• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

m0t0k1

Lol hope uefa keeps it this way.

grouphn2kgl.jpg

Clegg

For all the quality Barca possesses, they're pathetically dependant on Messi. Yes he's one of the greatest ever, but that team also possesses some of the best players of its generation in Xavi and Iniesta. This happened last season too and they haven't learned.

cremino

I think we better take the last game seriously. Napoli is in bad form now which is to our advantage but you never know when they might start playing good again, and if they were to do that in the next game we can be in trouble. They can be a dangerous beast at home.

And Hamsik will return after the an injury

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Horrible match from everyone except neymar, we looked a lot like we did against Bayern last season.

cremino

For all the quality Barca possesses, they're pathetically dependant on Messi. Yes he's one of the greatest ever, but that team also possesses some of the best players of its generation in Xavi and Iniesta. This happened last season too and they haven't learned.

Or rather the coach can't find a solution...their style seems more direct this season tough

Error

Xavi is 33 soon to be 34, it's not the same anymore. Iniesta has been pretty shit this season.

pulga

Banned
5IXoQEA.gif

Thanks for the 50m xoxo

Horrible match from everyone except neymar, we looked a lot like we did against Bayern last season.

looool neymar couldn't get past the ajax defense on countless occassions

when he did, he bottled it

but since he dived for the nonexistant pen i guess that makes it a good match in barca dna standards

Error

Iniesta is so overrated by the spanish press. I think his style does more harm than good nowadays, he holds the ball way too much. I much prefer Cesc to him, but Cesc has to sacrifice playing at midfield so the coach accomodates Iniesta and Xavi, just to get overrunned by a team that pressures aggresively like Bayern last season and Ajax today.

Lightning

Banned
Might not be necessary with the right rotation.

City is a big, big game. Can't be throwing points away to the big teams again this season.
Away to Napoli on Wednesday, Away to City on Saturday. I think that will prove too hard on our squad. Luckily after that we get about 8 days to recharge but that City game will be a disaster I feel.

Kenka

Oh we will, but I believe in Atletico! Simeone pls.

:D

I have become a Simeoner too. I can't believe neither he nor Cunte got nominated for best trainer this year.

Also, it's amazing that Xavi can stay on the pitch at this level while he is two years older than Federer.

Kosma

Banned
Im suprised Barca wasnt able to break Ajax 11 vs 10.

That first half was some of the best football Ajax has played in a decade.

Scum

Iniesta is so overrated by the spanish press. I think his style does more harm than good nowadays, he holds the ball way too much. I much prefer Cesc to him, but Cesc has to sacrifice playing at midfield so the coach accomodates Iniesta and Xavi, just to get overrunned by a team that pressures aggresively like Bayern last season and Ajax today.

--------- Soldado ----------
Neymar --- Messi --- Alexis/Pedro
----- Cesc ----- Bisquits -----

Elchele

Really enjoyed Dortmund vs. Napoli today, best football.

They would need someone like Thiago to turn this around :D

Error

Im suprised Barca wasnt able to break Ajax 11 vs 10.

That first half was some of the best football Ajax has played in a decade.
We couldn't break the wall because this squad is so goddamn homogeneous. The coach simply has no player that can offer a plan B, every single player we have is similar to another.

Scum said:
--------- Soldado ----------
Neymar --- Messi --- Alexis/Pedro
----- Cesc ----- Bisquits -----
I think the 4-2-3-1 would suit this team a lot more, but tradition 4-3-3 blah blah blah

tri_willy

Fuck the haters. Balo is back, baby.

Who was the cunt who made the bet against Milan? Uh uh uhhh! How does it feel, bro?

well played milan, proved me wrong indeed. prove me wrong in serie a you fucks

fuck barcelona you fucking animal cunts, did anyone make the call on ajax over barse?

Top Bottom