• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegoArmo

He prefers to play there, but defensive mid is a nominal term anyway. Carrick's capable of doing that, both of them would just be 'centre midfielders'

He might prefer it, but I don't think he's particularly good at it, he's just a massive unit, not mobile enough for me.

Arnie

Lasagne in the oven.

Graduation tomorrow.

And Moyes still hasn't fucking done anything (but lose).

What score's Everton?

pulga

Banned
With all of City's moneybags, I just think they could've done way, way better than Negredo.

He's average as fuck. Higuain would've been a better buy.

SOMEONE BUY HIGUAIN

Tc91

You tell them too. TELL THEM.

ib2J8g8Mb0F9Ru.gif

The keeper LOOOOOOOL

Lasagne in the oven.

Graduation tomorrow.

And Moyes still hasn't fucking done anything (but lose).

What score's Everton?

3-1 Everton

Wilbur

Banned
He can be a ball winning CM.

He might prefer it, but I don't think he's particularly good at it, he's just a massive unit, not mobile enough for me.

I don't think he's incredibly mobile but he's dynamic and if we managed to get a player like Cesc I wouldn't have a problem with it. Been generally quite great for Everton the last few seasons barring when he's been angling for a move and his head's been elsewhere.

Gabrielle Marcotti says today's leaks came from Rooney's agent.

In other aimless speculation, no Baines at all in Everton's friendly tonight...Wooders, do it.

Salvadora

With all of City's moneybags, I just think they could've done way, way better than Negredo.

He's average as fuck. Higuain would've been a better buy.

SOMEONE BUY HIGUAIN
Sell Higuain. By all accounts Madrid are the problem.

(´°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥ω°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥`)

Quiche said you got relegated without me lmao

Minja Power

Last game, we need a win. Quiche gets two red cards in the first half.

I get angry, get a red at the start of the second.

No idea how it went on from there, but I assumed Quiche, Kyoufu and Qindarka weren't exactly about to turn that one around with their 8 players.

fuenf

Haha, the cut scenes are definitely over the top. The ones with EVA are completely absurd.. but they're just so fun in a campy, Bond-esque way. The gameplay though in MGS3 is just sublime. I loved the camo system.. definitely makes for some very interesting stealth.

CQC takes some definite getting used to.

I can see why it was great back then, but with 3rd person games like Uncharted, TR and TLoU it just plays like 10 year old game. :/

Lightning

Banned
Giroud seems to be having a very good pre-season. Hope he manages to sustain this into the season.
Against opposition who can't defend, mark or anything. This form is nothing, just a glorified training session.

Emirates cup and the friendlies against proper opposition will be the test on Giroud's form.

Hixx

Last game, we need a win. Quiche gets two red cards in the first half.

I get angry, get a red at the start of the second.

No idea how it went on from there, but I assumed Quiche, Kyoufu and Qindarka weren't exactly about to turn that one around with their 8 players.

Sounds pretty normal.

Salvadora

Giroud seems to be having a very good pre-season. Hope he manages to sustain this into the season.

The goals he's scoring are absolute top drawer, but he still has that Gervinho-like 'Bambi on ice' thing going on. I'm never wholly confident in Giroud.

He goes from world beaters, to well, pub league stuff.

The goals he's scoring are absolute top drawer, but he still has that Gervinho-like 'Bambi on ice' thing going on. I'm never wholly confident in Giroud.

He goes from world beaters, to well, pub league stuff.

He strikes the ball very cleanly.

But his technique is very inconsistent.

Arnie

£20 million cash isn't a bad opening bid, in fact it's quite reasonable. As I've said before Rooney's value is between £25-30 million, and with Moyes admitting to the public that Rooney's but a backup to Van Persie, the club don't really have much of a leg to stand on.

You can't demand over the odds for a player who you've declared to be a substitute, and wants out after a middling season.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I can't believe you been badgering me since I got in then when I can play you have fucked off to PS3 fuck you keith we do not want you

Cola, Wooden, Qin LETS GO

Oh the ps3 version, gimme a sec Quiche ill hop on

£20 million cash isn't a bad opening bid, in fact it's quite reasonable. As I've said before Rooney's value is between £25-30 million, and with Moyes admitting to the public that Rooney's but a backup to Van Persie, the club don't really have much of a leg to stand on.

You can't demand over the odds for a player who you've declared to be a substitute, and wants out after a middling season.

Ok let's do this Arnold:

Moyes: "I think Rooney's got a major role to play because we need to try and get as many goals as we possibly can. I think Wayne can play up-top he can play dropped in. Overall my thought on him is he’ll be key. If for any reason we had an injury to Robin we are going to need Rooney. I want to be able to play the two of them. I want to be able to use Danny Welbeck, Chicarito as well. The first year I have to get a chance to see & how best to use them. It’s a chance for me to get Wayne right back to where he was. That's the challenge and a challenge I want to take on."

Now come back and tell me where it says he wants to use Rooney as a bench player. Go ahead I'll wait.

Clegg

Can't wait till Woody gets home. Gonna be meltdowns no matter what happens.

Is it for Cesc or is it for Garay?

Meltdown for Garay would be better.

But won't be as good as the Redcafe meltdown if it's Fellaini.

Giggzy

Did you read the full article? Moyes clearly said he wants to play the two together. The part about needing rooney if rvp gets injured is taken out of context. Obviously Wayne becomes way more critical if our other top striker gets injured.

Edit: beaten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom