants Tevez back, but he must say sorry first.

The problem isn't with Tevez the footballer. It's with Tevez the human being. No one could ever question his commitment when on the pitch, even when he was handing transfer requests in left and right.

Welcome him back in to the fold now, I say. He knows he has to put a shift in if he wants to move on. And if it wins us the league...

United get Scholes back and City get last seasons joint Golden Boot winner back?

I guess... he seems to be one of the silent types. And it's good that Aguero know him from the Argentinian national team.

Still, the shit he has said has been so incredibly disrespectful. A lot of fans think it's a spit in their face if he's allowed to put his shirt on again.

Yen

it wasn't until that middlesbrough game that they lost their first match of the season, iirc.

does anyone still remember walcott's rush against liverpool in the champions league? that was absolutely. sensational. they should've won that fucking game. fucking liverpool!
Adebeyor had barely finished dancing before we won a penalty (and then the game). :)

Can you IMAGINE the shit storm if Wenger was seen to be accepting defeat before the game by playing the reserves.

Vaporizer

Banned
i remember arsenal being incredible in the 07/08 season.

one of the most painful seasons as an arsenal fan.

firing on all cyclinders.

Then come winter, we lost to spurs. ade and bendter fight. lost to man u, drew at birmingham, gallas had a meltdown and finally babel dived and liverpool knocked us out of ECL.

I don't think i have ever recovered from that season

avaya

one of the most painful seasons as an arsenal fan.

firing on all cyclinders.

Then come winter, we lost to spurs. ade and bendter fight. lost to man u, drew at birmingham, gallas had a meltdown and finally babel dived and liverpool knocked us out of ECL.

I don't think i have ever recovered from that season

Then we made no effort to keep Flamini and replaced him with Song. Cementing our cycle of doom.

Anderson

Won my bet but feel for chelsea, was one of their better games but napoli were cynical when the defense made mistakes

They got more chance of qualifying than us. Its sad to see how badly the PL teams have done in the CL this season

I guess... he seems to be one of the silent types. And it's good that Aguero know him from the Argentinian national team.

Still, the shit he has said has been so incredibly disrespectful. A lot of fans think it's a spit in their face if he's allowed to put his shirt on again.

Those fans are right. Welcoming back Tevez after what he's done, it's not exactly proving Ferguson wrong when he called City a small club with a small mentality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom