• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 at gamescom - Spa confirmed

ShamePain

Banned
heard a new gamescom interview in which Dan says they started working on xboxone 4 years ago, game is pretty much finished, there's 2 months of development left, they'll use for polishing.

He also says gamescom build is pretty much complete (final engine, physics)

He says 26 cars were Autovista in FM4, now all cars are Forzavista (you can open doors, etc, no mention of trunk and hood though)
Badned said it's the same amount of detail as Autovista in FM4, including opening hoods and trunks, and we've already seen Huayra open up and Dan said they treat all cars the same. The narrator is now female though.

I can't remember if it was mentioned before but are any models from previous games carrying or or are all cars being remodelled from scratch this time?

Seems a little wasteful to start over.

Edit: cheers guys.

I trust T10 to deliver a varied range again, would hate to see them focusing on the supercar.

I can't remember if it was mentioned before but are any models from previous games carrying or or are all cars being remodelled from scratch this time?

Seems a little wasteful to start over.
All new, all modeled for ForzaVista, all rebuilt inside.

And the old models would never hold up. Needed to build fresh, quality over quantity. I am ok with dropping a number of the fringe models or more pedestrian small cars for better quality, more focused libraries.

xam3l

With the new upload features of the Xbox One, will FM5 still have its replay rendering feature? Horizon was such a disappointment in that department :\

eso76

Badned said it's the same amount of detail as Autovista in FM4, including opening hoods and trunks, and we've already seen Huayra open up and Dan said they treat all cars the same. The narrator is now female though.

i know what Badned said, but Dan never once mentioned hoods and trunks and engine being visible etc. and i personally find it very hard to believe.
Plus changing the name to Autovista to Forzavista...idk, the Huayra could be a proper Autovista car, with most being just 'forzavista'.
No idea, hundreds of cars in FM4 autovista level of detail sounds insane.

@ drugstore_cowboy

Some of them are carrying for sure, i'd say most DLC and recent additions (most are perfectly accurate); while Dan specifically mentioned in some interview that those models that were not up to par were redone from scratch and received the forzavista treatment.

p3tran

Banned
i know what Badned said, but Dan never once mentioned hoods and trunks and engine being visible etc. and i personally find it very hard to believe.
have some faith bro :) and you aint getting this for free either. car number will take a hit, but maybe it will be worth it. ;)

With the new upload features of the Xbox One, will FM5 still have its replay rendering feature? Horizon was such a disappointment in that department :
Assume that you would just upload the replay footage as it played using the DVR functionality to twitch or whatever.

Mascot

It's slightly concerning that the actual number of cars and tracks in the game hasn't been officially discussed. If both numbers were bigger than FM4 then you'd think it would be publicised. We assume the number of cars is vastly reduced (internet meltdown incoming when this becomes public, I guess) but I've got a feeling the number of tracks is lower than previous Forzas as well.

It's slightly concerning that the actual number of cars and tracks in the game hasn't been officially discussed. If both numbers were bigger than FM4 then you'd think it would be publicised. We assume the number of cars is vastly reduced (internet meltdown incoming when this becomes public, I guess) but I've got a feeling the number of tracks is lower than previous Forzas as well.

What is your minimum acceptable #?

300 cars, 20 tracks for me.

ShamePain

Banned
Plus changing the name to Autovista to Forzavista...idk, the Huayra could be a proper Autovista car, with most being just 'forzavista'.
No idea, hundreds of cars in FM4 autovista level of detail sounds insane.

I think Dan said that Autovista in FM4 was just a glimpse at next-gen car quality, listen to that audio posted here. I believe all cars have auto/forzavista now. Simply modelling opening doors wouldn't require that much time, but with the engine bay it's a different story. And X360 probably couldn't handle more autovista cars than what we got simply due to the low capacity of the DVD.

Revson

Have they discussed any changes to the physics? I wonder if the guys at Turn 10 know about how widespread grass-braking corners has become. It's pretty ridiculous to be able to stop faster with half of your car on the grass. Just go watch any #1 on Road America or Sebring to see how much time you can save by doing it.

I'm sure a ton of people at Turn10 love the game they make, but with some of these issues with the game it feels like either none of them really play it, or they have a terrible line of communication with their community. So many simple things within the game have gone unfixed for 2 titles now, and it's just frustrating to see them try to add so much when just refining half a dozen things would make Forza so much more enjoyable.

one track, one car for me. so we are way past that :D

tumblr_mhgynd8LnN1qbw2q1o1_500.gif

Your game of the forever

Kinda sounds like FM5 is taking a GT3 turn. I know I was pretty sad when GT3 had a ton less cars than GT2.

p3tran

Banned
tumblr_mhgynd8LnN1qbw2q1o1_500.gif

Your game of the forever
actually pole position was my game of the forever, 30 years ago :)
but I was talking about a nextgen forza. you say that if it has 250 cars - 15 tracks its a dealbreaker, a no-buy for you?
or even worse, 20 tracks - 150 cars? or 300 cars - 15 tracks? you sure?

Kinda sounds like FM5 is taking a GT3 turn. I know I was pretty sad when GT3 had a ton less cars than GT2.
yeah, but then there's what matrick used to say... "you know, we have this other system where you can play the entire forza4 car collection...." :D

Yeah this may be our GT3 and in a way I'm happy to see some of it go.

As long as it's replaced with quality and not cut down that is. After they release the game with laser scanned tracks there's no going back and that's pretty exciting.

actually pole position was my game of the forever, 30 years ago :)
but I was talking about a nextgen forza. you say that if it has 250 cars - 15 tracks its a dealbreaker, a no-buy for you?
or even worse, 20 tracks - 150 cars? or 300 cars - 15 tracks? you sure?

Yes

No I have it paid for already. I meant the number you would be satisfied with.

Darklord

Banned

I'm more bummed that we STILL have no weather or night tracks. That really pisses me off. I love driving in rain and at night.

p3tran

Banned
Yes

No I have it paid for already. I meant the number you would be satisfied with.
ah, of course :) in this fashion, I 100% agree. I can never have enough, and turn10 are the worlds fuckiest, freakiest, laziest filthiest developers in game history! :D

btw, "crown jewel" is Prague, and still no skoda after 8 fuckin' years? open a goddamn book you lazy sobs!! :D

Le Mans not in FM5 confirmed.

It's gone now too, so we're safe :)

So what are we up to now? 13? Hopefully there's still some unfound surprises too. They've already shown they're willing to put in updated, but unscanned real world tracks, so I'd expect a couple more of those. What fictionals do you guys think will be in? Bernese Alps seems like a lock, but beyond that I'm having a hard time prioritizing.

My guess at the numbers is 350, and 18. Pretty good numbers, imo.

p3tran

Banned

So what are we up to now? 13? Hopefully there's still some unfound surprises too.
aaap! if you wanted surprizes, then you shouldnt have looked up that geom sticker :)
we got the surprizes, and we got the confirmation (or non-denial, pick what you like), as both helios and badned have crossed paths and commented here. 8)

so just be happy and just hope for no
baaad
surprizes

amar212

What is your minimum acceptable #?

One car.
One hundred tracks.

Mascot is my man. I concur.

And Forza already have that one car.

Ideal would be around 300 insanely detailed and developed cars (upgradable interiors, engine bays, fully visible mechanical and visual upgrades, aero-kits, etc) and around 100 tracks (not including Sidewinder and such atrocities).

And X360 wheels support.

Man can dream.

Jamesways

One car.
One hundred tracks.

I like how you think, sir.

The launch needs more tracks than cars. Cars will come in boatloads in DLC as per the norm, but tracks, again, that's what gives a game life in the long run.

10 tracks? Come on, seriously?

If we continue with this thinking, future titles will be 1200cars (most via DLC)! All autovista! And 8-10 tracks with a max of 2-3 lap races in all modes. No dynamic time of day, weather, or night racing. Wave of the future? Autovista car game!

Seanspeed, dude. The comments coming from you. Endurance races aren't important in a game like this? Accuracy in trackside details don't matter as long as the tarmac itself is scanned?

The stuff I'm reading in this thread man. Dynamic weather, time of day and night racing don't matter in a racing sim? That's close to Che's super awesome comments about cockpit view- Sim racers don't use cockpit view, it's a waste of resources. Yes, chase cam, total immersion, just like I drive my car in real life.

Look, I know I'm probably branded a hater or even a Sony/GT fan at this point (which really isn't true, I never had a ps3 or really played GT5 at all at any length).
Fact is, I really like Forza, I've played through 4 twice after I lost my save, my wife hated how much time I spent painting and driving race replicas in 2 and 3. I loved Horizon, played through that twice too. Like an addicted crack-head, I've bought almost every DLC pack for every T10 game.
But above all, I love Motorsport, and just really want to see a great sim out of Turn 10. And I know time is a huge factor in this game, and things need to get cut. And I know Dan has a vision to include all types of fans, and that's fine.

But would I choose to have hundreds upon hundreds of cars in Autovista mode, while sacrificing actual racing gamplay features? No, I really wouldn't. It's a novelty IMO. I understand things like pitstops and rules and such don't really attract the kind of masses their going for, that's ok. But sacrificing resources for things like the number of tracks to include Autovista for every car? Not ok.

Let us see the detail of the inside of the cars... on the tracks. Pretty sure I know what a Honda Civic or Nissan Altima looks like inside. But to see the inside of those on a huge ammount of tracks in lighting from multiple times of day, now that's something.

This trend of car collecting over track racing is terrible.

/rant, and I hope that rumored track list is true, it'd be nice for Turn 10 to catch up to other developers offering some different tracks. Look to SimBin and SMS Turn 10. Track lists a'plenty.

Ideal would be around 300 insanely detailed and developed cars (upgradable interiors, engine bays, fully visible mechanical and visual upgrades, aero-kits, etc) and around 100 tracks (not including Sidewinder and such atrocities).

And X360 wheels support.

Man can dream.

You're crazy!

300?

It's about quality and quantity. I want to see MY crappy Ford Ka in the game. And have the customisation options to add the scratches.

Then drive it around Brands Hatch.

amar212

Played 355 Challenge again yesterday, well I tried to but some cheesedick had broken the shifter, hopped out to snap a pic while my kid revved it, couldn't do anything else..

I found one in damn good quality in Croatia this winter. Everyrhing was refurbished more-less, only printer didn't work. Guy was asking 7000 euros for it (including dissasemble and assemble at my location and 1-year warranty service period).

I even tgought about it for one whole day. Then GF came and grounded me to reality. I returned to guy with 3000 euro proposal. He was insulted.

I still dream about having it in the apartment. It weighs 650kg and eats electricity, but I be damned if F355 Challenge isn't the greatest single driving-games object anyone can have.

E92 M3

So what are we up to now? 13? Hopefully there's still some unfound surprises too. They've already shown they're willing to put in updated, but unscanned real world tracks, so I'd expect a couple more of those. What fictionals do you guys think will be in? Bernese Alps seems like a lock, but beyond that I'm having a hard time prioritizing.

My guess at the numbers is 350, and 18. Pretty good numbers, imo.

Circuit de la Sarthe is really gone? It's my favorite track.

G Rom

Update

Rumored

Long Beach Grand Prix Circuit (USA)

Autodromo Nazionale Monza (Italy)

Silverstone Circuit (England) - New layout

Yas Island Marina Circuit (Abu Dhabi)

Pacific Raceways (USA)

Mount Panorama Circuit (Australia)

Circuit de la Sarthe (France)

Confirmed

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps (Belgium)

Indianapolis Motor Speedway (USA)

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca (USA)

Praha (Prague ; Czech Republic)

TopGear Test Track (England)

Nurburgring Nordschleife (Germany)

There's a serious lack of Japanese tracks at the moment, we need confirmation of the return of Suzuka and Tsukuba, I'd gladly take Fuji Speedway as well. You can keep Motegi, thanks.
It would seem logical to reveal Japanese content at TGS. Although knowing Turn 10,there, they'll probably announce a new non Japanese track without showing it. :D
For the fictional tracks, I'd personally want to give priority to Bernese Alps, Maple Valley, Camino Viejo and Rio from the first Forza.

I wonder if they'll get one or two more speedways in now that they have Indycars.

Gestault

I want a DLC model where every luxury, fantasy, exotic and rare sports car is standard in the game, but I have to pay $5 for a shitty car like my old Mercury Tracer. Yes, I'm serious.

Jamesways

hope you guys are not driving tonight.. :pPPppppPpp

FUCK, DAN!! MORE TRACKS OR YOUR BEARD'S DEAD!!
send them geosmart bitches out!! never to return back until they've scanned half the earth!!

p3tran, leave my drinking out of it!

The Toca games had a huge list, last gen no less. I'd like to see that tradition continue. And like I said, SimBin and SMS titles have a nice healthy list too.

G Rom, how about Okayama? Bring a little WTCC into Forza?

I sai it before and I'm gonna say it again, if none of this Japanese tracks is announced at TGS then I'll be really upset. Of course pretending, that we still getting updated Suzuka and Tsukuba back, if they have to drop it something let it be Motegi but I would like to get it back as well. It would suck to loose a track on that already short track list.

- Sugo
- Fuji
- Okayama
- Autopolis

Seriously, when was the last time we got a new Japanese track? I don't recall any new in FM3 or FM4.

Circuit de la Sarthe is really gone? It's my favorite track.

In this case, gone is good.
Follow my quote back to the last page.

G Rom, Japan was one of the first things I thought of too. Suzuka really needs a proper scan. I've never liked the Forza rendition. Their least accurate track, imo. Unfortunately, it's probably the best candidate for snazzing up for FM5. Best Motoring is off the air, so it's probably time to put Tsukuba out to pasture too. I'd happily take a scanned Fuji though. It's got Rush tie-ins too, even if the circuit is completely different now.

I've got to have my Maple Valley though! Never take that sum bitch out! Make it Winter this time!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
come on, lets here more votes for positano full! seriously, its such a unique feeling track - there is no other tarmac rally like stage in forza!

i also like camino just for the extreme version.

I sai it before and I'm gonna say it again, if none of this Japanese tracks is announced at TGS then I'll be really upset. Of course pretending, that we still getting updated Suzuka and Tsukuba back, if they have to drop it something let it be Motegi but I would like to get it back as well. It would suck to loose a track on that already short track list.

- Sugo
- Fuji
- Okayama
- Autopolis

Seriously, when was the last time we got a new Japanese track? I don't recall any new in FM3 or FM4.

Okayama would be great http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naZNIRtzW0w

Now we have open wheel I wouldn't mind a few karts.

Were they popular online in GT?

To be honest with you I don't think Forza needs kart racing, didn't really bother much with it in GT5.

This is also part of a problem with disappointment and demands. Whatever we want and we finally get, we want something new and then we are upset cause we didn't get it again.
We got open wheelers, awesome. Now we gonna demand karts, then rally, then bikes, then trucks etc. When we finally gonna get weather condition, we gonna look forward to night racing, but when we gonna get that, we gonna demand something new. People will start demanding every track in winter conditions or some other crazy shit etc.

It's easy to demand and have the expectations but I'm afraid it will never stop and doesn't matter what T10 do, we won't be happy no matter what.

I don't try to defend T10, don't get me wrong. Even though I love Forza to death, I can see things missing in each game and problems that are not getting fixed. But what I also see, are the new things. Things, that we all wanted all of sudden they don't make us excited, cause we want more.

We wanted open wheelers, we got them. If the track list that GRom put together will become reality, then we get lots of new tracks. If laser scanning turns out to be true, then it's even more awesome. We wanted a windshield effect and we got it, with awesome reflections and stuff, I think windshield even gets dirty during the race (or might have been terrible video quality). We wanted a better race atmosphere and we got that too. Tracks look more alive, we got helicopters, birds flying around, people taking pictures, pre-race and after-race got some attention too, there are camera guys, people walking around etc.

There are lots of things in Forza 5 that we asked for and I think it should make us happy. We didn't get night racing and weather and those things upset me too. But if we got at least one of them, I'm pretty sure people would be upset cause we didn't get the other one.

I consider Forza 5 same way as I did Forza 2, a good foundation for next Forza games on new hardware. As I said, I don't defend T10 at all, I have my demands as well and not getting them makes me upset as it makes all of you not getting what you want. But at the end of the day, I think T10 is doing great job improving the franchise and they don't get the credit they deserve. Even though it might looks like baby steps, we still moving forward.

Have a great night guys ;)
Cheers, HD.

p3tran

Banned
you are correct, there is dust accumulating. probably like me you stuck your face in your screen in that mercedes video helios drove with blim. :)
you are also correct that it will never stop, our hunger. 8)
and, yes, forza 5 is in ways like forza 2, except one pretty major fucking big difference:
360 I bought nov.05, but for forza2 I waited untill june2007!!
to save you some time, that was "day fucking 567"!!! so in comparison, how cool is day1?

Jamesways

We wanted open wheelers, we got them. If the track list that GRom put together will become reality, then we get lots of new tracks. If laser scanning turns out to be true, then it's even more awesome. We wanted a windshield effect and we got it, with awesome reflections and stuff, I think windshield even gets dirty during the race (or might have been terrible video quality). We wanted a better race atmosphere and we got that to. Tracks look more alive, we got helicopters, birds flying around, people taking pictures, pre-race and after-race got some attention to, there are camera guys, people walking around etc.

There are lots of things in Forza 5 that we asked for and I think it should make us happy. We didn't get night racing and weather and those things upset me too. But if we got at least one of them, I'm pretty sure people would be upset cause we didn't get the other one.

I consider Forza 5 same way as I did Forza 2, a good foundation for next Forza games on new hardware. As I said, I don't defend T10 at all, I have my demands as well and not getting them makes me upset as it makes all of you not getting what you want. But at the end of the day, I think T10 is doing great job improving the franchise and they don't get the credit they deserve. Even though it might looks like baby steps, we still moving forward.

This right here is an awesome post HD. You've got a great point, quite a few things fans have been harping on are indeed in. And I completely agree, if this is the first iteration on the new hardware to test the waters so to speak, the next version is REALLY going to be good.

Oh and hell yeah to Autopolis, both versions.

One more thing I forgot to mention about the laser scanned tracks and what BADNED said. If it's true, then it looks like T10 want to focus on a new tracks and update with laser scanned data the most important ones from the old roster. Now, how hard would it be to update the remaining tracks that will be already on disc, if there will be any that won't get updated, with free DLC? The disc will be instaled on hard drive anyway so replacing the data shouldn't be a problem right?

I mean, it wouldn't be a bad idea, to update the remaining track with a free DLC. One track a month or every other month, until they're done with all of them. The reason I said free DLC, is because T10 might not get them done because of the time they have till launch, but if they had more time, they would include them on the disc anyway.

That way we would get a new track, or at least a feeling of getting a new tack (kind of), even though the tracks would get only updated, T10 would have the work done for the next game and on the top of that we would be getting monthly car packs.

Man can dream right? ;)

Top Bottom