• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortune: Howard Stringer and the "Four Musketeers" at Sony; Details Future Strategies

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Acosta said:
Sony keeps on with its (tragic) run to become a company that is not, Sir "I can run one of the biggest Japanese corporation from my home in the other side of the world" Stringer is still clueless.

Should have got you instead.

Banned
spwolf said:
actually for the purpose of what they are doing (integrating these devices), Sony has all kinds of electronic devices, MS has Zune and 360 on hardware side where they will be implementing their store. They will never be able to implement their video/apps/games store with Windows, at least not preinstalled because they would be sued to oblivion and beyond.

So you have 50 million PSP's, 20 million of PS3's and soon to be shitload of Bravias and Phones/Walkmans that will be able to access and purchase from PSN. So yeah, they potentially have the biggest platform out there, but it is not that simple as they have started out late and playing catchup is never an easy proposition.

Just like they had to pull Media Player from the OS in Europe? No OEM shipped one single Windows N machine. They could do the same with the Zune Service or Windows Marketplace.

On the phone side, they will be shipping Windows Mobile 6.5 with Windows Marketplace in the next few months.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Jtrizzy said:
I have to admit, I've been using the crap out of the video store recently. The PQ for even just the SD video rentals is great, and I can start watching the movies after about 20 minutes of downloading.

Holy crap. Are you using 56k? I have the worst luck with DL speeds and my Netflix instant on is just that. Instant.

Top Bottom