• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 at gamescom - Spa confirmed

nib95

Banned
No video yet? The fudge is Turn 10 doing over there? How do you announce something like this without a video to go with it...

eso76

No video yet? The fudge is Turn 10 doing over there? How do you announce something like this without a video to go with it...

they were looking for a 'capture artist' a couple weeks ago. Looks like they haven't found one.

Mascot

Is it me, or do the shots released so far look like Forza 4?

I guess it's a compliment to FM4 that it looks so good IN PHOTOMODE.

FM5's visuals will blow FM4 out of the water during actual gameplay. Photomode is just one big con, we all know this.

eso76

I hope they do show Prague TOO at gamescom, because i'm getting a little worried at the game completely submerging for months and reappearing with these new screens...

When does the showfloor open to the press ?
shouldn't Blim's crew be capturing footage already ?

but yea, there seems to be some AO

Forza games need gobs of AF. Not sure what F4 and F3 had, but the low amount of that during 60 fps gameplay was one of things holding back the impressive amount of detail they put in their tracks.

Although with the old F1s, it could be really cool, there are a lot of better tracks that I'd like to see in FM before Monaco personally.
Monza would be nice. Not sure why its never been in Forza either, even a fictional version of it would work.

BADNED

I hope they do show Prague TOO at gamescom, because i'm getting a little worried at the game completely submerging for months and reappearing with these new screens...

When does the showfloor open to the press ?
shouldn't Blim's crew be capturing footage already ?
We have Prague too on the media event floor but the old E3 build.

saladine1

I'm really interested to hear feedback on the new physics.

Greenawalt is making some pretty big claims about it

Thanks to the power of the Xbox One and our Calspan partnership, we are implementing truly cutting edge scientific understanding of tire physics, suspension geometry, and aerodynamics – we’re not implementing the recommendations of last year’s text books, we’re running the tests that will write the vehicle dynamics text books of the next several years.”

It does sound ridiculously good, but we'll see..

Oh, and it seems that they are using the same wheel from E3....

Hey Badned, what is going on with you and the recent "we" you are using?

Also, any wheel news?

Thanx in advance.

Dont hold your breath. I asked Albert Penello twice and got nothing. Answered or acknowledged every ones question but mine about our Fanatecs.

Mascot

Take it as gospel. The man never lies, or allows hyperbole to run riot.

BTW, BADNET is Major Nelson.

ShamePain

Banned

It's gonna handle like Forza alright.

BADNED

so it's two separate demos...

well, i find this rather suspicious.

And what do you mean "We" ? :) i didn't know you were officially a member of T10 :)
The Prague build is running in the one big hydraulic setup with the Thrustmster proto that was at E3. All other demostations have the new build.

Hey Badned, what is going on with you and the recent "we" you are using?

Also, any wheel news?

Thanx in advance.
Only wheel news I can give you is, the involved parties are still working on it. No ETA nor if or if not at all.

saladine1

The Prague build is running in the one big hydraulic setup with the Thrustmster proto that was at E3. All other demostations have the new build.

Only wheel news I can give you is, the involved parties are still working on it. No ETA nor if or if not at all.

Ok, there's some hope right there. I'll take it for now..

This is such an important issue. This will literally determine whether people buy the system and game or not...

eso76

yeah...isn't it kind of 'not exactly smart' to have the big hydraulic wheel setup up for the old physics demo ? :p

Oh god yes, GIVE IT TO ME!!!

ibvwC0YRzd3Z8s.gif

p3tran

Banned
its just that prague surroundings are more impressive than any real track surroundings.
so it is more effective to put that on the pimp setup. and also it makes no sense to update the old demo with the new physics as it is basically a waste of time at this point.

but, my question stands: what cars in new demo? :)

amar212

No ETA nor if or if not at all.

Wait, what? Sorry, as I am not a native speaker I didn't catch this until Sound bolded it above.

What does this mean exactly?

No ETA (estimated time of arrival - release date), no "if it is going to be released" or "if it going to be released at all"?

Am I interpreted that right?

saladine1

its just that prague surroundings are more impressive than any real track surroundings.
so it is more effective to put that on the pimp setup. and also it makes no sense to update the old demo with the new physics as it is basically a waste of time at this point.

but, my question stands: what cars in new demo? :)

csfcEAk.jpg

sneaky77

Wait, what? Sorry, as I am not a native speaker I didn't catch this until Sound bolded it above.

No ETA (estimated time of arrival - release date), no "if it is going to be released" or "if it going to be released at all"?

For the decision on the wheels.

Not for the new wheels, but the current Fanatecs

Seanspeed

Banned
Dat ass car pics?

Must he hiding something :p
Nah, the image in the main screen, where you get the view of somebody who is 3 inches tall and standing at like 1 o'clock from the front of the car.

Past games always picked these awkward angles that didn't show off the cars and liveries very well.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
The lighting is much improved particularly the self shadowing and environment shadowing.

Will have to get a picture from somewhere of a car half in a long cast shadow to see if it still has the terrible FM4 shadow mapping.

ShamePain

Banned
The lighting is much improved particularly the self shadowing and environment shadowing.

Will have to get a picture from somewhere of a car half in a long cast shadow to see if it still has the terrible FM4 shadow mapping.

It does. Same static shadow maps that project weirdly on cars.

The toon shading/lighting is still there. Nasty...

Come on now, the lighting is heavily improved.

Dont hold your breath. I asked Albert Penello twice and got nothing. Answered or acknowledged every ones question but mine about our Fanatecs.

They've got me fucked up if they think I'm going to throw down 500 + ...400 + wheel + game when I already have a 400 wheel that works on everything else...

Why fucking laser scan if they want to limit the wheel users to some sort of bullshit exclusive club. Seriously, they need to allow all wheels.

Seanspeed

Banned
Come on now, the lighting is heavily improved.

They've got me fucked up if they think I'm going to throw down 500 + ...400 + wheel + game when I already have a 400 wheel that works on everything else...

Why fucking laser scan if they want to limit the wheel users to some sort of bullshit exclusive club. Seriously, they need to allow all wheels.

Where's that '...400' coming from?

benzy

Hopefully. The gameplay we've seen does look damn good and not *too* far away from these shots.

K3Ud2xL.jpg

LlB5c9k.jpg

Nitpicking but they couldnt have chosen a different lighting condition for Laguna Seca now that they remodeled the whole track? Why not early morning or a bright afternoon. We've had the same look since Forza 1.

Seanspeed

Banned
Blind guess. Thrustmaster wheels aren't cheap, and the Forza/MS Fanatec was over 450 with both the wheel and the clubsport pedals...
Oh, typed out, it looked like it was 400 plus the wheel or whatever.

Nitpicking but they couldnt have chosen a different lighting condition for Laguna Seca now that they remodeled the whole track? Why not early morning or a bright afternoon. We've had the same look since Forza 1.
Dude, FM4 was already in a blindingly bright afternoon! Made it really hard to take good photos, really.

Mascot

Yep. I take very little joy from watching the progress of FM5, knowing that I'll probably be stiffed regarding steering wheel support just so MS can farm more money from their loyal customers. I know it's not a Turn 10 decision and it's wholly illogical, but the whole situation has really turned me against Microsoft, and by association, the driving game studio they own. And FM5 by itself would have been reason enough for me to buy a launch Xbone. My whole attitude to Xbox division has been turned on its head since E3, and it's all because of this bullshit steering wheel support policy.

Top Bottom