• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game releases of 2013 in a convenient picture.

Eusis

Their will be enough content on Xbla and Xbla Indies for a year to keep xbox gamers busy.
New Xbox will release anyways
Bull shit [biased list] considering it leaves out a lot of game
I dunno, while you won't be getting most XBLA stuff on PS3 (and probably not Wii U) plenty still hits PC after awhile, I think only Treasure's stuff stayed XBLA exclusive of the stuff worth caring about within the last few years.

Granted, if you don't have a PC that would make the toss up between PS3 and 360 more serious, but I think if you have a solid PC then the 360 would be redundant outside of console exclusives, and most of those hit PS3 in roughly equal form with a few extra exclusives too.

Iceblade

Their will be enough content on Xbla and Xbla Indies for a year to keep xbox gamers busy.
New Xbox will release anyways
Bull shit [uninformative list] considering it leaves out a lot of game

Yeah here's hoping. Also, there was news a few days ago about Microsoft ramping up that new(ish?) studio of theirs who wanted to make the next big Xbox IP in line with Halo. Looking forward to that... whenever.

AzaK

Dat Wii U list. Doesn't help they're secretive about upcoming titles.
If Nintendo doesn't get a good portion of the big ones in the list then I hope they get what they deserve. I think it's their job to ensure those big titles hit their platform to maximise their offerings and profits. Even if it means publishing some of them.

Takao

Banned
Feels weird to include so many smaller downloadable games on the PC side and no XBLA games on the 360 list. Reminds me of the old 360 Vs PS3 list that used to try the same trick.
Seems like a list to laugh at consoles compared to the master race.

I was just going to say something similar. Whoever created this list had a PC agenda.

yo man if you have beef with the image creator contact him he left his steam id

Pranay

I dunno, while you won't be getting most XBLA stuff on PS3 (and probably not Wii U) plenty still hits PC after awhile, I think only Treasure's stuff stayed XBLA exclusive of the stuff worth caring about.

Granted, if you don't have a PC that would make the toss up between PS3 and 360 more serious, but I think if you have a solid PC then the 360 would be redundant outside of console exclusives, and most of those hit PS3 in roughly equal form with a few extra exclusives too.

As i said Exclusives for 6 months and a year should still be counted, if a person wants to play DAY 1
A few games on PC would end up on consoles vice versa

Yeah here's hoping. Also, there was news a few days ago about Microsoft ramping up that new(ish?) studio of theirs who wanted to make the next big Xbox IP in line with Halo. Looking forward to that... whenever.

720 Will hit next year imo so thats that.
But again a lot of games for Xbla gets announced next year

TheExodu5

Banned
Isn't Final Fantasy XIV multiplat? In any case, a lot of worthless PC titles thrown in to push a PC agenda here. We might as well include XBLA/PSN/eShop exclusives while we're at it to balance things out.

This is the first generation that I can remember where I never really cared about exclusives.

I actually really dislike how 3rd party exclusives have lessened significantly. Used to give each platform a stronger identity, and would allow the devs to really focus on one console to get the most out of the hardware. Now we just have shoddy ports all over the place with 1st/2nd parties having to do a lot of heavy lifting to differentiate the platform. Plus the fanboy tears were so tasty (like the Bayonetta 2 announcement)

Oh well, at least Sony and Nintendo still bring it.

Lucentto

Banned
As other people have mentioned, this list is missing a few games. Overall 2013 is looking much more interesting than 2012 already.

raven777

PC list is missing Blade & Soul and Phantasy Star Online 2.

Not surprised, though. I guess they don't look at foreign/non-Western games very much...

Though, to be fair, they're already released in their home countries. Still, I'd say they count...

Is Blade&Soul slated for 2013 in US?

I really think they should hold until 2014.

SamuraiX-

dat graphic

This thread feels like a trap.

2013 gonna be awesome!

• Watch Dogs
  • Tomb Raider
  • Dead Space 3 (still holding out hope ;_;)
  • BioShock Infinite
  • Metro Last Light
  • Metal Gear Rising
  • Star Wars 1313
  • Thief IV
  • The Last of Us

And a bunch of others that look promising. :O

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Practically none of the PC stuff interests me. And why no handhelds?

That's an odd thing to say. PC has the vast majority of stuff, besides a tiny handful of exclusives. But PC has more exclusives. To the point that what you're saying screams bias.

PC exclusives and console exclusives are not really the same thing. There's nothing at all keeping most of those games from coming to consoles, and in fact several probably will, whereas most console exclusives are restricted by contractual or commercial relationships

Games like starcraft and total war could come to consoles, but without a mouse and keyboard they'd be shells of their original design.

Pranay

That's an odd thing to say. PC has the vast majority of stuff, besides a tiny handful of exclusives. But PC has more exclusives. To the point that what you're saying screams bias.

I think he is looking for a lot of AAA games
I have seen similar complaints on PS3 because their were a lot of indies games exclusive to that platform and any many stilll said they were not interested in the 2012 line up

Games like starcraft and total war could come to consoles, but without a mouse and keyboard they'd be shells of their original design.

I dont think they will come.

Ni No Kuni?

Check the above posts. Missing many games on all platforms esspecially 360

Isn't Final Fantasy XIV multiplat? In any case, a lot of worthless PC titles thrown in to push a PC agenda here. We might as well include XBLA/PSN/eShop exclusives while we're at it to balance things out.

Seriously if you were going to list every single exclusive that will come out on the pc next year that column would be a mile long. I don't know why they bothered listing pc exclusive stuff.

pcostabel

Gold Member
The PC exclusive list is hilarious:

Shadowrun Retuns: Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Linux iPad, Android tablets
Strike Suit Zero: PC PS3
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon: PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Microsoft Windows
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs: Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Linux
Wasteland 2: Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Linux
Moebius: Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X
Carmageddon Reincarnation: Microsoft Windows, Linux, Mac OS X
Broken Sword: The Serpent's Curse: Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, iOS, Android
The Hobbit: Armies of the Third Age: Web browser
Akaneiro: Demon Hunters Web browser
Salem: Microsoft Windows, Linux, Mac OS X
Ocean City Racing: PC Mac
The Humans Couldn't find anything except a 2009 PC/DS game
Starlight Inception: PC, PS Vita
Lifeless Planet: PC, Mac
Starbound: Windows, Mac OS X, Linux
Planetary Annihilation: Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Linux
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm reborn: PC, PS3

I think he is looking for a lot of AAA games .

Not particularly. I'm simply not interested in those kinds of games. The few that I am interested in aren't incentive enough for me to get a new PC (as I only have an incredibly old laptop that isn't built for gaming right now). Not that hard to get. Most of the games I'm interested in aren't even on the list (particularly handheld titles, Japanese output, etc.)

List is quite slanted towards western games in general and shooters in particular, making the huge column in the PC exclusives even bigger. It's missing one of the few games I'm actually looking for next year, Dragon Crown, although I guess since the release date isn't set in stone, that's fair.

Ceebs

The Kickstarter craze really helps boost what is generally a pretty good crop of PC exclusives.

Should be a great year for CRPGs next year.

Top Bottom