• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reus said in today's Kicker interview that he didn't see Götze walking around with a Reus shirt after the game was over because he was already sleeping.

He didn't watch Germany lift the trophy. Because he couldn't.

Reus in peace, Marco

omgkitty

10522610_480014448767950_5898794982840686163_n.jpg

jtb

Banned
you can sub 6 (?) players in the Community Shield, right? would love for Wenger to do a half with Chesney in goal, half with Ospina in goal, assuming he's fit by then

Hixx

"The Black Cats boss is “expecting good things” to happen this week, and was in talks with Rodwell last night to seal a cut-price £6million deal with Manchester City."

I'll believe this as it suits me.

Borini looks like a no-go. Sorry Liverpool fans.

I met PrematureQuiche once, he came to Copenhagen to watch the best team in the world with me.

I think I have seen WJD's penis more at this point. Wilburs anus however... That is the scary part.

You should get tickets for a Champions League game if you get that far and I'll come again :p

Arnie

"The Black Cats boss is “expecting good things” to happen this week, and was in talks with Rodwell last night to seal a cut-price £6million deal with Manchester City."

I'll believe this as it suits me.

Borini looks like a no-go. Sorry Liverpool fans.
Where've you read that?

Guardian we're saying he's due to decide at the weekend and Liverpool have made it clear we'd rather he left.

It isn't a disaster if he stays but I'd rather have the money.

Lightning

Banned
Looks like things starting to heat up regarding Carvalho. He's young but I don't know enough about him. Has to be an improvement on Arteta surely?

Hixx

Where've you read that?

Guardian we're saying he's due to decide at the weekend and Liverpool have made it clear we'd rather he left.

It isn't a disaster if he stays but I'd rather have the money.

Two of the more respectable North-East journos say he's still not interested and he's been given a deadline of tomorrow/Wednesday depending on which journo it is.

Plus he tweeted some waffle about never giving up on your dreams tonight. If he does reject us (and like I say, fully believe he will from the talk) I'd fucking love it if he was left out of the CL squad.

I knoW Wes told us not to post stuff from the whatsapp... But Wilbur just informed us all that Dean threatened Lloyd with a fork today, after throwing him into a wall. Dean must be stopped, before he hurts someone.

You should get tickets for a Champions League game if you get that far and I'll come again :p

We won't... So there's that.

Salvadora

Looks like things starting to heat up regarding Carvalho. He's young but I don't know enough about him. Has to be an improvement on Arteta surely?
Heard some people say that he's slow.

Don't know enough about him, to be honest.

Salazar is your expert on that front.

I knoW Wes told us not to post stuff from the whatsapp... But Wilbur just informed us all that Dean threatened Lloyd with a fork today, after throwing him into a wall. Dean must be stopped, before he hurts someone.

Boooooo. You should come over for a Chelsea game.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Just heard a rendition of Hey Ya where when it gets to the bit where he says "Alright alright now ladies" it just keeps going "Alright Arlight Alright Alright" ad infinitum, im in tears of laughter and I shouldnt be, this is hilarious.

Hixx

The Last of Us withdrawals will do that to people.

I hate to imagine the kind of rampages Bla is reaping across Germany just because he can't vent his FIFA rage to us.

No mediocre looking Asians are safe.

Tubie

di Maria still in Madrid, there's still hope for La Undecima.

LVG should buy him last day of the market.

jtb

Banned

DEAN rates him apparently, so there's your first red flag

Portugal + third party ownership = lots of hype, super inflated fees. Some turn good, some don't. but I wouldn't be surprised if Wenger has to polish him up before he's really worth his fee. and he's completely missed our pre-season so if he's not ready, now, he's going to be that much further behind in terms of getting on the same wavelength as the rest of the team.

di Maria still in Madrid, there's still hope for La Undecima.

LVG should buy him last day of the market.

probably out of our price range, but I'd love to get Di Maria

Arnie

FEEL THE PAIN

No he isn't.

Salazar is gooey eyed because it was the first major muppetry link. Watching fluffy YouTube clips. Lad's an oaf.

On Carvalho if he gets the deal he's been craving for months then his agent deserves a fucking windfall. Been shopping his client around the tabloids for months, desperate for someone to nibble.

There's a reason "the cheapest top young player in Europe" hasn't been picked up when we're well into August.

Even more jarring when you realise the agent's been pimping his name about the press since April.

Victo Wanyana 2.0. And Southampton can afford the fee. Have a bang on that.

jtb

Banned
FEEL THE PAIN

No he isn't.

Salazar is gooey eyed because it was the first major muppetry link. Watching fluffy YouTube clips. Lad's an oaf.

On Carvalho if he gets the deal he's been craving for months then his agent deserves a fucking windfall. Been shopping his client around the tabloids for months, desperate for someone to nibble.

There's a reason "the cheapest top young player in Europe" hasn't been picked up when we're well into August.

Even more jarring when you realise the agent's been pimping his name about the press since April.

I can see it.

LTWheels

Ha so apparently LVG was going to be Liverpool's sporting director until Brendan told John Henry that he wouldn't work under one.

Salvadora

DEAN rates him apparently, so there's your first red flag

Portugal + third party ownership = lots of hype, super inflated fees. Some turn good, some don't. but I wouldn't be surprised if Wenger has to polish him up before he's really worth his fee. and he's completely missed our pre-season so if he's not ready, now, he's going to be that much further behind in terms of getting on the same wavelength as the rest of the team.
What have you got against Freewheelin'?

The transfer fee would, in my mind, be bigger than Sanchez/Ozil when put in context.

Just seems like such an un-Arsenal signing. Portugal + Jorge Mendes has Chelsea/United written all over it.
No he isn't.

Fuck me, Arnie.

That comparison to Victor Wanyama hits hard.

Randdalf

Was at the Portsmouth Charlton friendly at the weekend. We lost 2-1, and were quite poor early on, but it's a pretty good sign for the season ahead when you're bossing around a Championship team for the entire second half (and perhaps an ominous one for Charlton).

3Sixty

Was at the Portsmouth Charlton friendly at the weekend. We lost 2-1, and were quite poor early on, but it's a pretty good sign for the season ahead when you're bossing around a Championship team for the entire second half (and perhaps an ominous one for Charlton).

You're like 1st or 2nd favs to win the league this season. I think that is pretty cray, you were alright after you sacked that bellend though.

Made any good signings?

3Sixty

Even the most hunger-driven crow will avoid a rotten carcas.

Nobody's nibbling on that cunt.

Not even Liverpool.

All teams could do with someone who is there to just kick lumps out of everyone.

It's a throw back, hes a big black Jimmy Case.

Meier

La Undecima annoys me every time. If you wanted to give the 10th a special title, fine, it was a "long wait" to finally get it (ha), but you don't have to drive it into the ground. It really doesn't translate well when used in the middle of an English sentence.

Beyond that, did Madrid fans talk about La Septima for 30+ years before finally getting it?

Tubie

La Undecima annoys me every time. If you wanted to give the 10th a special title, fine, it was a "long wait" to finally get it (ha), but you don't have to drive it into the ground. Did Madrid fans talk about La Septima for 30+ years before finally getting it?

Yes.

El Topo

And sign Draxler?

Ribery and Robben are old. Ribery will be shit sooner or later and Robben could break any minute now.

I just don't want to see an offensive line-up consisting of three former Dortmund players. Admittedly, getting Reus would be a smart move, but that doesn't mean that I'd like it.
Adapt the strategy, give younger players a chance, but don't buy Reus.

Randdalf

You're like 1st or 2nd favs to win the league this season. I think that is pretty cray, you were alright after you sacked that bellend though.

Made any good signings?

I think Craig Westcarr is meant to be quite good, but the best player on the pitch was Danny Hollands who was on loan last season but is now permanently at the club. We also have some loan signings but I didn't see much of them. In fact I think the biggest signing has been Awford as permanent manager.

Pennywise

Wilbs need to stop working so much and be a family man instead.

FootballFan

U wut m8?

Di María is anything but inconsistent.

Sorry koko m8, I'd say inconsistent is a good description for him.

Sometimes he is amazing, incredible etc.

sometimes he is just diving, making stupid decisions and being way too greedy.

He works hard all the time though.

edit
I'm making him sound bad lol. He is much more often great than bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom