• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Hmm...even the Guardian are running with the 'AVB on the brink' story.

If we did decide to get rid, who could we get instead? I can't think of many decent managers who'd be available. Bielsa maybe but he's just the same as AVB.

Zabojnik

If we did decide to get rid, who could we get instead? I can't think of many decent managers who'd be available. Bielsa maybe but he's just the same as AVB.

There is only one correct answer.

Zdenek+Zeman+Calcio+Catania+v+Roma+Serie+2FXQ-AgYv_Nl.jpg

#YOLO

You want to do a switcharoo for Spalletti?

Very tense match, we should have scored so many goals. Lewandowski and Reus really need to find their finishing skills again...Also, that naughty tackle by Albiol should have been a straight red.

I guess we're in a good position to go through, Marseille is beatable. Arsenal will get quite the challenge in Napoli and they can't afford to lose, so Wenger won't play a team of 12-year-olds/shit players like in 2011. And if Arsenal wins, we can even lose against Marseille.

Kosma

Banned
We couldn't break the wall because this squad is so goddamn homogeneous. The coach simply has no player that can offer a plan B, every single player we have is similar

Yeah you could use at least one player on the bench thats not "barca" style.

Some ice breaker.

Then again attrackting a good enough player for barca just to warm the bench 90% of the time... Seems very hard.

pulga

Banned

You should sign Gareth Bale

Lightning

Banned
Very tense match, we should have scored so many goals. Lewandowski and Reus really need to find their finishing skills again...Also, that naughty tackle by Albiol should have been a straight red.

I guess we're in a good position to go through, Marseille is beatable. Arsenal will get quite the challenge in Napoli and they can't afford to lose, so Wenger won't play a team of 12-year-olds/shit players like in 2011. And if Arsenal wins, we can even lose against Marseille.
We can afford to lose but it will cost us top spot if we do. Napoli need to beat us by 3 goals to put us out.

Elchele

Thomas Schaaf is the only good answer.

Lightning

Banned
Oh, right. But still, Wenger would be insane to risk this. 1-0 for Napoli and hell will break lose in the stadium.
We need a draw at least. We must finish top of the group, I can't see Wenger resting many players here.

We will likely take the same approach that we took to the Dortmund away game.

tri_willy

AVB losing his job in November after £100m spent would be a sorry state of affairs.

Can't imagine Levy is that stupid.

funnier things have happened. like how liverpool choked on 100 million on purchases... imagine if we had that purchasing power now hnnnnggggggg!!! carroll + downing = i cry everytime

Clegg

I have to keep my PS3 for Persona 5. Shame it won't be localised until 2015.

Just hope the soundtrack is as good as P4.

Feorax

AVB losing his job in November after £100m spent would be a sorry state of affairs.

Can't imagine Levy is that stupid.

I would hope he's not that stupid. The issues with Spurs' squad is far more than just AVB's fault, sacking him now would be pointless at best, and badly damaging at worst, unless he's lost the dressing room.

Bender broke his nose after like 15 minutes today, didn't give a shit and kept on playing. The guy is a fucking legend.

Also, the story with the fan shop shirt isn't completely true. They wanted to take one of those but because it was missing Uefa's "respect" badge, he couldn't use it.

Wessiej

Any news on the Ajax fan? It's so sad.

It happened on the other side of the stadium, didnt see him fall, saw a picture of it. Man has severe wounds on his head/fracture, he isn't in a good condition. Everyone was in shock, don't have updates yet...there were rumours he was dead, but thank god nobody confirmed that.

Barzul

We're gonna smash the fuck out of Napoli, remember the first game? They coulod barely keep up with our pace and this time we'll be even better.

Salvadora

You know how I thought we needed a new keeper to replace Szczesny? I was wrong.
He excels in the departments which often go unnoticed.

Maybe he doesn't make the (overly) dramatic saves that De Gea makes, but his distribution is top class. It is a major component of the way we play.
Maybe if he didn't have a fucking arm on his throat it would be easier to judge who pulled who.
Self-defence, innit.

We're gonna smash the fuck out of Napoli, remember the first game? They coulod barely keep up with our pace and this time we'll be even better.

Napoli at home is a whole lot of different. I read something that they only won 2 of their away matches in the CL or something crazy like that. But well, I guess we could/should have won in Napoli, too, if Weidenfeller hadn't gotten the red card and Hummels hadn't injured himself...

Barzul

Can't afford to come second in this group. Knowing our luck we'll probably get paired with Bayern if that happens. I want as easy a ride as we can get to the quarters. So Zenit, Olympiacos or Milan please!

I know they are shit right now because of Keller, but why do their management keep him as coach for so long? it doesn't make sense

Because the management is just as shit.

Remember when they fired Slomka who was arguably doing the best job there since 1997 or something? Crazy.

Lightning

Banned
Napoli at home is a whole lot of different. I read something that they only won 2 of their away matches in the CL or something crazy like that. But well, I guess we could/should have won in Napoli, too, if Weidenfeller hadn't gotten the red card and Hummels hadn't injured himself...
Napoli's defence is dodgy so if we can keep our defensive shape we should be able to score. They hardly keep clean sheets in the CL.

Can't afford to come second in this group. Knowing our luck we'll probably get paired with Bayern if that happens. I want as easy a ride as we can get to the quarters. So Zenit, Olympiacos or Milan please!

I heard Bayern couldn't train today because there was chaos in Russia. Would be hilarious if Bayern lost and City would win the group just for Arsenal to draw Bayern.

Also, what kind of shit is "I want it as easy as we can" please? CL is all about the big matches. I'd rather lose against Barca than play against some shit side just to get to the next round.

Top Bottom