• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Photography Q3 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Hello, new quarter, new thread.

GAF Photography Q2 2015
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1029667

GAF Photography Q1 2015

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=964465

Official Camera Equipment Mega Thread
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144603

As you may or may not be aware, its the beginning of July... and that means fireworks. This thread is likely to be inundated with fireworks shots, which is great and all are welcome. But I wanted to put out a challenge to do something new/different/interesting with them than just straight exploding fireworks.

Rules:
1. All photographers are welcome from novice to professional. No matter the camera, camera phones to medium format.
2. NSFW content is allowed, so long as you follow the TOS and post only the link to the photo and designate it as NSFW.
3. Have fun shooting!

Thx! Got my new Zeis 135mm F2.0 in the mail today. :)

So here come the obligatory 'I got a new lens so I'll head into the garden for a while' pictures. :D The MF is really smooth, but it'll take some getting used to to completely master it. But first impressions are awesome. I just love the way this lens feels. It's heavy, but it's so damn well built. Can't wait to try it out on some more alive subjects. :) It does help that there is focus confirmation.

Garden Bunny - New Zeiss lens test
by Bram Van Der Stichelen, on Flickr

Garden Flower - New Zeiss lens test

^^^ Mmmm, creamy!

Some shots from a weekend meet at the beginning of June that I've finally got around to processing:

TP Meggameet 01 - 06-06-15
by Steve Rust, on Flickr

TP Meggameet 02 - 06-06-15
by Steve Rust, on Flickr

TP Meggameet 03 - 06-06-15
by Steve Rust, on Flickr

TP Meggameet 04 - 06-06-15
by Steve Rust, on Flickr

TP Meggameet 05 - 06-06-15
by Steve Rust, on Flickr

TP Meggameet 06 - 07-06-15
by Steve Rust, on Flickr

TP Meggameet 07 - 07-06-15
by Steve Rust, on Flickr

Anybody else here use Instagram to share their photography? I've been using it more often lately and it seems like a really simple platform for exposing others to your work.

If you guys want, follow me and I'll follow you back.

Some stuff I've posted recently (not all three on my Instagram):
18686460153_f123944c60_b.jpg

19310985731_e4f224c8dd_b.jpg

17585354044_8d952b8b81_b.jpg

some test shots for wedding on saturday.

Only using it to share photos i take with the iPhone

https://instagram.com/chrplo/

Here are 2 of mine. Not entirely happy with them, but it's more about the event itself. :)

Jupiter & Venus

Venus & Jupiter

Used the Zeiss on a living subject for the first time, and toddlers aren't that easy to photograph when you have no experience with MF. :-D Sharpness is lacking in the eyes, and it's a great example of why I still have quite a way to go with this lens. But it's so much fun to try and nail the shot. Colors, bokey, overall sharpness, lack of Ca,... is very good indeed. And that's understating it.

Viktor - Carl Zeiss Test

20150518-m2404856-smad7ltb.jpg

Port Hercule, Monaco, 2015

I suppose I could run through my favorite photos and see what might be worth critiquing.

20150513-_DSC3591.jpg by Hunter Mauro, on Flickr
This photo was literally taken accidentally. Amazing.
20150515-_DSC3999.jpg by Hunter Mauro, on Flickr
20150115-DSC00452-Edit by Hunter Mauro, on Flickr
20150518-_DSC4034.jpg by Hunter Mauro, on Flickr
20150621-_DSC5861.jpg by Hunter Mauro, on Flickr
20150621-_DSC5828.jpg by Hunter Mauro, on Flickr
I also have a few where I forced myself to go B&W from start to finish, without just converting to it later:
20150628-_DSC6154.jpg by Hunter Mauro, on Flickr
20150628-_DSC6179.jpg by Hunter Mauro, on Flickr
20150628-_DSC6169.jpg by Hunter Mauro, on Flickr

I would totally be happy for *any* criticism. I know I'm not the best, and I wanna know how to git gud.

EDIT: I guess I'll throw this one in too, I wasn't too sure of if it's worth anything.
20150515-_DSC3854.jpg by Hunter Mauro, on Flickr

A few snapshots with my new X-T1 (+18-55 kit)

@lys skygge - those are very nice, how did you scan them in? What film did you use? And what kind of camera?

Hey everyone. My first post here in this thread.

I am very impressed by what so many of you are doing. Really beautiful.

I bought a Sony a5100 mostly for youtube video making, but I want to start learning a bit about taking stills.

I am wondering if any of you could recommend any good resources for a beginning photographer. Websites? Youtube channels? Books?
there are loads of websites out there. I am of the mind free is great, so I don't typically recommend books, as there is loads of great content out there. cambridgeincolour.com was one I used to learn a lot.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I got an hour free to do whatever today so I decided to take some photos of my hometown. Now, I don't own any greater camera and have to resort to the one in my phone. It's decent for a mobile camera but unfortunately only saves in JPEG and in 72 DPI. And on features it's very limited (the only thing you can really do is add some filters). Nevertheless, I tried to of my best ability get some nice shots, and here is what I captured:

Nyköpingshus - Castle originating from the 12th century

River just outside the castle. Terns, gulls and ducks frequent this area.

A fountain in a lakelet adjacent to the castle.

A flock of grazing Canada geese.

An old park bench in the middle of a forest.

It was a hot day, yet snails and cigarette butts dared to come out of hiding.

A bumblebee on stonecrops.

teeny

So a long time ago, I was very much into photography and even did a degree in the subject with the intention of becoming a professional. Unfortunately, the degree changed my mind. After graduating, I put the camera away and haven't really used one since despite purchasing a 7D. That was about five years ago and whenever I try and shoot now I just hate everything. I feel like I've lost it, though I get the itch to try.

I know people generally hate instagram but, I must admit, I am one of the heathens that likes the filters - I think the photos taken there are perfect for viewing on a phone. I've lurked most of these threads since first visiting GAF, but I would like to share some recent instagram stuff as it (and your pics) are starting to motivate me again. I promise to post "real" photos one day. Basically, thanks in advance :)

GxT8z6a.png

My instagram profile, if anyone is interested.

Number45

So a long time ago, I was very much into photography and even did a degree in the subject with the intention of becoming a professional. Unfortunately, the degree changed my mind. After graduating, I put the camera away and haven't really used one since despite purchasing a 7D. That was about five years ago and whenever I try and shoot now I just hate everything. I feel like I've lost it, though I get the itch to try.

I know people generally hate instagram but, I must admit, I am one of the heathens that likes the filters - I think the photos taken there are perfect for viewing on a phone. I've lurked most of these threads since first visiting GAF, but I would like to share some recent instagram stuff as it (and your pics) are starting to motivate me again. I promise to post "real" photos one day. Basically, thanks in advance :)

My instagram profile, if anyone is interested.
I love both my DSLR and what I can do with it and Instagram. Haters be damned. Followed. :)

squarerootofpie

Neo Member
What specifically are you unhappy with regards to the quality of your photos?

My recommendation has always and will always to be look at new different lenses before the body. My other recommendation is to practice better technique to get better photos.

That said the D3300 is an all around better camera including sensor. And sometimes new equipment can encourage you to get better at photography, but I would make sure you are committed to getting better before upgrading.

My main thing is the current MP of the D5000 compared to the D3300 which is 2x better, as well as colour depth and the quality of videos (which I use my camera a lot for). I recently started using a 17-50 f/2.8 lens and a Nikon 70-300 f/4.5-5.6 lens for macro and animal shots, and i'm really happy with my framing and technique.

I can definitely improve my work on landscapes and night pictures, but overall I've been trying to improve constantly and I feel like i've hit a wall with what the camera can do. With each lens I bought I found myself pushing to get better, so I'm hoping now that I simply want some sharper cleaner pictures, this could help me get that. It's just a bit fustrating when you get an incredible shot and then when you're working on it you notice it's not that great quality!

I feel like i need to add a photo to make this not just entirely text :p

And thanks btw, I really appreciate the advice!

Canal by Nighthttps://www.flickr.com/photos/hypervintage/, on Flickr

Damaged

Thanks! They were taken with my Busch Pressman 4x5 camera on Ilford FP4 film and scanned with my Espon v500 flatbed scanner :)

I really need to get myself a 4x5 camera, I keep seeing shots like yours and its luring me away from my medium format stuff.. I mean, those massive negatives.... *drool*

Lender

Had some more practice this morning with my new glass, the Zeiss 135mm F2.0. Decided to try and use liveview + magnification to try and focus accurately and had to say this was a effective way, although it wasn't always easy with a toddler like this who is always moving. Still, getting more and more familiar with the lens. Next time I'll try and use it with my tripod.

No flash, just natural light.

Viktor - Zeiss lens test

Viktor - Zeiss lens test

Viktor - Zeiss lens test

pringles

Love the summer nights here. This panorama was shot at about 2 AM. Was out all night trying out the D7200 (just upgraded from D7000). Liking the results so far.

Considering selling my old Nikon D5000 because I finally have some money to upgrade if i sell it and i've had it since a late teenager and I'm no longer satisfied with the quality of pictures! Because I have a kit built around nikon, I was wondering what people's experience are with D3300, and whether its worth it or not (keeping in mind what i'm upgrading from). Any advice would be welcomed :)
The D3300 is a fine camera, a little gimped, functionality-wise, but we're talking about features you probably don't use anyway such as no Auto Bracketing. This is a good review.

Sounds cheap that they artificially limited it in that sense but fact is that it carries virtually the same sensor as it's older siblings (D5300, D5500, D7100 and D7200) and there would be no palpable difference otherwise; or rather, image quality-wise, it's pretty comparable.

Live View on Nikon cameras is shite though, that's one thing they sure could have taken out but didn't. Another thing that I definitely recommend is getting a viewfinder magnifier, one of the best upgrades for current DSLR's.

I really need to get myself a 4x5 camera, I keep seeing shots like yours and its luring me away from my medium format stuff.. I mean, those massive negatives.... *drool*
Yeah I rarely touch my medium format ever since nice I got into large format. You just have so much negative space to work with!

Rich!

Took these earlier in the farmland behind my house. I haven't done any photography for about three years now...I should probably get another DSLR. These are taken with my old ass Nikon D40x that my dad now owns:

dsc_0003afy30.jpg

dsc_000515bi4.jpg

iFYJiwW.jpg

the camera was water damaged and he "fixed" it. Each shot has a weird dreamlike filter to it now. strange.

Lender

Had some more practice this morning with my new glass, the Zeiss 135mm F2.0. Decided to try and use liveview + magnification to try and focus accurately and had to say this was a effective way, although it wasn't always easy with a toddler like this who is always moving. Still, getting more and more familiar with the lens. Next time I'll try and use it with my tripod.

Made a crop of the first one, like it a bit more.

Viktor - Carl Zeiss Test (Crop)

squarerootofpie

Neo Member
The D3300 is a fine camera, a little gimped, functionality-wise, but we're talking about features you probably don't use anyway such as no Auto Bracketing. This is a good review.

Sounds cheap that they artificially limited it in that sense but fact is that it carries virtually the same sensor as it's older siblings (D5300, D5500, D7100 and D7200) and there would be no palpable difference otherwise; or rather, image quality-wise, it's pretty comparable.

Live View on Nikon cameras is shite though, that's one thing they sure could have taken out but didn't. Another thing that I definitely recommend is getting a viewfinder magnifier, one of the best upgrades for current DSLR's.

So do you think it's worth it to get perhaps one of it's older siblings for any of the other features? For me it's mainly the sensor in my current camera that bugs me, I'm perfectly happy with using less professional camera atm in regards to other aspects. Ugh, agreed, I hate my live view. It takes so long to focus I never get to use it properly, it's just a real shame. I've never really used a viewfinder magnifier, and tbh until you mentioned it i've been quite ignorant in regards to it's benefits. Does it make quite a bit difference?

So do you think it's worth it to get perhaps one of it's older siblings for any of the other features? For me it's mainly the sensor in my current camera that bugs me, I'm perfectly happy with using less professional camera atm in regards to other aspects.
I reckon you'll most likely be perfectly happy with a D3300 seeing it's cheaper. That being said, over here they have a £389.99 PVP, I bought my D5300 by £370 including shipping from the UK, New in Box (clearly) as an Hong Kong import but had I bought a D3300 at the same price lets just say I did the right decision here.

Through the same scheme I can see D3300 costing £280, so it's a palpable saving, I'd be happy regardless bang for the buck-wise. This said, I don't use HDR presets present in the D5300 and absent on the D3300 but the no AEB in the D3300 irks me because I use it (but... AEB is artificially limited to 3 photos on the D5300 too so it's technically just going one step further).

Sensor-wise, they're comparable what changes is the coating that goes along with them, D5300 has WiFi and GPS, both are not very well implemented, as they behave like accessories, but it's nice to have, specially the WiFi one because it can be tethered to a phone to see pictures, put them on instagram (futile, I know) and/or using the phone as a remote. It's nothing groundbreaking but it's nice to have. I just wish I could turn them on without going into the menu system, that and that Nikon would man up and release a PC client for downloading pictures via WiFi.

Most palpable difference will be a little more flexibility on the menus, not too much as you just know they hold functionality out for the double dial knob models, but something nonetheless and most importantly... autofocus.

D3300 inherits the AF you have right now, 11 points, it'll be virtually the same camera there albeit with more megapixels. D5200/D5300/D5500 have 39 AF points which is a nice upgrade but doesn't really change the game unless you're photographing sports (and if that's the case both these cameras are unlikely purchases), it just comes in handy for point and shoot, I guess, but sadly it still covers only the middle horizontal section of the framing.
Ugh, agreed, I hate my live view. It takes so long to focus I never get to use it properly, it's just a real shame.
Don't expect it to get much better, it's just broken.

Live view mode doesn't use the Phase Detection method to focus, it uses contrast detection just like every mirrorless does (mirrorless being mirrorless DSLR's with every DSLR being theorectically able to function without mirror/in lockup mirror mode). Sadly this is very clunky so it's just a chore.

My guess is it's mostly meant for studio photography with a tripod, controlled light and macro lenses. It can be usable/a non-factor in those situations. Other than that... utter shite.
I've never really used a viewfinder magnifier, and tbh until you mentioned it i've been quite ignorant in regards to it's benefits. Does it make quite a bit difference?
Yes because the viewfinder on these cameras is pretty damn small; these bodies mostly inherited the analog schematics/principles of old (they don't redesign these every decade) but introduced the APS-C 1.5x crop sensor, which means that... viewfinder on the full frame cameras is equivalent to what you would expect/grew up with.

This means that, take 0.7x magnification which is a very common spec since the old days, and you'll notice that's not really accurate as to what you would expect as compared to Full Frame/35mm as 0.7x with crop is equivalent to 0.46x size. Of course that's correct due to the 1,5x crop but it's still too damn small; ideally you'd want the opposite, more magnification just so the size matched.

These Nikon actually did that to a fault, your D5000 is 0.78x but the D5300 is 0.82x and the D3300 is 0.85x - they've clearly been increasing them, slowly, even though they're also making the bodies smaller and smaller - something that's clearly colliding with their aptitude to fix it without going megazord when it comes to sheer body size (D7100/D7200 and their 0.94x magnification):

1x magnification is the gold standard along with 100% coverage so it's really something that one should always try to fix/improve. Even on a Full Frame it's worth investing in as the more megapixels you have the more a pain in the butt this is to manual focus quickly with.

Enter the DK-21M, the official Nikon 1.17x magnifier:

-> http://kintarou.skr.jp/sanpo/D70_DK-21M.htm

Nikon D70 is 0.75x, with a 1.17x lens on top it becomes 0.88x, Nikon FM is 0.86x in 35mm, hence the size difference even when the DK-21M eyepiece and the Olympus ME-1 accessory make it match on paper.

D5300 with this accessory becomes 0.96x and D3300 becomes 0.99x... it's kinda perfect and in a way it closes the distance to the stock D7100/D7200. Then comes the fact it has crop so it's still 0.64x and 0.66x size compared to the FF sizes respectively, but you really can't zoom that much more on a eyepiece without getting huge vignetting, so yeah. The other shitty situation this creates is in case you use glasses, I personally tend to use contacts and it's usable even with glasses, but there's clearly what you'd expect.

It's still a HUGE improvement in regards to manual usability.

I just dislike the look of my DK-21m, looks like balls in any camera it can be mounted:

There's plenty of mods around, but I don't think I will.

I'll invest in a round Panasonic viewfinder that I've seen people using instead of the Olympus ME-1 sometime, but I rather not point you in that direction just in case something makes it incompatible or harder to fit than the Nikon one who is compatible for sure. The Olympus one needs to have a part dremel'ed out for instance. With this one being round I fear it might have vignetting compared to the DK-21m.

What lenses do you have? Regardless, in quite a few situations Autofocus doesn't get it quite right if at all (since it tends to just decide where to focus) so if you are into portraits and stuff with DOF I'd say this is a must to be able to tweak it better than just point and shooting.

pringles

Live view mode doesn't use the Phase Detection method to focus, it uses contrast detection just like every mirrorless does (mirrorless being mirrorless DSLR's with every DSLR being theorectically able to function without mirror/in lockup mirror mode). Sadly this is very clunky so it's just a chore.

My guess is it's mostly meant for studio photography with a tripod, controlled light and macro lenses. It can be usable/a non-factor in those situations. Other than that... utter shite.Yes because the viewfinder on these cameras is pretty damn small; these bodies mostly inherited the analog schematics/principles of old (they don't redesign these every decade) but introduced the APS-C 1.5x crop sensor, which means that... viewfinder on the full frame cameras is equivalent to what you would expect/grew up with.

This means that, take 0.7x magnification which is a very common spec since the old days, and you'll notice that's not really accurate as to what you would expect as compared to Full Frame/35mm as 0.7x with crop is equivalent to 0.46x size. Of course that's correct due to the 1,5x crop but it's still too damn small; ideally you'd want the opposite, more magnification just so the size matched.

These Nikon actually did that to a fault, your D5000 is 0.78x but the D5300 is 0.82x and the D3300 is 0.85x - they've clearly been increasing them, slowly, even though they're also making the bodies smaller and smaller - something that's clearly colliding with their aptitude to fix it without going megazord when it comes to sheer body size (D7100/D7200 and their 0.94x magnification):

1x magnification is the gold standard along with 100% coverage so it's really something that one should always try to fix/improve. Even on a Full Frame it's worth investing in as the more megapixels you have the more a pain in the butt this is to manual focus quickly with.

Nikon D70 is 0.75x, with a 1.17x lens on top it becomes 0.88x, Nikon FM is 0.86x in 35mm, hence the size difference even when the DK-21M eyepiece and the Olympus ME-1 accessory make it match on paper.

D5300 with this accessory becomes 0.96x and D3300 becomes 0.99x... it's kinda perfect and in a way it closes the distance to the stock D7100/D7200. Then comes the fact it has crop so it's still 0.64x and 0.66x size compared to the FF sizes respectively, but you really can't zoom that much more on a eyepiece without getting huge vignetting, so yeah. The other shitty situation this creates is in case you use glasses, I personally tend to use contacts and it's usable even with glasses, but there's clearly what you'd expect.

Interesting stuff about the viewfinder!
Just wanted to comment on the liveview also, I use it a ton with a tripod and manual focus to get the focus right. Couldn't live without it really, but it's definitely crap for general shooting.

squarerootofpie

Neo Member
I reckon you'll most likely be perfectly happy with a D3300 seeing it's cheaper. That being said, over here they have a £389.99 PVP, I bought my D5300 by £370 including shipping from the UK, New in Box (clearly) as an Hong Kong import but had I bought a D3300 at the same price lets just say I did the right decision here.

Through the same scheme I can see D3300 costing £280, so it's a palpable saving, I'd be happy regardless bang for the buck-wise. This said, I don't use HDR presets present in the D5300 and absent on the D3300 but the no AEB in the D3300 irks me because I use it (but... AEB is artificially limited to 3 photos on the D5300 too so it's technically just going one step further).

Sensor-wise, they're comparable what changes is the coating that goes along with them, D5300 has WiFi and GPS, both are not very well implemented, as they behave like accessories, but it's nice to have, specially the WiFi one because it can be tethered to a phone to see pictures, put them on instagram (futile, I know) and/or using the phone as a remote. It's nothing groundbreaking but it's nice to have. I just wish I could turn them on without going into the menu system, that and that Nikon would man up and release a PC client for downloading pictures via WiFi.

Most palpable difference will be a little more flexibility on the menus, not too much as you just know they hold functionality out for the double dial knob models, but something nonetheless and most importantly... autofocus.

D3300 inherits the AF you have right now, 11 points, it'll be virtually the same camera there albeit with more megapixels. D5200/D5300/D5500 have 39 AF points which is a nice upgrade but doesn't really change the game unless you're photographing sports (and if that's the case both these cameras are unlikely purchases), it just comes in handy for point and shoot, I guess, but sadly it still covers only the middle horizontal section of the framing.Don't expect it to get much better, it's just broken.

My guess is it's mostly meant for studio photography with a tripod, controlled light and macro lenses. It can be usable/a non-factor in those situations. Other than that... utter shite.Yes because the viewfinder on these cameras is pretty damn small; these bodies mostly inherited the analog schematics/principles of old (they don't redesign these every decade) but introduced the APS-C 1.5x crop sensor, which means that... viewfinder on the full frame cameras is equivalent to what you would expect/grew up with.

I just dislike the look of my DK-21m, looks like balls in any camera it can be mounted:

There's plenty of mods around, but I don't think I will.

I'll invest in a round Panasonic viewfinder that I've seen people using instead of the Olympus ME-1 sometime, but I rather not point you in that direction just in case something makes it incompatible or harder to fit than the Nikon one who is compatible for sure. The Olympus one needs to have a part dremel'ed out for instance. With this one being round I fear it might have vignetting compared to the DK-21m.

What lenses do you have? Regardless, in quite a few situations Autofocus doesn't get it quite right if at all (since it tends to just decide where to focus) so if you are into portraits and stuff with DOF I'd say this is a must to be able to tweak it better than just point and shooting.

Oh wow, I'm going to have to read through all of this properly when I get back from work! Thank you so much for taking the time to give me all of this information :p

I think I will wait a little while to upgrade, but will keep the D3300 in mind then, although half of me is tempted to wait longer and then do a bigger jump.

I currently use a 17-50 f/2.8 lens and a 70-300 f/4.5-5.6 lens, which I mainly use for macro shots. I also had a 50mm f/1.8 but it was stolen so I need to replace that :(

Interesting stuff about the viewfinder!
Just wanted to comment on the liveview also, I use it a ton with a tripod and manual focus to get the focus right. Couldn't live without it really, but it's definitely crap for general shooting.

And wow, did you use liveview for these? Those photos are stunning!

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
No that's my bad, I read it as you only use it when you shoot handheld, I was like whaa. Just woke up, sorry.

Just ordered a 50mm 1.4 FD lens for my a6000 -- I like the E Mount 50mm, but I really want to go back to a nice feeling manual focus, and this is supposed to be almost as sharp wide open and opens up wider anyway, so fuggit. Also got the FD Macro, so I can't wait to see what I can make with that.

Groof

Just ordered a 50mm 1.4 FD lens for my a6000 -- I like the E Mount 50mm, but I really want to go back to a nice feeling manual focus, and this is supposed to be almost as sharp wide open and opens up wider anyway, so fuggit. Also got the FD Macro, so I can't wait to see what I can make with that.

I use the 50/1.4 almost religiously with my NEX-5R. Great lens that works great with the E-mount system.

this isn't my picture, but i love it so much i wanted to share it with you guys. sometimes i think about places i want to go before i die. i usually wind up going through flickr and staring at pretty pictures of these locations. number one in my search history would have to be hong kong.

p.s. pringles, you're killin it dude

vern

this isn't my picture, but i love it so much i wanted to share it with you guys. sometimes i think about places i want to go before i die. i usually wind up going through flickr and staring at pretty pictures of these locations. number one in my search history would have to be hong kong.

Hong Kong is great for photographers, hope you can make it out there someday. Can't remember if I ever shared my Hk pics here in the past, I'll show them again anyway when I'm not on mobile. I'll be in Hk again early October, can't wait to get back! Also put shanghai on your list if you've never been here, it's architecture and skyline are even more impressive than HK in my opinion. HK has got some more interesting and varied streets though.

Hong Kong is great for photographers, hope you can make it out there someday. Can't remember if I ever shared my Hk pics here in the past, I'll show them again anyway when I'm not on mobile. I'll be in Hk again early October, can't wait to get back! Also put shanghai on your list if you've never been here, it's architecture and skyline are even more impressive than HK in my opinion. HK has got some more interesting and varied streets though.

thanks for the input. i havent thought much about shanghai before. i'll have a look at some pictures now.

i'm more of a street level guy so maybe that's why it appeals to me. and hk's skyline is impressive enough for me lol. plus wong kar wai has basically convinced me it's the coolest-looking place in the world

vern

thanks for the input. i havent thought much about shanghai before. i'll have a look at some pictures now.

i'm more of a street level guy so maybe that's why it appeals to me. and hk's skyline is impressive enough for me lol. plus wong kar wai has basically convinced me it's the coolest-looking place in the world

Streets of shanghai are also dope! Check out my Flickr from my posts earlier in this thread. But yup HK is an awesome place, don't know about coolest in the world but it's up there. Super ready to get back!

Laieon

I've been going back and forth on hopping over to HK next month. You might've just convinced me to pull the trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom