• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Votes FOTY 2015 Thread: Fail Of The Year

iNvid02

i thought the arkham knight pc- KONAMI

5vIHBRQ.gif

Battlechili

Banned
I was honestly going to say "Metal Gear Solid 5", because I feel that the game was a HUGE disappointment in comparison to the previous entries in the city, but I can't in good faith do so knowing everything that went down with Konami. And in a way, this pleases me, because Konami can still be attributed to that title in a way, so I can kill two birds with one stone and just say: Konami.

And I don't like to curse. I try to be as civil and kind as possible. But in this instance, I think everyone is in agreement when I say: Fuck Konami.
Is it weird that I still kinda have no idea what gamersgate is?
No, not really. You don't really need to know anything about it tbh.
But I guess the basic, easiest, and most non-biased explanation I could give is:

People got mad at journalists in the game industry for sometimes practicing questionable and unethical practices, including ones that were simply rumors and were not actually determined to be true, and set up a very loosely defined organization with the intention of trying to make journalism better. But in its loosely definedness and a misunderstanding of how to do fight journalism, a great many (but not all) used the group as a means of harassing others. Mainly, women and feminists. As such, it spawned much controversy and somehow manages to get brought up with new news all the time thanks to how often something bad happens under its name.

Or at least that's my understanding of it. I think a lot of people would give a much more scathing response as to what it is. I just don't like to think badly of people and find good in things.

BiggNife

Is it weird that I still kinda have no idea what gamersgate is?
I guess if you don't use Twitter or follow any games news sites. I have friends who were personally harassed and attacked by GG just for voicing their disagreements with them so I kind of couldn't avoid it and I imagine a lot of people were in a similar position

The tl;dr of gg is that they harass women and feminists under the pretense of wanting to "fix" game journalism. It's nonsense.

pablito

If all is right in this world, Konami will walk away with 100% of the votes.

#FuckKonami

They get my vote of course.

To add some variety:

Sony's implementation of PS2 games on PS4 is terrible, specifically the fact that PS2 classics purchased on the PS3 do not carry over. This expectation was not invented out of thin air. PSone classics are crossbuy between PS3, Vita, and PSP. Wii U lets users play VC games for free in Wii mode or pay a small fee to play with new emulator features. There isn't even an upgrade fee on PS4. Buy it again. They also jacked up the prices on a few of the games. That's complete horseshit, and it's a real shame to see a company that claims it cares so much about legacy and its longtime fans pull this crap.

Dishonorable mention: the shitty string of tweets by Play-Asia re: DOAX3.

Top Bottom