• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 at gamescom - Spa confirmed

p3tran

Banned
worked for me, firefox no retries

scrooge_rewardskjz2e.jpg

still, there are some ZEROES missing from the credit rewards....
2mill is NOTHING

p3tran

Banned
Imagine what it's like being level 208 and getting gifted 20,000 credits lol.

nooo.. this cant be.. its like either chrome browser sold you, or the game goes ironic on your ass... :D
<<here, you've spend 8000 hours, broken 435 records, spend 850million on your cars, so have 20.000 credits for it, or the equivalent of putting the AI run a 3-lap race in your car. with assists.
You've earned it!!!>>

BADNED, you are old enough in forza to know that these awards SUCK!!
how about some rectification here? :D and I'm talking about the 2mill, not the 20thou :)))

eso76

Smokeless drifting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOPHwwgxIz0

Yeah, well, i know they said they might have to tone the smoke down compared to Prague demo, but this is a little too much :p

(and i'm still worried, Prague demo with one car had a decent amount of smoke and cube env mapping, Laguna Seca, with just 4 cars in total, had basically no smoke and simple env mapping)

p3tran

Banned
Yeah, well, i know they said they might have to tone the smoke down compared to Prague demo, but this is a little too much :p

(and i'm still worried, Prague demo with one car had a decent amount of smoke and cube env mapping, Laguna Seca, with just 4 cars in total, had basically no smoke and simple env mapping)

well, hopefully everything will crunch together until october.

lets start another round of swearing at those stupid microsoft suits that decided to go cheap on the gpu, those idiotic imbecile motherfuckers!!! 8]

Mula

Smokeless drifting

First Time i see this Shadow under the Car. This looks not right

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Smokeless drifting

its there. looks like a fair amount, its just generated a bit slow (?) and you cant see it immediately behind the car but is clearly visible a ways behind the car. see 1:14ish when he looks back.

definitely needs tweaking though.

eso76

WTF? They've shown in-game footage with more than four cars on track before, haven't they?

Yes...footage. Not running on xbone.
I mean, it might have been, but we didn't see it.
We've seen the drivatar demo (onstage demo, most likely just a movie) b-roll footage etc, but the only instances where the game was playable, running in real time on actual xbone hardware it was either
Prague build (single high lod car on track, smoke, cube env mapping, old physics)
or Laguna Seca build (4 cars on track -all seemed high lod to me-, almost no smoke, no cube env mapping, new physics).

I don't know, I keep saying there's something here that makes me think the final hardware didnt meet T10's projections and expectations and they'll have to scale back.

But this week's watchable news will certainly erase all my concerns. Yep !

p3tran

Banned
SO, OPEN WHEEL VIDEO TOMORROW, RIGHT? when is that movie coming out?

We've seen the drivatar demo (onstage demo, most likely just a movie) b-roll footage etc
Yeah, even in the youtube video you can see its video files played on windows media player.

G Rom

"Rush" cars on Monza, calling it.
Rush is coming out soon, Italian GP is this week-end and Monza was the first GP during which Lauda raced after his accident.

Believe

eso76

20+ grid would be great. Anything less will be a disappointment

lol.
i think 16 is the absolute max we should be dreaming of.
12 again is more likely.

Glad to be proven wrong though.

I also think we're seeing the classic Ferrari and McLaren this week.
Somehow i almost forgot they were even in the game but it's quite huge.
Classic F1 is the real deal.

(would also take a trailer showing a little bit of everything)

saladine1

"Rush" cars on Monza, calling it.
Rush is coming out soon, Italian GP is this week-end and Monza was the first GP during which Lauda raced after his accident.

Believe

I don't give a shit if they show a fucking Ford Mustang driving around Indianapolis, I just need direct feed footage with no fucking music in the background already..

Oh, and this has nothing to do with Forza but WTF man...WTF?/!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJTx5nPL3OQ

lol.

I also think we're seeing the classic Ferrari and McLaren this week.
Somehow i almost forgot they were even in the game but it's quite huge.
Classic F1 is the real deal.

(would also take a trailer showing a little bit of everything)

Ahaa.

See, this is what they want you to think. Surely the week of spa, announce spa is in the game and show the two classic F1's up against each other. All cinematic and hands on. They would also have at least 10 playable pods at Spa, where people could race against each other. Great advertising!!!!

Nope, lets announce Leguna Seca instead :/

Seanspeed

Banned
So they still do model switching between pre-race and in-game. You can see the exhaust pipes on the pre-race, but when he goes up close to the car on track they're not there. Yet another piece of BS by T10 PR.

I don't remember them claiming that they didn't do this anymore?

eso76

I don't remember them claiming that they didn't do this anymore?

yeah, they did..
but I can understand that in the huayra, the model you see pre race is probably autovista, hence the engine showing behind the grills, I don't expect engines to be rendered ingame, obviously.
unless it's there and just very dark.

BTW is there no other (complete)version of Dan's presentation? :/

Mascot

There have been a lot of 'claims' since FM5 was announced (laser scan all tracks, more cars on grid, no model swapping etc etc) but isn't what we've seen so far slightly at odds with these statements?

I wonder if Xbone really isn't as powerful as the dev kits after all, and some compromises have had to be introduced?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
There have been a lot of 'claims' since FM5 was announced (laser scan all tracks, more cars on grid, no model swapping etc etc) but isn't what we've seen so far slightly at odds with these statements?

I wonder if Xbone really isn't as powerful as the dev kits after all, and some compromises have had to be introduced?

I just think they are in hardcore crunch mode for launch.

saladine1

Hey, they've just increased CPU performance from 1.6GHz to 1.75GHz.
#Gamechanger.com.net.au.gov

eso76

Pretty sure Dan claimed more than FM4 a certainty. I think it was in that massive gamespot interview @ E3.

i remember that, he said they were aiming for the highest number in the history of forza.

And all of them were supposed to be lod0.

But what we've seen coupled with the total lack of media, lack of info, and the 2 playable builds still make me think the hardware doesn't match their expectations.

Again, maybe not, we'll see soon enough i guess

w00zey

So they still do model switching between pre-race and in-game. You can see the exhaust pipes on the pre-race, but when he goes up close to the car on track they're not there. Yet another piece of BS by T10 PR.

That's kinda funny I never even paid attention to it. The back looks different in many areas.

I don't really care but that is too funny.

G Rom

I couldn't care less about the model used in-game. Anyone serious about racing game will play with either the hood, cockpit or bumper view anyway. I'm more interested in the model used for replay for the matter.

Speaking of which, I hope the whole racing atmosphere includes race cameras and get rid of Forza Cam...

I couldn't care less about the model used in-game. Anyone serious about racing game will play with either the hood, cockpit or bumper view anyway. I'm more interested in the model used for replay for the matter.

Same here. F4's were good enough imo. Bigger grid and smoother lod transitions would be fine.

So a friend of mine noticed the following on the MS research website:

The development of the Drivatar AI system is broken down into three main sub-tasks:
o Path, or racing line, specification for a car (which includes speed information too)
o Car control, or keeping the car on the specified path
o Racing strategy: overtaking, blocking, pitting etc
Source: http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/projects/drivatar/theory.aspx

The bolded does not really go together with the following on the same site:

Q: Is there any way to control my Drivatar's Pitting Strategy?
A: Sorry, no there is not. Your Drivatar uses the same basic strategy that the rest of the AI opponents do.
Source: http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/projects/drivatar/faq.aspx

Also this was new to me:

Q: Can I use my Drivatar in online races? Can I swap / trade Drivatars online?
A: Unfortunately not. Drivatars are offline buddies only, they are too shy for a public arena.
Source: http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/projects/drivatar/faq.aspx

I was under the assumption I could use my drivatar in online races? Hmm, that sucks a bit.

Top Bottom