• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Freedom Wars |OT| Vita's imprisonment for million years

baekshi

Banned
So apparently people with 1.20 can go online and 1.21 also...but then you get separated if the other users doesn't have that patch.

What kind of nonsense is this

people

So apparently people with 1.20 can go online and 1.21 also...but then you get separated if the other users doesn't have that patch.

What kind of nonsense is this

I noticed this, much less co-op rooms available at random times since a few days. First I thought it'd have something to do with Thanksgiving, but I only find European or Australian hosts anymore.
Maybe it's not such a bad thing for me personally though, after 1000+ co-op missions I can use a break to build/mod some more weapons..

SCEE, please.

KDR_11k

Finally came back to 7-5 and finished it. Setting everyone to Prioritize Revival turned out to be the most important part - and even then, I failed the mission once while practicing on ad-hoc after finally severing all the boxes.

I brought Kai and Sergio in the hope that they could help with severing the boxes (since they are the only characters equipped for it). Unfortunately they won't do that if set to Prioritize Revival... and yet Sergio will still use his rocket launcher, which causes the chains to be released sooner than you planned anyway. At least it's much slower this way.

My main allies are Elfriede, Kai and Marie. I dunno if that'soptimal but it seems to work, they're very revive-happy.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Yesterday i made i mission against a spider and a tiger, unlike what i use to do i decided to not cut parts but to kill as fast as possible.
I was able to attract the spider leaving the tiger where it was, i was just shooting at the center of the spider with my minigun-like weapon when after 2 or 3 minutes ALL its armor parts flew away AT THE SAME TIME! Lol It was awesome! XD

Damn i was almost at the end of the "COD8 exam" but i failed again :\

people

Damn i was almost at the end of the "COD8 exam" but i failed again :\

From your earlier posts about this (CODE 8 Exam) I got the impression that you'd prefer to beat it by yourself offline and I can respect that. However, I can also imagine you might be getting frustrated by now. Especially because you are doing it offline, which means failure on 7-5 means starting from 7-3.

I'm happy to help you 'just pass' the exam, or at the very least get you the 'Proof of Non-failure', so you can move on whenever you feel want to move on. Keep in mind CODE 8 unlocks level 8 Facility permissions among other things, allowing you to start the Rarity 8 weapon 'lottery'.

Only caveat at the moment is that I'm stuck on version 1.20 until they decide to release the 1.21 upgrade to Europe, I don't know which version you have. Either way, good luck!

Soulhouf

From your earlier posts about this (CODE 8 Exam) I got the impression that you'd prefer to beat it by yourself offline and I can respect that. However, I can also imagine you might be getting frustrated by now. Especially because you are doing it offline, which means failure on 7-5 means starting from 7-3.

I'm happy to help you 'just pass' the exam, or at the very least get you the 'Proof of Non-failure', so you can move on whenever you feel want to move on. Keep in mind CODE 8 unlocks level 8 Facility permissions among other things, allowing you to start the Rarity 8 weapon 'lottery'.

Only caveat at the moment is that I'm stuck on version 1.20 until they decide to release the 1.21 upgrade to Europe, I don't know which version you have. Either way, good luck!

I'm in the same boat but it was by necessity. I'm playing the Japanese version with a US account and was LTTP so I had to do everything on my own.
Well, I bang my head against a wall a few times but I was able to overcome the challenge after few tries.
Now the only thing that remains are the Retribution missions but that's only because I have crap weapons right now. Once I upgrade mine beyond +4 which I was stuck with for a long time, I'm confident I can clear all the remaining missions.

First weapon manufactured by my new level 8 facilities is a rarity 8 Barbara with 322 power. One less than the late bloomer maximum. This is never going to happen again.

(And so far, no other rarity 8 weapon has been made.)

KDR_11k

Yesterday i made i mission against a spider and a tiger, unlike what i use to do i decided to not cut parts but to kill as fast as possible.
I was able to attract the spider leaving the tiger where it was, i was just shooting at the center of the spider with my minigun-like weapon when after 2 or 3 minutes ALL its armor parts flew away AT THE SAME TIME! Lol It was awesome! XD

The spiders jettison their armor after taking maybe 20-25% damage. I dunno if you get the segment removal bonus from that but you can at least pick up the armor part that's on the ground.

DrFurbs

Guys I need the ramosa talon. I've tried blasting it, meleeing it with that concrete club. How on earth does this thing come off.

And while I'm here. Having problems with 5-2 CT5-3 eliminate forces.. Abductor optinal.

I'm being overwhelmed. How do I beat this?

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

Thanks for the offer but yesterday i did it! XD
I knew i could do it, i only had to learn to use items and orders(i did easily all the rest without using them) lol.

The spiders jettison their armor after taking maybe 20-25% damage. I dunno if you get the segment removal bonus from that but you can at least pick up the armor part that's on the ground.
That's why i like cutting things ;)

Mephala

Guys I need the ramosa talon. I've tried blasting it, meleeing it with that concrete club. How on earth does this thing come off.

And while I'm here. Having problems with 5-2 CT5-3 eliminate forces.. Abductor optinal.

I'm being overwhelmed. How do I beat this?

Not sure if it is front arm you need. It has a shoulder armor that needs to be blasted off. Then you can damage the shoulder directly and it comes off just like anything else. I suggest plenty of red thorn users to drag it down. You might try a light weapon that can sever rather than a large club.

baekshi

Banned
Figured that was the case I'll have to find the one that has it. Another question the synthetic generator: red rage mk2 is a rare drop from breaking the pod?

Edit:
Thanks, this spread sheet will come in handy.

That one dropped for me by killing it, but I heard it can picked up also. >.>

Doombear

Thanks for both of your recent links, Korialstrasz. I wasn't aware of either of those. Very helpful.

Just finished the Code 6 test, it was a hectic fun-filled mess! Love it. Only thing I didn't care for was
the silly bear trolling me and telling me I failed it though. Jerk.

baekshi

Banned
Conspiracy theory: The 1.21 patch didn't change anything, it's purpose is to improve network stability by seperating EU from NA. /s

I'll need to check but I'm pretty sure it was stuff like numberpad(####) appearing and perhaps stability of sinner ranking that japan got with 1.22.

Prelude.

I just finished the main story and yeah, I can tell it's by Shift. The ending is basically GE pre-Burst.

PS: Nikoro said that he didn't know Europe didn't receive the update and that he'll look into it.

Xenoflare

Online really makes everything in the story trivial.

I finished the Code 7 exam til the final battle without doing jackshit.

Time to give it a rest now.

This better has a sequel to expand on that non ending

Prelude.

Online really makes everything in the story trivial.

I finished the Code 7 exam til the final battle without doing jackshit.

Time to give it a rest now.

This better has a sequel to expand on that non ending
You can finish pretty much everything until code 8 on your own, it's not that hard. You should keep going anyway, it's not over.

Thanks SCEE
Wow, fucking finally.

Xenoflare

You can finish pretty much everything until code 8 on your own, it's not that hard. You should keep going anyway, it's not over.

Wow, fucking finally.

Not saying they are impossible on my own, but with online I finished everything at 1/2 the time I usually use on my own. It's a hell lot faster.

Shizuka

I finished all missions from CODE 2 online, but I nerd to finish them during single-player, how do I just show the game I already finished those?

Well yeah, but that's no fun.

I disagree. Playing with others is more fun in this game, even if we're talking about the first time going through story missions.

Especially fact that it also gives you far more option to whatever weapon/setup you want to take, especially melee.

Prelude.

I disagree. Playing with others is more fun in this game, even if we're talking about the first time going through story missions.

Especially fact that it also gives you far more option to whatever weapon/setup you want to take, especially melee.
Different opinions. Taking away the challenge is detrimental to the experience since the main missions are "tuned" to be completable in sp, imho.

Xenoflare

But that's pretty easy...

Yes, but I don't really like getting hit my unexpected precision laser fire. The amount of sustainability is high and staying around the pillar in the middle helped.

Sorry if uh my definition of frustration offends anyone. I'm terrible in hunting games.

Prelude.

Yes, but I don't really like getting hit my unexpected precision laser fire. The amount of sustainability is high and staying around the pillar in the middle helped.

Sorry if uh my definition of frustration offends anyone. I'm terrible in hunting games.
Yeah, it's pretty damn easy. And I've only played GE:Burst before so I'm no expert.
You just need to grab them with the thorn and dive into them with triangle with a melee weapon and it always works.

I also didn't understand how to do the Code 7 exam properly. Kept getting stun-locked by two melee enemies at the same time.

Finally cheesed it by
hiding on the overhead pipes.

YoungOne

My babaras carries 5 shots each mag so I added clip size (XL) and it is still with 5 shots per mag what is it that I'm doing wrong?

Top Bottom