• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Freak readying the announcement of their next game (4Gamer end-year survey)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fedexpeon

Banned
Can we get a fricken MMO-lite Pokemon?
Don't have to be as massive and complex as WoW, just plain-jane carbon copy of all the old pokemon regions combined as one. Players can roam those old areas with the element of other players finally challenging and helping you along the way.

Man...so much money that they can get with the subscription fee by using old assets.

JoeM86

Can we get a fricken MMO-lite Pokemon?
Don't have to be as massive and complex as WoW, just plain-jane carbon copy of all the old pokemon regions combined as one. Players can roam those old areas with the element of other players finally challenging and helping you along the way.

Man...so much money that they can get with the subscription fee by using old assets.

Pokémon is MMO-lite now. While no player interaction goes on in the world (seriously, that would be chaos), at any time you can be online, battle and trade with anyone, help them with O-Powers etc. You don't need to go to a Pokémon Center or anything, it's just there waiting for you on the bottom screen.

I still don't get why people want all the old regions or even old regions in general. I want new things.

harmonize

I think the days of Pokemon not being a yearly series are done, especially after the success Yokai Watch has found from rapid-firing them out.

X2Y2 next year, Red/Blue remakes the next, then Gen VII in 2017.

fedexpeon

Banned
Pokémon is MMO-lite now. While no player interaction goes on in the world (seriously, that would be chaos), at any time you can be online, battle and trade with anyone, help them with O-Powers etc. You don't need to go to a Pokémon Center or anything, it's just there waiting for you on the bottom screen.

I still don't get why people want all the old regions or even old regions in general. I want new things.

PVP in Pokemon would be fun. Just copy Dark Souls gameplay.
Pokemon trainer vs Team Rocket mechanic.
Kidnapping/stealing a pokemon/item/gold because you lose.
Ambushing you in the grass and preventing you from progressing past the forest.
The Gym leader turns into a real player encounter when you want to challenge them for a badge.
That's what I meant by MMO-lite. Just simple stuff that Dark Souls managed to pull off.

Caramello

I could see Pokémon Red and Blue/Green 20th Anniversary Edition launching on 3DS in late February 2016.

I could also see a spin off game with Amiibo support for the 2015 holiday season.

Or how about Red/Blue 20th Anniversary with Amiibo support o_O

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Time for a Nintendo Direct to happen soon.
A Nintendo Direct broadcast in January isn't farfetched, but even if such does not happen there is Nintendo's Third Quarter Earnings Release for FY 2014 on January 28. That ought to set the tone for 2015.

As for Game Freak's announcement, I like it that they are doing something different this time around. Best outcome for me personally would be a game available for both Nintendo 3DS and Wii U, as I only have the latter.

Glass Rebel

Compared to Unova, Sinnoh, Kalos and even Hoenn, Johto is so plain and small though.

I definitely agree about the size but aside from Unova, I haven't found any region after Johto particularly interesting. As I said, it's mostly because of the distinctly Japanese architecture. I hope the next entries take stronger inspirations from a particular region in the real world.

JoeM86

I definitely agree about the size but aside from Unova, I haven't found any region after Johto particularly interesting. As I said, it's mostly because of the distinctly Japanese architecture. I hope the next entries take stronger inspirations from a particular region in the real world.

My money is on Spain and Spanish architecture next generation

Nightbird

Mostly due Nostalgic reasons.
I witnessed it with ORAS, where many people I knew claimed that Pokemon lost its Touch after Gen 3, and would only buy another Pokemon Game if it was a Remake of those or the earlier Gens. oras came around, they bought it, and while some enjoyed it, others said that it's not as great as they remembered it.

This ain't the case with everyone, but I think the one screaming the loudest for another Remake will end up being disappointed in won't even buy it.

MegaMelon

I'm interested in seeing what they do next year. I don't think we'll see a main series game, but at the same time, I'm not sure they're gonna have a ZXZY/x2y2 for the 20th anniversary over a possible 7th gen or remake/reimagining of the kanto games with mega evolution and other stuff.

Side Note: I don't see the appeal of a pokemon-mmo. Especially when it'll amount to this:

pokemmo-screenshot.jpg

-Horizon-

If its pokemon ,Have a more extensive trainer customization

You can't remove that feature Gamefreak, in a new pokemon gamefreak.

Thats not ok , its 2015.I doubt you are but in case you need reinforcement don't do that.

What is this anime shit

Why you be hating on Kanie Kanye?

tumblr_ndlrn1dKDj1rydwbvo1_500.gif

JoeM86

That would be pretty cool but what makes you think so?

A recent tour Masuda did of Spain.

He often takes trips like this. He mentioned he was concerned people would twig that the next region was based on France due to his trips to France.

Just speculation, but with proximity to France, it could be interesting

Oregano

If they are returning to Kanto I hope they do it in the form of a sequel or something. Maybe have it set quite a bit later than even Gold and Silver?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom