• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

FZZ

Banned
When you make the first post about NCL's tweet

update ur OP and provide a google translation

and that shit gets locked for a creppy mario picture

NNk23NQ.png

When you make the first post about NCL's tweet

update ur OP and provide a google translation

and that shit gets locked for a creppy mario picture

ALL I WANT FOR MY BIRTHDAY IS A̶ ̶B̶I̶G̶ ̶B̶O̶O̶T̶Y̶ ̶H̶O̶E̶ NX AND AMIIBOS

Thewonandonly

Yo I need some help. I've been lisening to a lot of new rap with Spotify discover playlist is incredible. But I'm feeling some ASAP Ferg, but I've listened to his stuff countless times

What are some artist that have the same style as ASAP Ferg and what's their best album :)

Thank you also that Eminem song sucked :(

Can someone recommend me some more stuff like Joey Bada$$'s "B4.DA.$$"? I really like the tone and attitude of that album along with his production and flow.

HiiiLife

Yo I need some help. I've been lisening to a lot of new rap with Spotify discover playlist is incredible. But I'm feeling some ASAP Ferg, but I've listened to his stuff countless times

What are some artist that have the same style as ASAP Ferg and what's their best album :)

Thank you also that Eminem song sucked :(

Sounds like you need some Travis Scott in your life.

Can someone recommend me some more stuff like Joey Bada$$'s "B4.DA.$$"? I really like the tone and attitude of that album
along with his production and flow.

Never listened to a Joey project past 1999. Isn't all his shit boom bap? Idk did you like RTJ?

Alright last comment about RDR.

Looks fantastic. I imagine Rockstar is going to use the same engine, which means everything including RDR2 is going to be fantastic. Hope Midnight Club drops sometime as well (since we all know GTA VI is going to be their next big project).

HYPE. Hopefully this is going to be one of the best games of the generation, nothing less is accepted from Rockstar, especially concerning a series as good as Red Dead.

Sounds like you need some Travis Scott in your life.

Never listened to a Joey project past 1999. Isn't all his shit boom bap? Idk did you like RTJ?
Im not well versed in hip hop so I've got no idea what boom bap (or maybe you meant rap) is, but I tried summer knights but wasn't feeling it, B4.DA.$$ is a lot more aggressive but yeah I'm a pretty big fan of RTL also, dying for RTJ3

Koozek

Im not well versed in hip hop so I've got no idea what boom bap (or maybe you meant rap) is, but I tried summer knights but wasn't feeling it, B4.DA.$$ is a lot more aggressive but yeah I'm a pretty big fan of RTL also, dying for RTJ3
I guess you know Kendrick Lamar? Would be surprised if you didn't, even if you're not that deep into the genre. Check Section.80 out first, then Good Kid, M.a.a.d. City, and lastly To Pimp A Butterfly (the latter two are widely considered modern classics).

Here's some stuff from this year that I've listened to and that you could like:

Also Des' list with stuff that's more Boom Bap-ish (= classic Sample-based 90's Hip Hop sound):
Here's a somewhat personalized recommendation list of stuff that came out this year that you should probably peep:

Elucid - Save Yourself
Jay IDK - Empty Bank
Vince Staples - PrimaDonna
Denmark Vessey - Whole Food
Elzhi - Lead Poison
Apathy - Handshakes with Snakes
Planet Asia - Seventy Nine
Joey Purp - iiiDrops
The Purist & WestSide Gunn - Roses Are Red... So Is Blood
Westside Gunn - Flygod
Lushlife & CSLSX - Ritualize
Aesop Rock - The Impossible Kid
Open Mike Eagle & Paul White - Hella Personal Film Festival
Nolan the Ninja - He(art)
Blu & Nottz - Titans in the Flesh
Dälek - Asphalt for Eden
Danny Brown - Atrocity Exhibition
Mick Jenkins - The Healing Component
Tha God Fahim - Soul Eater
De La Soul - And The Anonymous Nobody...
No Panty - Westside Highway Story
Kemba - Negus
Kembe X - Talk Back

Thanks Koozek! Huge list so I didn't wanna quote but I'll be sure to check out all of the above. I've listened to a bit of Kendrick before, at least to Pimp a Butterfly, I didn't feel it at first but I'm willing to give it another chance, but I'm iffy on his flow or at the very least how he pronounces things.

Koozek

Thanks Koozek! Huge list so I didn't wanna quote but I'll be sure to check out all of the above. I've listened to a bit of Kendrick before, at least to Pimp a Butterfly, I didn't feel it at first but I'm willing to give it another chance, but I'm iffy on his flow or at the very least how he pronounces things.
Maybe check out Section.80 and GKMC then where he didn't use as many weird voices and flows as on TBAP.

HiiiLife

GKMC is my most recommended.

Detox

Damn Hov don't even let his kid play with Ye's. Really there's no friendship just Ye imagining with that big brother shit, bet for Jay it's always been business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom