• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Votes FOTY 2015 Thread: Fail Of The Year

Konami. The Silent Hills thing annoys me more, specifically.

Dishonorable mentions! Gamergate. Still. These people are a perpetual oozing flesh found on our hobby. If not that exact name anymore, the cabal of imageboard and reddit weirdos convinced a bunch of progressives are actively trying to ruin their games. The same bullshit of 2014 never actually ended; It just went under the radar. I dislike having to compare fellow gamers to climate deniers.

Ongoing complaint! Rise of further "always on" games that never offer any justification for it + games that traditionally have single player content being multiplayer only. This isn't new, but it hit a lot of big IPs for the first time this year and the trend doesn't seem set to end any time soon.

Overlooked? Paid mods on Steam.

You got lucky this year Batman AK PC

UeyrLpg.jpg

tumblr_mja691XeWt1r2pz7go1_r1_500.gif

Incredible how a company can go from one of the all-time bests to just creatively bankrupt like that. They pretty much have nothing to offer me anymore.

KingBroly

Banned
I came for the Reverse Konami SNES gif and am disappointed to not see it posted.

For this outrage I am voting Arkham Knight for PC, a broken mess known long ago, dropped on the doorstep of an ill-prepared external development team and then released to the public as a broken, piece of shit mess. Mass returns later, the game is pulled with promises of fixes only later to be broken by them saying it COULDN'T BE FIXED, re-released only so people could buy the half-baked yet full priced downloadable content Warner Bros. salivates over.

Zyrox

Am I the only one who thinks FOTY should go to Konami? Does anyone else think this or is it just me?

Joking aside, I probably have never seen a GAF thread with such a unanimous response heh

Mortemis

Banned
These fuckers had a game being maybe by Kojima & Del Toro with Junji Ito working on it too, and they FUCK IT UP. I will take that disappointment to my grave.

#FuckKonami

consoul

Konami.

From their incredible heights in generations past, through the equally incredible Konami 2010 presser, to the hollow shell that remains.

If you'll excuse me, I need to go play P.T. again and sob uncontrollably.

Surprised the paid mods fiasco isn't getting a look in. They completely misread the community on that one. I suppose it's results that matter at the end of the day.

I'd go with Sony's bend over backwards PS2 emulation in Europe. Love Sony though. Great company, do lots of good work for European customers.
If Gamegate can be nominated for a second year, it's got mine.

If not, it goes to Konami.

Dishonorable Mentions:

-Atari's TxK debacle
-Batman: Arkham Knight PC port
-Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5
-The Game Awards
-Fire Emblem Fates' Soleil
-Nintendo Creators Program
Thank you for posting some alternatives! At least the TxK situation appears to be resolving itself slowly. What was so bad about the game awards?

NastyBook

Konami, hands down. I steered well clear of GG and any of its threads on GAF, so Konami was right there in my face. Fuck them forever.

Ctrl+F "Konami"
0 results found

wtf GAF

I guess I'll be the one to bring this up. I think you all forgot but Konami was pretty terrible this year.

Honestly haven't even followed the Konami thing at all... I'm so out of it. Didn't know there was such a strong reaction to them.. Is there a summary of the fuckery?

Batman Arkham Knight on PC.

Looked forward to that for so long and had faith that the PC port would be great (first two both looked and ran great on my modest PC), but having it be so fucked at launched, delayed for months, and then rereleases in a still poorly optimized state was just heartbreaking to see. I probably won't get around to buying and playing it until the next time I upgrade my computer and I don't know when I'll ever get around to that again. (might have to settle for the XB1 version eventually).

As bad as Konami was, none of it really effected me that much (not a fan of most of their stuff, but I did love MGS5). The only thing I care about losing from them is Castlevania and I haven't enjoyed one of those since the last DS one, and so many Indie devs are making quality Metroidvanias that it fills the void pretty well.

Elandyll

Banned
Konami

My first thought was for the PC version of Arkham Knight, but then I remembered the sheer amount of stupid stuff with Konami.

Melchiah

I'll join the choir, and give the finger to Konami as well.

As for games, the fail of the year is definitely Arkham Knight. Such a disappointment after the preceding entries. Even The Order doesn't seem as bad as it didn't have such high expectations to live up to.

Jumplion

GamerGate is thankfully quieter, though no less obnoxious and destructive.

Konami is Konami, and damn are they competing with some crazy fails like the Arkham PC port and Payday 2 debacle.

Top Bottom