• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Freedom Wars - Import |OT| War, what is it good for? A HOVERBOARD!!!!

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Very curious about this. Any importers tried the online out? Will it be in the NA ver at launch?

No idea no word on that.

H2H mode apparently isnt in yet.

Rough translation. Correct me if I'm wrong

Ver 1.10

• Volunteer co-op via internet play
  • Enemy territory invasion volunteer- New volunteer mission to attack other PTs, allowing you to affect their GDPP
  • Proof of volunteer completion (for unlocking SP volunteer clear status if the mission was cleared in MP, allowing you to progress in SP story through MP)
  • Added the need to unlock story cut scene video logs through rights
  • Added an original movie set slightly before the game's story (requires certain amount of story progression)
  • New tutorials - additional ibara tutorials, one on basic action and one on special abilities
  • Ability to change names (found on the wall menu)
  • Additional options added to option menu (camera speed, amount of zoom when aiming, voice chat vol, chat use text options, lock on settings, configuring volunteer launch options)
  • Added individual Togabito rankings
  • Added new rights to unlock for those who have reduced their sentence to 0 years
  • Added more decals for the 47 prefectures
  • Added new accessories that require insane amounts of points to unlock (100k and up)
  • Added ability to free allies from the spider's net through melee attacks
  • Added the ability to change the voice of your Accessory (content will be released as DLC in the future)
  • Added text chat messages and emotions
    iNtTvvCjUQdX.jpg
  • Allied NPC AI balancing
  • Enemy togabito AI balancing
  • Adjustments to a variety of parameters
  • Other bug fixes

They didn't elaborate on the bug fixes

Up next, 4v4 PvP and ideological warfare(??)

If you read some of the previous posts there have been at least 2 others who have tried out co-op play.

Fhoenix

Not gonna update until I grind the remaining part of my years. Free plants are too good to lose.

You know, the plant system in this game is fundamentally broken. They took it from free to play games on the phones, but unlike the phone Vita can not run several games at the same time, so it's either run the plants or play something else. And I really want to finish Sora no Kiseki SC already :D

Parakeetman

Not gonna update until I grind the remaining part of my years. Free plants are too good to lose.

You know, the plant system in this game is fundamentally broken. They took it from free to play games on the phones, but unlike the phone Vita can not run several games at the same time, so it's either run the plants or play something else. And I really want to finish Sora no Kiseki SC already :D

You do know you can use civilians to cut down the time of the longer time limits right? And its not like you will be doing things that should take that long that often anyways.

Anko

Do the plants really give that much? I'd rather wait for the next tenbatsu event or just join the co-op rooms doing tenbatsu runs, slap on both the volunteer boosters and get 17,500 years off every 10-15 minutes while farming for alpha parts.

Fhoenix

I know, but I have enough civilians to cover two or three hours of plant work. That's like a drop in the ocean. And I am keeping them for the time when I will have to move the modules.

To make one Barbara with all elements you'd need to feed it 4 * 17 = 68 weapons in the very least. That's 15 hours to add elements to one weapon. Add maybe 15 more hours to make those 68 weapons (or you can buy fire and cold weapons from the shop, but then you'd need to feed more then 68). And several hours to level up the weapon itself and add modules. That's... several days of waiting for one weapon. God help you if you want to make several.

Fhoenix

Do the plants really give that much? I'd rather wait for the next tenbatsu event or just join the co-op rooms doing tenbatsu runs, slap on both the volunteer boosters and get 17,500 years off every 10-15 minutes while farming for alpha parts.

Something like 50k years per hour. I'd do the tenbatsu sure, if there were any. Somehow whenever I start the game the event is over already.
I am not even sure I'll be able to play online with my NAT (if Soul Sacrifice is any indication then not). I want to download the patch to check, but at the same time I don't want to lose the plants just to find out I can not play after all.

Before the patch it was worth doing, now it's easier to just do coop tenbatsu runs.

Prelude.

I'm not trying to start anything so I'm not gonna post any link but since I found it pretty funny and since Parakeetman is kinda involved I might as well share it.

So, remember that thread on Reddit a while ago about how terrible FW is and Parakeetman proved it was full of shit? Well, something happened, he dun goofed hard and now that user has been exposed of being indeed full of shit. He's basically a professional FUD spreader (which also happens to be a competitive Pokèmon player) that kept shitposting about anything Sony-related until now, in particular about the "Barbie dress up game" FW, on various boards/forums pretending to own those games. He did the same when SS was released.

Console warriors, mang.

fedexpeon

Banned
I'm not trying to start anything so I'm not gonna post any link but since I found it pretty funny and since Parakeetman is kinda involved I might as well share it.

So, remember that thread on Reddit a while ago about how terrible FW is and Parakeetman proved it was full of shit? Well, something happened, he dun goofed hard and now that user has been exposed of being indeed full of shit. He's basically a professional FUD spreader (which also happens to be a competitive Pokèmon player) that kept shitposting about anything Sony-related until now, in particular about the "Barbie dress up game" FW, on various boards/forums pretending to own those games. He did the same when SS was released.

Console warriors, mang.

LOL...A professional FUD spreader...smh.
I mean, why go into that much effort in creating an account across multiple boards?
Isn't there anything else he can do in his free time?
Like catching a shiny Pokemon instead?

PS: I would love a link so I can read the crazies >.>

Prelude.

LOL...A professional FUD spreader...smh.
I mean, why go into that much effort in creating an account across multiple boards?
Isn't there anything else he can do in his free time?
Like catching a shiny Pokemon instead?

PS: I would love a link so I can read the crazies >.>
Well, of course "professional" as in "full-time", it'd be less sad if he was actually being paid.

But, yeah, I prefer to not link anything since it's one of those things where a profile leads to another and you end up on his youtube channel with his face being shown.

Parakeetman

Console warriors, mang.

reminds me of the dumbshits on amazon who write "reviews" before or literally on the day the game came out claiming they have played for 72 hrs etc.

Anko

Console warriors, mang.

...Sad, really. I'm having quite a bit of fun with the internet co-op.

So they finally released the free DLC hair and eye pack in Asia, alongside some other not so cheap eye glasses and headgear pack. Apparently they're calling the Togabito Sinners. Also, the traditional Chinese version is releasing in 3 days, on the 7th of August. PS plus members get 10% off during the period 7th Aug to 20th Aug. While I have no plans to purchase it in Chinese, I just might get it in English when it releases, whenever that might be.

Fhoenix

Console warriors, mang.

What do you mean pretending to own the game? I saw him playing FW on twitch once, so he definitely owns it. And to be fair he has a point with most of his complaints on reddit. It's just that he mentions all the bad parts and does not go into details about the good parts of the game. That's the problem there, not that he is lying or anything.

And I dunno, I think you shouldn't bash the guy (nothing good ever comes of it), but if you are going to bash him, leave a link with proof or you calling him "full of shit" comes off even worse.

Prelude.

reminds me of the dumbshits on amazon who write "reviews" before or literally on the day the game came out claiming they have played for 72 hrs etc.
He lives in Japan so you can bet he's one of them.

What do you mean pretending to own the game? I saw him playing FW on twitch once, so he definitely owns it. And to be fair he has a point with most of his complaints on reddit. It's just that he mentions all the bad parts and does not go into details about the good parts of the game. That's the problem there, not that he is lying or anything.
Considering he tried to pass off every screenshot he posted for his own while they were just grabbed from japanese blogs and the like I sincerely doubt he had the game.

Anko

meppi

Just noticed that the preorder just went up on shop to. And it's not even £23! :D

Still no sign of it on Amazon though, but oh well.

MSMrRound

lol crazy.

though isnt the source that asunaro_game account?

Saw it being posted by Elliot on my Twitter timeline, so mentioned the first source I saw the info from. The article he posted linked to the asunaro_game tweet.

If Nick A and team ever add a "South East Asia" panopticon, please don't come and destroy us :(

Just noticed that the preorder just went up on shop to. And it's not even £23! :D

Still no sign of it on Amazon though, but oh well.

It can't be released soon enough! :)

Edit: are people still talking down on the game on JP forums or could the update give it som legs?

Parakeetman

It can't be released soon enough! :)

Edit: are people still talking down on the game on JP forums or could the update give it som legs?

it still cant fix the fundamental problems that lies within the game design but at least now you can play coop with friends

it still cant fix the fundamental problems that lies within the game design but at least now you can play coop with friends

And if I understand you correct the problems with the game is that melee combat is inferior to guns(which makes it "useless"), the crafting system is more or less random and the humanoid enemies just pop in on the map and are too skillful?

Edit: and that the friendly AI is pretty bad?

Parakeetman

And if I understand you correct the problems with the game is that melee combat is inferior to guns(which makes it "useless"), the crafting system is more or less random and the humanoid enemies just pop in on the map and are too skillful?

there are a lot of various things that add up but yes thats some if them. plus the バーバラ still pretty much wrecks gamebalance if its maxed out correctly lol

crafting system is partially random since some of it can be controlled by the player to sn extent with rare items but there still will be some randomization thrown in

Anko

Playing co-op, I do see people relying on Melee weapons and not entirely on ranged weapons. I do a mix of both too, now that I've abandoned small weapons and gone towards Spears while working on a caliburn. In co-op, players tend to drag down or stun the abductors more so you do have opportunity to attack with the Melee weapon. If everyone focuses their attack, it's possible to chain stun the abductor for a short while.

It's also not actually feasible for everyone to rely on ranged weapons due to the ammo being limited. AI npc have unlimited ammo but your human partners don't. You might not be able to only use ranged even if you bring all possible ammo packs along. It's not nice to hog all the ammo packs in the field too. I've not tried two guns though. That would literally double your ammo.

Humanoid enemies have lost a lot of accuracy. While it's not entirely safe to completely ignore them, it's much more manageable than before.

I've also noticed the allied Ai being a bit more flexible in what they're doing. Granted it was only one game but they were still reviving and healing normally when told to focus fire. I will have to play more to really see how much they improved the allied Ai. I think they still can't jump over barricades though, and I'm starting to think that's by design.

there are a lot of various things that add up but yes thats some if them. plus the バーバラ still pretty much wrecks gamebalance if its maxed out correctly lol

crafting system is partially random since some of it can be controlled by the player to sn extent with rare items but there still will be some randomization thrown in

In which way are those problems unable to correct with a patch?

Parakeetman

In which way are those problems unable to correct with a patch?

yes

more major changes would be in an expansion more than likely.

What would continue is just the releasing of extra content to keep folks occupied while "if" another is being made, version of the game is in development.

Its a similar situation with what happened with Soul Sacrifice. Though that didnt get panned anything like what happened here initially.

Will be looking forward to seeing how the H2H stuff does once its released. Since looks like folks wasted no time in attacking other areas panopticons with the missions.

baekshi

Banned
yes

more major changes would be in an expansion more than likely.

What would continue is just the releasing of extra content to keep folks occupied while "if" another is being made, version of the game is in development.

Its a similar situation with what happened with Soul Sacrifice. Though that didnt get panned anything like what happened here initially.

Will be looking forward to seeing how the H2H stuff does once its released. Since looks like folks wasted no time in attacking other areas panopticons with the missions.
Soulsac h2h would be dope

Parakeetman

one thing for sure is that in the west for 30 bucks there is more than enough to do content wise and folks will get their $$$ worth

Anko

Oh my. They're making us work towards the next Tenbatsu event. How many Tenbatsu missions we have access to during the event period depends on each PT's GDPP average. Tokyo is doomed. ;_;

Desperately raising GDPP now.

Parakeetman

Oh my. They're making us work towards the next Tenbatsu event. How many Tenbatsu missions we have access to during the event period depends on each PT's GDPP average. Tokyo is doomed. ;_;

Desperately raising GDPP now.

average eh? wonder where that leaves yamanashi then lol

Arcblast

Neo Member
Man, online is fun. Melee is really good when playing with people. My medic build finally gets some use and I love using it in difficult Tenbatsu missions.

If they can fix the randomized weapon crafting system... or at least minimize the randomness, that'd be great. Other than that, just fix the Barbara gun and give small buff to some weapons then everything should be good.

For now, I am quite happy with the game.

Parakeetman

Man, online is fun. Melee is really good when playing with people. My medic build finally gets some use and I love using it in difficult Tenbatsu missions.

If they can fix the randomized weapon crafting system... or at least minimize the randomness, that'd be great. Other than that, just fix the Barbara gun and give small buff to some weapons then everything should be good.

For now, I am quite happy with the game.

actually you xan minimize it yourself with a rare resource but there will still be 3 slots on a max slot item that will be randomized i think.

Arcblast

Neo Member
actually you xan minimize it yourself with a rare resource but there will still be 3 slots on a max slot item that will be randomized i think.

Oh, you can lower it down to three? That's not too bad I guess. I haven't experimented with inheriting attribute much yet as I only have three max slot weapons right now. And two of which are just niche weapons that I wouldn't bother upgrading.

I guess I can do it with Barbara and try to make it as absurd as possible loll. But those materials are really rare man... I hope I don't screw this up lol.

Anko

average eh? wonder where that leaves yamanashi then lol

I've joined a few rooms that attacked them simply because they didn't know who else to attack. Can't do any damage when it's already at 0, right? I doubt they actually bother contributing to the GDPP anymore.

A lot of the PTs have their average at over 60k, which will give them the max tenbatsu missions. Tokyo on the other hand...

Parakeetman

Oh, you can lower it down to three? That's not too bad I guess. I haven't experimented with inheriting attribute much yet as I only have three max slot weapons right now. And two of which are just niche weapons that I wouldn't bother upgrading.

I guess I can do it with Barbara and try to make it as absurd as possible loll. But those materials are really rare man... I hope I don't screw this up lol.

at one point in the game its pretty easy to just keep running circuits. just that it gets tedious.

For those that can read japanese this pretty much is the only guide you need as its by literally the most "famous" FW player in Japan currently.

http://game.girldoll.org/consumer/freedomwars/88360/

Anko

What's the current average?

We've finally hit 37k. I think we can only do 40k at best. 50k and 60k are definitely out of reach.

People like to attack Tokyo just because it ranks top with the overall GDPP score, even though average score seems to be more important.

Aside from Tottori having a crazy 205k average, every other PT has at least 50k, with many in the 60k-80k range. Tokyo is 2nd to last, and that's because there's Yamanashi...

Parakeetman

ill check with a coworker as he knows the exact number

its 7 you can protect but after 5 will be random sorry about the incorrect info earlier thats for a max 12 slot item

Arcblast

Neo Member
at one point in the game its pretty easy to just keep running circuits. just that it gets tedious.

For those that can read japanese this pretty much is the only guide you need as its by literally the most "famous" FW player in Japan currently.

Hey thanks for the link! Looks like I am still missing one or two materials loll.

Yeah the game is definitely gets tedious at one point that's why I play with more variety of weapons and styles. When I look at Togabito cards from others, I simply cannot grasp how a lot of ppl can literally play only one style for like hundreds of hours.

ill check with a coworker as he knows the exact number

its 7 you can protect but after 5 will be random sorry about the incorrect info earlier thats for a max 12 slot item

Oh no worries, man! And thank you clarifying. Yeah, I was testing wpn modding with PS+ trick, but I did not have the material to protect 7 perks. So ended up protecting five and with a little bit of luck the result wasn't bad at all. So far, I've gotten a lv5 Barbara up to 1700 damage with 6 rounds. Trying to see if I can get it up to 7 rounds later.

Also I am not sure if this is true, but it seems like if you want inherit three perks from a weapon, you want to get it from a rarity 2 wpn with the exact 3 perks and no empty slots, instead of a rarity 5 wpn with 3 perks + 3 empty slots. In my experience, those empty slots seem to screw things up horribly. Again I am not sure if this is true for everyone, just saying that's what I had experienced.

Kysen

I must have made 20+ Barbara's by now and only 2 rare 8 weapons. Both mid level :( I just gave up and decided to raise one of the rare 8. I've put in over 7 hours getting this weapon to level 7 and have now hit a roadblock that requires 天罰 materials. Is there anyway to force these missions?

Even though I haven't followed that guide posted earlier to a T it's funny how fast abductors die to focus fire from the Barbara. Spider boss = lol once you break it's ass. Tempted to drop my melee weapon and just run two of them as ammo has become a huge problem.

Fhoenix

Quite a good guide and the penguin picture made me laugh. Thanks.

I have a question, if anybody is willing to explain. In point 3 of the guide he speaks about adjusting the attack of barbara to 323. I get why 323 would be the ideal value. But how does the adjustment work? I never noticed 武器改良 to change base attack values (only what you get from the modules/elements).

Anko

I must have made 20+ Barbara's by now and only 2 rare 8 weapons. Both mid level :( I just gave up and decided to raise one of the rare 8. I've put in over 7 hours getting this weapon to level 7 and have now hit a roadblock that requires 天罰 materials. Is there anyway to force these missions?

Even though I haven't followed that guide posted earlier to a T it's funny how fast abductors die to focus fire from the Barbara. Spider boss = lol once you break it's ass. Tempted to drop my melee weapon and just run two of them as ammo has become a huge problem.

Next freeflow Tenbatsu event will last from 14th August (Thu) 11am JST to 18th August (Mon) 11am JST, which seems to be comiket weekend.
Most PTs will have access to all based on the list below:

一人当たりのGDPP貢献値が「20000」以上のPT

シ101号作戦:市民1名奪還(コウシン、α-コウシン 出現)
ジ102号作戦:市民1名奪還(パラドクサ、α-パラドクサ 出現)

一人当たりのGDPP貢献値が「25000」以上のPT

サ109号作戦:市民5名奪還(ディオーネ、コウシン、パラドクサ 出現)

一人当たりのGDPP貢献値が「30000」以上のPT

シ108号作戦:市民5名奪還(α-パラドクサ、α-コウシン 出現)

一人当たりのGDPP貢献値が「40000」以上のPT

サ107号作戦:市民3名奪還(α-ディオーネ 出現)

一人当たりのGDPP貢献値が「60000」以上のPT

サ107号作戦:市民3名奪還(α-ディオーネ 出現)
プ104号作戦:目標排除(α-ディオーネ、α-パラドクサ 出現)

Otherwise, join someone else's room ;_;

I don't think Tokyo can hit 40k. T_T Desperately manufacturing large ammo packs but it feels so futile. Deadline is 8th Aug at 11am JST. Orz

I'm also seeing quite a few people maxing out Excalibur at around 2.8k damage and using the special one hit attack to erase obscene amounts of HP from abductors with each hit. I believe the key lies in the critical chance/damage. It's not useful if your aim is to farm parts though.

Top Bottom