• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

It could backfire horribly and we'd end up like Liverpool, a laughing stock.

D7zCyCa.gif

Who are the only team from the top 7 not to win a trophy in the past 8 years?

Salvadora

Behind RVP the best striker and attacking option in the PL. There is nothing to think about...

There is only up and up. Obviously won't happen but without question the best player we could hope to sign.

He could bring the club into disrepute with his actions.

I don't deny his talent at all, but it's something to consider.

D7zCyCa.gif

Who are the only team from the top 7 not to win a trophy in the past 8 years?
Your club has been dragged through the mud for Suarez.

Forgive me if I don't wish the same on my own.

jtb

Banned
Wenger hates spending money and has also grown a recent distaste towards winning as well. Don't see him going to PSG.

jtb

Banned
He could bring the club into disrepute with his actions.

I don't deny his talent at all, but it's something to consider.

I'd take Rooney over Suarez, honestly. They're both pretty inconsistent finishers, but if we're going to take a player with a shit attitude, I value Rooney's experience at winning things very highly.

Clegg

Men who have to "hold on" piss me off.

Every single male who is balding or receding would instantly look better with it shaved. Stop fucking about, blokes.

He had a shaved head a couple of seasons ago. Looks better than the monstrosity he has right now.

Wayne-Rooney-001.jpg

Salvadora

I'd take Rooney over Suarez, honestly. They're both pretty inconsistent finishers, but if we're going to take a player with a shit attitude, I value Rooney's experience at winning things very highly.
Me too, easily.

I just have a nightmare of Suarez doing something so beyond the pale, and getting a long-term ban. We would end up going trophyless despite spending £40m.

It's just something to consider, but I think I'd still take the risk.
Exactly. Most Arsenal fans from this thread love to belittle Liverpool, but their club is much more of a laugh stock and almost a nonentity these days.
We haven't reached the 'languishing in mid-table with no chance of European football' stage yet.

But get back to me when we do.

L1NETT

Arsenal aren;t a laughing stock.

More of a Russell Howard laughing stock. SOme people laugh at them, but I am not sure why.

Exactly. Most Arsenal fans from this thread love to belittle Liverpool, but their club is much more of a laugh stock and almost a nonentity these days.

Lol. When was the last time the mighty Liverpool won the league?

Look the league table's, Arsenal aren't a laughing stock. Your laughter is misplaced!!! :p

jtb

Banned

the fact that you had to go all the way down to "top 7" says everything you need to know about Liverpool ;)

GorillaJu

Man I hate those nights when you're trying so hard to fall asleep but your body just isn't having it. Even worse is the morning when you wake up after only nabbing 4 hours, feeling like you're going to be sick.

Fry

the fact that you had to go all the way down to "top 7" says everything you need to know about Liverpool ;)

Every club in the league have had their phase of being years out of the title race, it's no big deal.

I'm pretty sure Liverpool will fix that.

Walshy

Wenger is never going PSG. He'll retire at Arsenal. Blanc will stay for two years, Leonardo will take over after.
Leonardo left PSG yesterday didn't he? I don't think Wenger going to PSG isn't possible either, especially if he wins a trophy at Arsenal this season.

I don't. What would he have to gain at PSG, he clearly loves it here.
Good point but maybe he would like to end his managerial career in his home country, however Arsenal is probably his 'home' now anyway.

You're my new favorite poster.
Why thank you.

Tc91

The Mirror linking us with a £60m move for Bale saying that's why Edward Woodward has returned to England.

Are the papers just going to link us with everyone so they can get it right?

Meier

What's wrong with Fellaini? I know he's a cunt, but what a talented cunt he is. United should be all over him.

He had a bit of a Wanyama type season last year in that there was a window of time where everyone would have killed to have him on their team and then he came back to earth a bit after that. His game against United was absolutely glorious. Just complete and utter decimation of their team.

I think he'd be a fantastic buy for them and would fit their needs quite nicely. I hope they don't sign him.

jtb

Banned
Rooney is a very good finisher. Wouldn't say he was inconsistent in that regard at all.

I dunno, Rooney strikes me as a very streaky player. he'll go 10 games without scoring, and then be lethal for another 10 games. Maybe not an inconsistent finisher, just inconsistent in general.

Man I hate those nights when you're trying so hard to fall asleep but your body just isn't having it. Even worse is the morning when you wake up after only nabbing 4 hours, feeling like you're going to be sick.

try melatonin? I've been taking it lately and it's helped me fall asleep quickly and just get better quality sleep in general. (especially since I can time my alarm better w/ my sleep cycle now that I know I can reliably fall asleep within 5-10 minutes). I have no idea if it's a placebo, but it's over the counter... so... worth a shot?

ShogunX

The only thing you lot will be taking next season is an early Champions league exit followed by a late push for fourth after being knocked out by a lower league teams in both domestic cups.

Just like us Arsenal will be largely making up the numbers next season.

jtb

Banned
The only thing you lot will be taking next season is an early Champions league exit followed by a late push for fourth after being knocked out by a lower league teams in both domestic cups.

Just like us Arsenal will be largely making up the numbers next season.

It doesn't take much (squad-wise) to win either domestic cup. The reason we've struggled with them is the ridiculous lack of depth (and shit attitudes all around). I'd say Liverpool are just as equipped as Arsenal are to make a run in the cups and win something.

Will it happen? I doubt it, in Arsenal's case; but that's not because we can't, that's just because Wenger seems to prioritize losing in Europe over winning a trophy. I'm not sure how smart that is but that's just the way Wenger is.

Liverpool might though. No European distractions = full strength teams in the cups.

Feorax

Madrid value Higuain at £37m, but won't pay more than £25m for Suaez.

Stupid fucker should never have agreed a 4 year deal. I highly doubt we'll sell this summr if these are the kind of offers we'll get.

Is it only shit players online who send messages to the tune of 'fucking nooooooooooooooob'?

@Sleepless, couldn;t believe all 4 of those bullets missed when you killed me, you were like that woman in MGS2 with the bullet-altering power :p

That'll teach me for trying to get close enough to shiv you lol

Body armour should be ineffective within 5 yards. Sprinting through a hail of bullets to melee someone should not be a legitimate strategy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom