• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Lmao at Chief Keef intro. I can't listen to this shit right now rofl will have my ass up all night when i need to get up at 5.

Anyway, I saw people saying would be like a spiritual successor to Flockaveli and I'm just not accepting that at all. Just let his shit stand on its own because Chief Keef has nowhere near the amount of energy Flocka has. Sure beats wise I'm sure it's there, but that wasn't all of what Flockaveli enjoyable.

Screaming in everything isn't awesome

DominoKid

Lmao at Chief Keef intro. I can't listen to this shit right now rofl will have my ass up all night when i need to get up at 5.

Anyway, I saw people saying would be like a spiritual successor to Flockaveli and I'm just not accepting that at all. Just let his shit stand on its own because Chief Keef has nowhere near the amount of energy Flocka has. Sure beats wise I'm sure it's there, but that wasn't all of what Flockaveli enjoyable.

the album isnt conducive to studying lol. i can say that much.
as soon as i turned it on just now i could feel the last 4 hours of studying just fly out of my brain.

im still cooler than a cooler though.

overcast

Didn't like the Kirko Bangz track, and Middle of the Night, but so far Gibbs does his thing on this album. I'll continue to spin it and see what staying power it has.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
The Red Cafe mixtape is pretty damn dope..

Too bad it's going to get lost..

CRS

credits.png

A FlyLo beat and some other rapper featured on there.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I thought we hit the bottom of the barrel when Chief Keef got signed to a big money deal. But trinidad fucking james getting 2 million...what the fuck. We've moved beyond scrapping the bottom of the barrel and are now scrapping the shit smelling mold off the corners. Who the fuck signs a dude based off a decent hook and beat? Did they not bother to listen to him at all? No fucking rapping ability at all.

My only comfort is knowing that 2 million probably comes with a lot of small print his stupid ass never bothered to read like having to pay the label back for producer and guest artist fees, producing videos, or promotion. Same way a lot of these rappers got fucked back in the day when they spent their little advance on a benz and some weed and then found out they needed to pay their record company back for expenses.

coldvein

Banned
I thought we hit the bottom of the barrel when Chief Keef got signed to a big money deal. But trinidad fucking james getting 2 million...what the fuck. We've moved beyond scrapping the bottom of the barrel and are now scrapping the shit smelling mold off the corners. Who the fuck signs a dude based off a decent hook and beat? Did they not bother to listen to him at all? No fucking rapping ability at all.

My only comfort is knowing that 2 million probably comes with a lot of small print his stupid ass never bothered to read like having to pay the label back for producer and guest artist fees, producing videos, or promotion. Same way a lot of these rappers got fucked back in the day when they spent their little advance on a benz and some weed and then found out they needed to pay their record company back for expenses.

i wish i was wide awake and it was 2 PM in vietnam or wherever.

siddx

i was referring to the fact that siddx lives in a tropical paradise and i dont, and im jealous.

To be fair I live near a lot of tropical paradises (going to Boracay, Philippines in a few days actually) but Saigon itself is just a big ol dirty city like many others. Although it's more entertaining and interesting than most other big cities I've lived in and visited. Put the closest tropical paradise is a an hour flight or several hour drive.

coldvein

Banned
To be fair I live near a lot of tropical paradises (going to Boracay, Philippines in a few days actually) but Saigon itself is just a big ol dirty city like many others. Although it's more entertaining and interesting than most other big cities I've lived in and visited. Put the closest tropical paradise is a an hour flight or several hour drive.

i just envision a big grimy place where everybody rides bikes or motorcycles or rickshaws. and there's dank noodle stands everywhere. and its warm. and there are no interstates with traffic jams and shit. i know that this may not be accurate, just let me have my dreams.

siddx

i just envision a big grimy place where everybody rides bikes or motorcycles or rickshaws. and there's dank noodle stands everywhere. and its warm. and there are no interstates with traffic jams and shit. i know that this may not be accurate, just let me have my dreams.

lol well you're half right. Depending on the day it's either fairly hot or hot as fuck but never intolerable. Lots of Pho places. Motorcycles fucking everywhere. But theres an interstate that cuts through the city by the river and the inner city roads are so packed with traffic at rush hour it's mind boggling. It's like a fucking sea of motorcycles moving like sludge threw two lane streets. To the point the motherfuckers will start driving up onto the sidewalk like "fuck you pedestrian I'm driving here".
Northern district 1 is modern as hell though. Huge roads, beautiful sidewalks, big malls and expensive stores with every kind of restaurant you can imagine. Some areas feel like a european or US city it's so clean and modern. But move down south a few blocks and there are still chickens walking around the sidewalk and people selling sandals on tarps.

Novid

Banned

yep.

//B1G

Banned

Yo I feel the exact same way, though I've never even heard of this Trinidad dude before this thread a couple days ago so I can't really say I'm too heated about that.
But on the real it is fucked, and it pisses me off in a way so many dudes want to run around this thread like they've got the best taste and this and that and then be so hyped for chief keef's tape... Like are you serious? You're a fucking idiot is what I have to say to those dudes.

siddx

Yo I feel the exact same way, though I've never even heard of this Trinidad dude before this thread a couple days ago so I can't really say I'm too heated about that.
But on the real it is fucked, and it pisses me off in a way so many dudes want to run around this thread like they've got the best taste and this and that and then be so hyped for chief keef's tape... Like are you serious? You're a fucking idiot is what I have to say to those dudes.

The whole idea of these motherfuckers getting signed and getting exposure is ridiculous to me. At the very least be able to do the one fucking thing you're supposed to know how to do, it's not THAT hard, be a rapper. Learn how to ride a beat, learn how to write a bar that fits and doesn't force you to throw a stupid fucking adlib in to take up space every goddamn line. I draw the line at rappers who can't even be bothered to learn how to be halfway decent at their craft. Fucking lames.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.

ya can still like "good" music, but listen to stupid shit and be hyped on it. Didn't know that was against some weird rule no one was aware of.

siddx

ya can still like "good" music, but listen to stupid shit and be hyped on it. Didn't know that was against some weird rule no one was aware of.

Listening to stupid shit is fine. Gucci, wacka, 2 chainz. All stupid but entertaining. But trinidad and keef aren't just stupid, they are embarrassingly poor at being rappers. And when your day job is to be a motherfucking rapper, it's probably a good idea to be somewhat passable as one and not sound like someone doing a "mockrap" to poke fun at the genre.

//B1G

Banned
The whole idea of these motherfuckers getting signed and getting exposure is ridiculous to me. At the very least be able to do the one fucking thing you're supposed to know how to do, it's not THAT hard, be a rapper. Learn how to ride a beat, learn how to write a bar that fits and doesn't force you to throw a stupid fucking adlib in to take up space every goddamn line. I draw the line at rappers who can't even be bothered to learn how to be halfway decent at their craft. Fucking lames.

When I saw that video of him not even being able to get his adlibs right I couldn't even be angry anymore... It was just like 'yep, this is how stupid this dude really is.'
And wenis there's a difference between liking music that gets you buck and supporting this plague on the industry.
It's analogous to people talking shit about pirates ruining it for PC gamers, that same mentality is what's making it so hard for REAL rappers to make money.

Dying at yall getting panties in a bunch over Keef still especially when there is like 2 or 3 people actually checking for him out of the 20 or so.

Trinidad James deal is a bit funny tho cause they didn't even wait til he came out with a 2nd tape to make sure he isn't an underground one hit wonder

Pretty sure French and 2chainz have ignorant album of the year on lock. That Chief Keef album is no where in the same league.
Love Sosa>BOATS=Mac N Cheese>>>>____________>Finally Rich

Dyyyying. You fools on that tip have no brain of your own. Well my friend likes it so oh yeah it is catchy!!!
Lol where do you come up with this shit? I am typically the one that introduces my friends to new music since they are primarily mainstream listeners. You can keep coming up with some unbelievable bullshit tho

Nitsuj23

Listening to stupid shit is fine. Gucci, wacka, 2 chainz. All stupid but entertaining. But trinidad and keef aren't just stupid, they are embarrassingly poor at being rappers. And when your day job is to be a motherfucking rapper, it's probably a good idea to be somewhat passable as one and not sound like someone doing a "mockrap" to poke fun at the genre.

I feel like if "conscious" rap sold more records than club stuff, 2 Chainz might still be able to pull something decent off. Dude seems pretty versatile. He came off fairly intelligent in his Nardwaur interview, I have a new found respect for Tity Two Necklace after watching that. On the other end of the spectrum you have Keef who legitimately seems retarded, especially after watching that thing with him and Gambino.

A little off topic, but I plan on making a TDE soundboard iPhone app as my first foray into iOS development. Seems like it could be nice introduction, and hopefully not too difficult. Basically I'll have like five little soundbites for each Black Hippy member to start (i.e., YAWK YAWK, 2 much for these ninjas, 3 much for these hoes, etc.). I did a quick mockup of what I kind of want the app to look like. Would love to get some feedback since I'm terrible and judging my own work and this is literally my first attempt at this. Here's a link to a screenshot, don't want to force it on anyone.

//B1G

Banned
Lol where do you come up with this shit? I am typically the one that introduces my friends to new music since they are primarily mainstream listeners. You can keep coming up with some unbelievable bullshit tho

Ha breh you in denial? Isn't it you that's posting hip-hop "news" every five minutes?
Omg Chris brown said that the twitter beef was actually just messing around rofl

Uhh no it is not me. If you going to come at me at the very least get your shit straight

Also if you got that YAWK YAWK in that Tde app then I would be having too much fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom