• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I was considering it since I haven't actually seen United play under Van Gaal yet, but that was when I thought it started at 12:30am instead of 1:30am. But then again, it is against Liverpool...

If you can catch all the first halves on youtube I would, maybe you have but we are playing, at times, some wonderful stuff.

Barzul

BuOY-VjCEAAfh8f.jpg

Usmanov has spoken.

Arnie

Ypres Arnold?

And yeah Viva we did a similar trip. Eerie as anything. Never will forget when we went to Verdun
That's the one.

Would like to say that it hit me hard and really made an impact but we were a gaggle of 13 year old mates going abroad without our parents for the first ever time and I don't really think the occasion properly sunk in.

Money permitting ill probably go back at some point in my life.

Salvadora

By all accounts, Usmanov is a fan of the club.

Despite his seedy past, including time in a Soviet prison, it would be interesting to see Arsenal with him in control.

Although I'm not sure why he's speaking publicly considering he doesn't control the club.

RiggyRob

If you can catch all the first halves on youtube I would, maybe you have but we are playing, at times, some wonderful stuff.

I have seen the highlights of most of the games, just haven't seen any of them live.

A small part of me wants to stay up til 3am for the game and then watch the Hyrule Warriors Direct, but that's insanity when I'm supposed to wake up at 8am.

Walshy

Mirror are saying Swansea are ready to drop Bony's price from his £19m clause.

Would have him for £10-15m.

Arnie

Mirror are saying Swansea are ready to drop Bony's price from his £19m clause.

Would have him for £10-15m.
Aye, same.

Straight swap for Borini money wise would be top.

Can't see Swansea biting. And the Mirror have written a river of shit this summer. Mississippi of bollocks.

jtb

Banned
By all accounts, Usmanov is a fan of the club.

Despite his seedy past, including time in a Soviet prison, it would be interesting to see Arsenal with him in control.

Although I'm not sure why he's speaking publicly considering he doesn't control the club.

He's been angling to be a majority shareholder for a while iirc, probably doing this so he can go through the usual talking points about ambition, pumping money in the club, etc., get the fans on his side.

also "breaking his silence"? pretty sure he issued some kind of statement when Wenger sold RVP. would rather someone ask him about the shady shit he did in the past rather than Arsenal but whatever.

Salvadora

He's been angling to be a majority shareholder for a while iirc, probably doing this so he can go through the usual talking points about ambition, pumping money in the club, etc., get the fans on his side.

also "breaking his silence"? pretty sure he issued some kind of statement when Wenger sold RVP. would rather someone ask him about the shady shit he did in the past rather than Arsenal but whatever.
In a post-Wenger world, he could be a useful asset.

Not sure what the deal with Kroenke is, really.

The power structure at Arsenal is a bit of an enigma. And yeah, Usmanov criticised the club management for selling RvP and has at other times I believe.
Sam ‏@samuelJayC 3m
Arsenal's interest in Khedira has faded due to wages & poor injury-record. Carvalho main target, say @TeleFootball.
Aye, poor injury record has really deterred us before.

Barzul

Abramovich had a shady past too. He still led Chelsea on the path to becoming a super club and helped them achieve self sufficiency. They still need the stadium to match it though.

Walshy

Aye, same.

Straight swap for Borini money wise would be top.

Can't see Swansea biting. And the Mirror have written a river of shit this summer. Mississippi of bollocks.
Bony as a straight replacement for Borini would be great. Borini can't really play lone striker, he's not going to get any playing time.

Echo is also saying new contracts for Coutinho, Suso, Flanagan and Gerrard.

sohois

Feels a little strange seeing people suddenly accepting of Bony at up to £15mil when £4million is absolutely nothing these days and especially in the context of Liverpool's transfer window thus far.

Still, I've kind of come around to Bony as well despite being fiercely against it before. I'd imagine the sheer lack of alternatives is a big part - I was trawling through the various European leagues for any kind of striker and there really is literally no one.

A handful of established but journeymen strikers in the French and German leagues, youngsters who aren't good enough relative to Borini to bother, and gambles on injured players like Rossi and Benteke.

The only option who really seemed like a better option then Bony was Seydou Doumbia - whatever happened to the rumours surrounding him? I presume there must be some age related shenanigans for no one to have made a move for him yet.

Barzul

Matt Law says Sami's injury record has scared us away and we see Big Willy as a cheaper, younger alternative.

Says Sami wants four-year contract worth £150,000-a-week

" Sources in Portugal believe Carvalho could be allowed to leave for £24 million and the 22-year-old is believed to be one of the lowest-paid big-name players in Europe."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...r-50m-move-for-Real-Madrids-Sami-Khedira.html

I feel like he just took twitter rumors and wrote an article on it. There's nothing in there we didn't already know.

jtb

Banned
it's too bad the Schneiderlin links have gone cold. he's clearly for sale and he's what we need.

omgkitty

it's too bad the Schneiderlin links have gone cold. he's clearly for sale and he's what we need.

Honestly starting to think we were never interested. Still have a month to go though, so you never know who we'll end up with.

Jarnet87

Carvalho vs Cleverly or Fletcher. what a battle. Well there goes a guaranteed 3 points against Arsenal once a year.

Jarnet87

Wonder if the game being a final changes van Gaals thinking with substitutions. He's talked about cutting players right after the tour, maybe his mind is made up for the most part and we see only a couple subs.

Pennywise

We never seem to able to decide where to meet

We live all over the shop

Fuenf lives in the town where my university is located and I could easily drive to Bla, he's not that far away.
We could easily reach belgium and the netherlands from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom