• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

So i'm on 310K after 21 wins and spending 100K on cars. That doesn't seem bad to me, even if they have tried to skewer the game with monetisation.

And yes, the game is an absolute demon. Has to the be the first time in a long time where the racing in singleplayer has felt compelling thanks to the AI (currently got it on the 35% bonus) and handling + triggers.

Also, you have to buy the day-1 cars? Either that or mine have got lost in the system along with the MP4 i should have from that gaffer who posted the code up o_O

Sooooo... anyone else have crashing issues?

I'm in the 9th race of a series... everytime I hit 'start race' after it all loads, boom, crash to 'desktop'... Go through all the loading again, same thing.

I've yet to find a fix for this.

I also randomly get 'something went wrong, try again' when i try to start off the disc... OR, I randomly get 'Do you own this game or app? If you have a game disk, insert it now. If there's no disc, ensure you're signed into xbox live. If you don't have the rights for playing it, you'll need to buy it through the xbox store.'

The only fix for this I've found is restarting the console. Sometimes it has taken multiple restarts. I tried logging in and out, pulling the disk in and out... Nothing works with the except of restarting the console, and that doesn't work everytime.

Thoughts? Ideas?

Grassy

So i'm on 310K after 21 wins and spending 100K on cars. That doesn't seem bad to me, even if they have tried to skewer the game with monetisation.

And yes, the game is an absolute demon. Has to the be the first time in a long time where the racing in singleplayer has felt compelling thanks to the AI (currently got it on the 35% bonus) and handling + triggers.

Also, you have to buy the day-1 cars? Either that or mine have got lost in the system along with the MP4 i should have from that gaffer who posted the code up o_O

I think they're still sorting out a bunch of issues with VIP/LE status and people not receiving gift cars/credits/tokens etc.

With the Reward tiers we were supposed to be gifted certain cars and credits as well but none of that has happened either.

Ryudo

My opinion? USED.
The rain might look good, but the wipers were animated so badly it ruined the illusion for me.
pgr4zk9d.gif

Is serious? My god that is like knocking back Elle MacPherson because she inst wearing stilettos.

Do you have the quick-resume option enabled? I've found if i have it on it loads the game then crashes back to the dashboard - could be worth a shot turning it ff if you've got it on?

If you're referring to the "Resume games quickly (BETA)' under power & startup options, no I have that unchecked.

I was going to delete the game and just reinstall it from the disc... But hey! Can't find that option anywhere............

xbox, use code. hold up the card that came with the game. one second later, you are done

Didn't get a card with the game, and now that I look at my box, it's not saying I have the "day one edition". What a bunch of shit. I buy it day one, but don't have the day one edition.

Harp

Why does does this game look like HD forza on my TV instead of next gen forza. I am very disappointed. Lots of jaggies on almost every crease of the car.

dejay

Banned
I bought the same car twice, thanks the absurd menu system. Is there a way to sell one or am I stuck with it?

Awesome to hear positive impressions about Drivatars, but seriously - two lap races again? WT actual F? Would it have broken the game to let users decide how many laps races should be? The tyres barely get warm in a two-lapper.

I'm only a little way in and found some 3 lappers, but essentially it's the same. Even though drivatars are pretty good, you still have to be a bit aggressive to get in front on a lot of tracks.

Sooooo... anyone else have crashing issues?

I'm in the 9th race of a series... everytime I hit 'start race' after it all loads, boom, crash to 'desktop'... Go through all the loading again, same thing.

I've yet to find a fix for this.

I also randomly get 'something went wrong, try again' when i try to start off the disc... OR, I randomly get 'Do you own this game or app? If you have a game disk, insert it now. If there's no disc, ensure you're signed into xbox live. If you don't have the rights for playing it, you'll need to buy it through the xbox store.'

The only fix for this I've found is restarting the console. Sometimes it has taken multiple restarts. I tried logging in and out, pulling the disk in and out... Nothing works with the except of restarting the console, and that doesn't work everytime.

Thoughts? Ideas?

I know you haven't found a way of uninstalling, but sounds like it's the only thing to do.

Do other games give you this grief?

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Is it normal for the game to think you've never played a Forza title, and keep yapping on and on? I just want to play, stop talking to me :(

dejay

Banned
top gear kids lap that shit up

Yeah, I know. They gotta make that stupid track interesting somehow.

That's ok, the 4 lap classic Cooper-S race I just had at one of the smaller ribbons at Yas Marinas more than made up for it. So much fun. That's more like it T10.

Klocker

Finally a reason to enjoy SP.

the AI makes this game and the driving model feels great absolutely love driving in this game

Klocker

in the extras for the game you can buy all the LE content for $19.99

Where? From the game menu or store?

I digitally dl the game and all the LE and Day One cars are there for purchase if I had the money or token so not sure what's up (or if it would let me continue the purchase)

pixlexic

Banned
My one gripe about Forza 5 is it doesn't let you skip anything. Which makes trying to progress through to races a long tedious experience where Forza 3 and 4 were fast and smooth.

My one gripe about Forza 5 is it doesn't let you skip anything. Which makes trying to progress through to races a long tedious experience where Forza 3 and 4 were fast and smooth.

This to me looks like a launch game trying to mask loading.

Hopefully we don't see this shit in Forza 6.

People complaining about jaggies must have terrible screen set ups. Do people have sharpness set at 90? I am playing on a 60 inch and was worried about aliasing but I was pleasantly surprised.

Devildoll

I have a question for the people that have gotten their hands on the game already.
Or anyone that might have looked into this already.

Q: does the game have visual tire-flex, like the previous game?

Klocker

People complaining about jaggies must have terrible screen set ups. Do people have sharpness set at 90? I am playing on a 60 inch and was worried about aliasing but I was pleasantly surprised.

Was just going to post this.... do the hdtv calibration and read all of the suggestions on set up and turn down the sharpness as well

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Anyone know how to turn off the profile switching when passing a controller around a group of people?

I just wanted to play some multiplayer races with my kids in Forza and every time a new person holds a controller it forces the game to restart and do the test track. So three other people have to just sit here and wait.

Incredible pain in the ass!!!

And I can't even take the controller and try to help because as soon as I do that it forces me to sign in.

What is the point of these highly detailed car models if they just get dumbed down during gameplay? The game looks good, but stop teasing us with these high quality models we can't actually drive. I thought that was the point of a next gen Forza. Detail and quality no matter what mode you are in.

Bulk_Rate

I am so sad about hearing of the PvZ2-ification of this series that I went out and replaced my long-ago traded copy of Forza 4 ($9 at half price books FTW).

I am a PS3 player mainly but F3 and F4 were my go-to racing games this gen and am sad to hear about the stripping of features and design around token buy-age.

Having said that, they still might suck me in if this controller feedback hoo-hah I keep hearing about is that good. Haven;t had a chance to try yet.

LowerLevel

I think they're still sorting out a bunch of issues with VIP/LE status and people not receiving gift cars/credits/tokens etc.

With the Reward tiers we were supposed to be gifted certain cars and credits as well but none of that has happened either.

That's exactly what I came in here about to ask. Thank you.

game is so awesome. and surprise the graphics are great ... nothing like what people have been spreading in this thread.
Driveatars are not assholes like some people claim and the impulse triggers work really well with this game.
Except for that Ayo Jube guy, bump me off the road right before the finish line and my first gold.

loving the game, too bad about over-monetization of contents, they need to make this up with fans with bunch of free unique cars. Make that Jube work overtime, making livery.

Up until just a few weeks ago, details such as jaggies as such never caught my eye. Screen tearing and frame rate drops did. With that said, when the cars are being showcased, jaggies fly straight to my face. Additionally, there is screen tearing in the roads on a few of the courses.

I have sharpness down to mid 40s on my 50 inch panasonic

I had my Panasonic calibrated and have sharpness set to zero. It just creates artefacts. Native 1080 content on a large display isn't begging for further edge enhancement.

Was just going to post this.... do the hdtv calibration and read all of the suggestions on set up and turn down the sharpness as well

Totally.

It hurts seeing people with beautiful displays set up like crap. My brother is shocking for it. Backlight at 10, sharpness at 100, cool white settings like a store demo. Makes everything look appalling, unnatural and shows up aliased edges everywhere.

Anyway, back on topic, I think the game looks amazing. It's hard to comment though without knowing what other people are seeing in person.

LeBoef

I dont get it. Why the hell did they cut custom public lobbies. They did the same shit in fm3.
Those hoppers are rubbish and for forza horizon. You re not able to find serious racing this way.

Biggest disappointment so far.

@helios
Why cant they just leave it like before?

This to me looks like a launch game trying to mask loading.

Hopefully we don't see this shit in Forza 6.

Thats what I think its doing as well. Thankfully the racing is sublime and I don't even like simulators that much.

I need to wait for my tax return. I need to wait for my tax return. I need to wait for my tax return. I need to wait for my tax return. I need to wait for my tax return.

It doesn't look like that ;)

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
The dramatic music in the first couple of races has totally thrown me for a loop. It's so cool.

The game is really beautiful....it's so sharp and perfect on my screen.

Can you exit out of an event after you've started it? I see no way to get out of the pre-race screen at all...

Devildoll

Is "rent a car" really what it sounds like? Or is it just a free-drive/test-drive mode?

The fact I even have to ask this is stupid.

The way it words it in-game seems to be that you can borrow a car ( use it without buying ) but you wont get any xp or credits while you race it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnzhPTpzZ94#t=53m42s

this timestamp of the GB quicklook shows something named freeplay, as well as the rental system.

Top Bottom