• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 at gamescom - Spa confirmed

derFeef

As we announced last week, “Forza Motorsport 5” will be playable at gamescom this year! In addition to giving thousands of fans the chance to play the game for the first time, we also have a ton of news about “Forza Motorsport 5”, including the announcement of two tracks that will be featured in the game: the return of Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca and, brand new to the Forza series, Spa-Francorchamps!

The addition of Spa-Francorchamps to “Forza Motorsport 5” will surely be music to Forza fans’ ears. Nestled in the Ardennes countryside of Belgium, the 4.3-mile Spa track is home to legendary corners like “La Source” and “Eau Rouge” and has been one of the most requested tracks from fans since the Forza series’ beginning. Laser-scanned and meticulously recreated at 1080p and 60fps, Spa makes its franchise debut in “Forza Motorsport 5”. We’ll have more on Spa, including screenshots of the track in the future, so stay tuned!

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/news/FM5_Gamescom_2013

9951b54c-a8c0-4e7c-ad08-81cf53292d42.jpg

907228b8-746a-43a6-87f3-4450f8e89b97.jpg

Upate:
Offscreen 60fps footage part1: http://www.gamersyde.com/news_gc_forza_5_gameplay-14463_en.html
Offscreen 60fps footage part2 : http://www.gamersyde.com/news_gc_more_forza_5-14500_en.html

G Rom

Announce Spa, screenshots later.
Classic Turn 10 ! :D

Great news though, we have the Spa of Spahurst, hopefully the second part will follow !

saladine1

FINALLY!!!
Thank you Turn 10.

All we are waiting for now is Mount Panorama. Bathurst you sons a beeches, Bathurst better be in. It. better. be. in.

G Rom

laser-scanned laguna alone is good enough for me.
did they say that they will have the new physics in the gamescom demo pods?

Yes they did :

Gamescom attendees will be among the first players in the world to test drive the new physics engine that is at the heart of the “Forza Motorsport 5” gameplay experience.

dejay

Banned
I never knew the corkscrew was in Spa.

I was hoping for some more footage of Prague - I feel it's been under represented.

Seriously though, a laser scanned Spa sounds delightful. Now give me Bathurst and I'll pre-order tomorrow.

derFeef

laser-scanned laguna alone is good enough for me.
did they say that they will have the new physics in the gamescom demo pods?

I guess so.

Gamescom attendees will be among the first players in the world to test drive the new physics engine that is at the heart of the “Forza Motorsport 5” gameplay experience.

Seanspeed

Banned
Aww, only Laguna playable at gamescom, but with the new physics engine, that's something I guess.

Don't think it even says Laguna Seca will be playable.

Might just be Prague, but with the new, updated physics engine running.

This is all cool and all, but I get the feeling they're still working hard on the content, even this close to launch. Surely they'd be able to show us more otherwise?

ManteoMax

From the announcement: "This week, gamescom attendees will have the chance to take a lap of Laguna Seca in the playable build of Forza Motorsport 5 found at the Xbox booth."

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Nice, Spa is one of the best race tracks ever carved into the earth.

Mascot

Direct-feed GAMEPLAY footage would be appreciated. Can't tell much from that screenshot of Laguna Seca. It's such a bland looking track anyway.

Didn't we already know about Spa several months ago from a menu image?

p3tran

Banned
Yes they did :

I guess so.

HOLLY FUCK!! so today is one of the very few times I wish I was in Germany :D

hopefully we'll get some very good coverage of this. blimblim, team vvv and others will be there.

It's such a bland looking track anyway.
yes, thats one thing we have to get in terms with. bland tracks will only look more bland the more realistic we get.
thats not a bad thing in my book :)
and thats why they started showing forza5 with ..Prague ;)

eso76

Direct-feed GAMEPLAY footage would be appreciated. Can't tell much from that screenshot of Laguna Seca. It's such a bland looking track anyway.

looks like FM4 in that screenshot :p
same lighting and overall visual impact, track looks more detailed especially in the distance.

And Laguna Seca is the worst possible showcase for the game :p

saladine1

looks like FM4 in that screenshot :p
same lighting and overall visual impact, track looks more detailed especially in the distance.

And Laguna Seca is the worst possible showcase for the game :p

Turn 10 in great marketing form as usual..

Micerider

And the game is not even released in Spa's homeland in 2013 ( not even the french spoken part, although France gets it...).

eso76

Turn 10 in great marketing form as usual..

yeah, but i'm sure it will be a steady flow of new media EVERY DAY until launch :p

So, we can expect vids from the booth today right ?

Blim, as usual, please capture a replay if it's in the build :)

@ comparison pics: well, sun is on the other side now, no shiny tarmac .
Other than that, looks rather similar. Trees might be prettier but with that motion blur we can't be sure

xam3l

Ok, now what are the odds of having a updated laser-scanned Nurburgring or having anything at all?

The same old Ring from FM2 it's meh...

eso76

Ok, now what are the odds of having a updated laser-scanned Nurburgring or having anything at all?

The same old Ring from FM2 it's meh...

all real tracks have been laser scanned and redone.

That mercedes pic looks quite bad, i have MUCH better looking pics of the same car taken in FM3 and 4 :p

Also looks like there's a rendering issue with the specular

G Rom

On that 300 SL shot, you can see the same issue you get in both FM3 and FM4 when you mix motion blur and depth of field...

Gonna go make some photos in FM4 to compare.

i'm getting xbox day one because of this

-Forza 5
-DeadRising 3
-KI
-Battlefield 3
-watch dogs.

And im glad for may PS3

-Pes 2014
-GTA
-Dark Soul 2

Shaneus

I wish these guys would spend some time adapting their lighting and texturing stuff to make older cars not look like toys. That pristine, perfectly shiny look is wonderful for the new stuff, but it's terrible on classics.
I'm gonna be "that guy" and say that doesn't look anywhere near as impressive as I thought it would. If asked, I'd be more inclined to think it's either a stitched/bigshot from FM4.

Is it me, or do the shots released so far look like Forza 4?
Oh wait, you said that too. Is this where T10 come out and say "Surprise bitches! We're pulling a GT6 and you'll be able to buy FM5 on your 360!"?

Top Bottom