• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Irritating me too and I am a huge Pusha T fan. I was pretty disgusted when his "debut" album got moved out to 2013. F**king bullshit. Kanye's his boss, and Kanye is usually pretty good about striking while the iron is hot. My God is his best song in my opinion, then the collab with Tyler came out and got hot too - then What Dreams Are Made Of - another motherf**king amazing Pusha song. I feel like they are missing out on a huge opportunity here with him. Unless there are a bunch of singles planned, they need to be very concerned with him fading a little bit again, and I would personally hate to see that - because he is my favorite rapper :(
I don't think it's Kanye's issue. Kanye is backing him, but GOOD is just an imprint, right? He's having trouble selling himself to the labels, same way CyHi and most of them are. Big Sean is much more marketable. Pusha comes from a school people don't want to invest in anymore, even if IMO Pusha has been murdering features all year.

Until Pusha gets Meek levels of buzz and an actual MOVEMENT, I don't think his debut will come out, or do good if it's forced to come out.

I honestly think Pusha T should of been dropping either more songs/videos this year or a mixtape. I'd like to believe he did gain somewhat of a bigger buzz this year by some of his features, but he didn't take advantage of it at all.

DominoKid

I don't think it's Kanye's issue. Kanye is backing him, but GOOD is just an imprint, right? He's having trouble selling himself to the labels, same way CyHi and most of them are. Big Sean is much more marketable. Pusha comes from a school people don't want to invest in anymore, even if IMO Pusha has been murdering features all year.

Until Pusha gets Meek levels of buzz and an actual MOVEMENT, I don't think his debut will come out, or do good if it's forced to come out.

Nope GOOD is a label official now afaik.

CRS

Game Theory is god-tier because of Baby.

I have a ziplock bag with a bunch of stems for when I finally get around to trying some Green Dragon. Need to figure out how much I need for a liter or so.

PBY

Banned
cover.jpg

http://www.livemixtapes.com/mixtapes/19699/sd-life-of-a-savage-2.html

Just finished listening to this. Beats/mixing/rapping are better than the first one. He gets a pretty good Chief Keef feature. Still not a great mixtape, but itll get you hype for what it is.

My fav song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubLxlrbGpFs
Hype as hell, this is legitimately a good song. THIS THAT DOPE FLOWWW

Another good one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSwR69J2Qx8&feature=relmfu

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I had to think a good minute or two to remember who is Mack Maine
Weed carrier's driver

GBE don't want it with Cash Money. Nobody want it with Cash Money. Now they're going to order up a Boi-1da x Drake diss track, and then we all lose.
Drake ain't riding no more

And cash money has been clowned many of times for many years

Blackace

Can't be that bad, our very own DJ Ace put his name on the cover!
I remember when I buried DJ Kutt Throat here

A lot of those guys aren't very good DJs
DJ Smallz is hilariously not good

DominoKid

mack maine and cortez run all of ymcmb.

sn: it's wild to me how Goblin sounds way more dated than Bastard.
sn2: i'd forgotten how much pitch shifting Tyler uses on this album lol. Bastard btw.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Drake ain't riding no more

And cash money has been clowned many of times for many years
Eh? He still repped them at his birthday party, still keeping up the image or is it for real? What happened with that Drake vs. Cash Money issue with royalties anyways?

sn2: i'd forgotten how much pitch shifting Tyler uses on this album lol. Bastard btw.

I was thinking of revisiting those albums to see how I felt about them. Barely been having time to do anything. Maybe at work tomorrow I'll try.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Late on the Meek talk but my issue with him lies entirely with the fact he has the most annoying fucking voice in the world and everytime he raps I want to kill a baby.
Believe It is good though, entirely because of Ross.

Blackace

Late on the Meek talk but my issue with him lies entirely with the fact he has the most annoying fucking voice in the world and everytime he raps I want to kill a baby.
Believe It is good though, entirely because of Ross.

Ross' verse was bootleg

But the beat and chorus cover for it

Ross' verse isn't bad, it just starts a bit slow. Once he gets into the flow that shit is fire. Where the hell was that Ross on GFID? Seriously, he uses a boring flow on most GFID tracks and the choruses are just a phrase repeated over and over. Believe It's chorus is amazing lol

IrishNinja

The roots are dope. Don't need defending, gaf
just gonna hate

thballin-1.gif

i like it when we agree

It goes: Game Theory = Things Fall Apart = Come Alive > Illadelph Halflife > How I Got Over > Do you Want More??? > Phrenology >> Undun >>>>> Rising Down >>> The Tipping Point.

I don't think I've heard Organix, so not counting it.

Organix didn't age as well for me last time but could be me - agreed on Illadelph & others, still wonder why Phrenology rates so low with others though? it wasnt cohesive but had such great tracks, maybe its one of those where i was at the time things i guess

Pretty dope.

He steals A$AP Rocky's flow at a part

Who stole it from Bone Thugs & Harmony

wait, really? i didnt catch that in livelove though

I find it kind of weird sometimes y'all expect every rapper to be deep to have some merit in quality. I could've swore we had this discussion earlier in GAF-Hop where you can make good music without having some introspective element to it and being that "real" hip-hop. Sometimes it's single standard in here, sometimes double standard.

It's like criticizing French for not being introspective. That's not the point of the music, and it certainly doesn't devalue it because it's not something it's not trying to be IMO. I don't think Meek's tape tries to focus on a theme, just gives little blips of what he's all about, of which only a facet is the pain from his childhood.

Well for me i just think an artist has to have layers behind what he's saying to be 5/5 type dopeness. I dont care about introspection per se- just something with substance. I don't believe in dichotomies like real shit or fake. I can enjoy plenty of music if its not deep, but i reserve my best praise for the shit that does manage to have layers without it being overbearing and transparent. 3.5/5 is not a bad rating, thats how good i feel it is objectively. Subjectively i like lots of shittier music better.

I dont feel meek and some others in his lane because they try to do too much. Its very apparent to me. "heres the ladies joint, heres my street problems joint, heres my smooth shit, heres my banger", etc etc.

jack of all trades, master of none is the avenue a lot of guys that are in meeks position try to take (IE that dude whos got next) and arguably the only guy in the last couple years to actually accomplish that with tangible lasting success is Drake (may he drown in a sea of sandalwood scented lotion).

this is a pretty good conversation right here.
i hate labeling/categorizing things like that in my head, but that's kinda how things work. you have artists that do the introspective thing & can reach that depth, you have ignant who force it as the obligatory track of the album, you have a few dudes who can weave between. not everyone needs to be conscious but there's MC's that can go there & other places, and im gonna tend to consistently enjoy them more than someone lacking that range is all.

sometimes you get by just on style too though - if you got nothing new to say on the mic (and lately thats kinda been the case for many dudes, let's be honest) it's okay to say the same shit in an interesting way. Bronson sometimes reads me menus, Ross does that too but also namedrops/mispronounces all kindsa baller shit that i have to look up sometimes, both are coming from that juicy/i aint poor no more shit, which is fine too.

if you can't even do that, you better have charisma. there's enough dudes out there that i aint gotta fuck with someone who got nothing to say, no style, no charisma etc.

nah a friend. you just throw seeds and stems into some high ABV liquor, keep somewhere at room temp for a month or so, strain out planty parts and then have a good time.

man you know all kinds've helpful shit like this

Blackace

Ross' verse isn't bad, it just starts a bit slow. Once he gets into the flow that shit is fire. Where the hell was that Ross on GFID? Seriously, he uses a boring flow on most GFID tracks and the choruses are just a phrase repeated over and over. Believe It's chorus is amazing lol

I ate that pussy can you keep a secret?

PBY

Banned
Siddx- i just had to give you another shoutout- that 2nd verse over my beat is EXCEPTIONAL. Made me all sentimental and shit.

Bastard was pretty great, I remember the song Parade being BNM on Pitchfork and keeping a keen eye on OF's website page blog thingy. Makes me all nostalgic even though its still pretty recent.

DominoKid

that song w/ chief keef on the sd mixtape goes so hard.

i cant believe chief keef is about to drop the album of the year. just in time for a 5 hr xmas drive i have to make.

siddx

Siddx- i just had to give you another shoutout- that 2nd verse over my beat is EXCEPTIONAL. Made me all sentimental and shit.

Thanks man, I really appreciate it. Yeah I quite like the second verse too. Barring unforeseen circumstances, I plan on rerecording the verses sometime this week in a better location than the fucking kitchen (what the fuck was my drunk ass thinking?) getting the sound quality up to at least youtube levels. And then maybe if I get my shit together I can find a studio here in Saigon.

Blackace

Thanks man, I really appreciate it. Yeah I quite like the second verse too. Barring unforeseen circumstances, I plan on rerecording the verses sometime this week in a better location than the fucking kitchen (what the fuck was my drunk ass thinking?) getting the sound quality up to at least youtube levels. And then maybe if I get my shit together I can find a studio here in Saigon.

Wish I could help you.. but if you make a trip out here I can get you at least a decent area to record and maybe even a live show or two

cacophony

was looking through my itunes library and saw this, some of you guys may not know about it

its an early version of The College Dropout, most the tracklist is the same but they are all different versions. Ye re-recorded everything which did wonders cause he lacks so much charisma & energy in these takes. the jesus walks intro is dope

http://www.mediafire.com/?3o71gocc7ow2bn3

siddx

Wish I could help you.. but if you make a trip out here I can get you at least a decent area to record and maybe even a live show or two

I've actually been thinking about taking a trip out your way for tet in February. Was going to go with my girl somewhere but after breaking up I've had to rearrange all my vacation plans.

Don't know about a live show, but I would definitely be down to record, and get drunk haha.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
was looking through my itunes library and saw this, some of you guys may not know about it

its an early version of The College Dropout, most the tracklist is the same but they are all different versions. Ye re-recorded everything which did wonders cause he lacks so much charisma & energy in these takes. the jesus walks intro is dope

http://www.mediafire.com/?3o71gocc7ow2bn3

cool man thx

Fjordson

GAF-Hop, does anyone know what this sample is from on the Captain Murphy tape? The instrumental bit that goes until about 6:35. Sounds like some bossa nova jazz type shit.

Word of warning: clip is definitely NSFW on account of breastesses and some other shit. No clue what's going on really, just want to find this original song :lol - http://youtu.be/uemITYB5DoU?t=5m3s

Blackace

I've actually been thinking about taking a trip out your way for tet in February. Was going to go with my girl somewhere but after breaking up I've had to rearrange all my vacation plans.

Don't know about a live show, but I would definitely be down to record, and get drunk haha.

Be an opening act! Let me know!

thabiz

Seems like the hype level is high with the Game's new one. I thought that guy disappeared years ago.

Not a fan, but good to see the old men still hustlin.

Edit: Damn! I thought he was older. How old was he when he came on the scene?

HiResDes

Listening to Coke Boyz 2 and French got a sick S.A.S. feature, always wondered what happened to them after hearing their sick features with The Diplomats. London trap at its best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom