• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games you remember, names you don't

O44n2.jpg

Hey. I'm looking for a genesis/megadrive game in which you controlled a green fairy. You had to ride through carousels in order to complete the levels.

$200

Banned
$200 said:
180PIFanStyleMuntz.jpg

Ever seen something like this in a game?

I'm looking for this old adventure game on DOS and the only thing I can remember is a scene with an elevator with this thing above it.

Bump.... :(

I went through the games (1993 and before) on this list; none of them looked like it.

So...

• DOS game
  • 1993/94 latest
  • Has an elevator with a dial indicator
  • Pretty bright atmosphere
  • I *think* it's a first person adventure game, like Myst
  • Could be a kids game
  • Floppy disk, most likely a 5.25" one

There can't be too many games that match these, can they?

creid

I played a game a few times for Commodore 64 that involved a 1 on 1 fight of characters riding around on flying disks, bumping into each other. Any ideas?

swoon

$200 said:

I went through the games (1993 and before) on this list; none of them looked like it.

So...

• DOS game
  • 1993/94 latest
  • Could be a kids game

starship titanic has would fit beyond the timeframe.

$200

Banned
creid said:
I played a game a few times for Commodore 64 that involved a 1 on 1 fight of characters riding around on flying disks, bumping into each other. Any ideas?

Tron?

swoon said:
starship titanic has would fit beyond the timeframe.

Yeah, that's a 1998 game..

uncleslappy

nethack is my favorite dark souls clone
Side scrolling arcade beat-em-up. Characters kinda like Gauntlet, I always chose the cleric and you could level up your magic and skills. So cool, but only saw it in one arcade.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
uncleslappy said:
Side scrolling arcade beat-em-up. Characters kinda like Gauntlet, I always chose the cleric and you could level up your magic and skills. So cool, but only saw it in one arcade.

dungeons and dragons arcade?

confuziz

Banned
I'm searching for a late 90's begin 00's game for the PC or n64 that featured a purple protagonist in a space platformer. You went from planet to planet at the end of the mission and I think you could go back to any planet you want.

any idea?

irriadin

Back when I was a kid there was this Genesis game I used to play a lot. It was a beat-em-up style game with aliens. I distinctly remember aliens popping out of trash cans like snails. There were three playable characters if I recall correctly. The most definitive thing about the game was that sometimes it would shift to a first person view, kind of like Time Crisis or something, where you'd have to shoot aliens in a convenience store.

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
irriadin said:
Back when I was a kid there was this Genesis game I used to play a lot. It was a beat-em-up style game with aliens. I distinctly remember aliens popping out of trash cans like snails. There were three playable characters if I recall correctly. The most definitive thing about the game was that sometimes it would shift to a first person view, kind of like Time Crisis or something, where you'd have to shoot aliens in a convenience store.

Alien Storm

Jackano

confuziz said:
I'm searching for a late 90's begin 00's game for the PC or n64 that featured a purple protagonist in a space platformer. You went from planet to planet at the end of the mission and I think you could go back to any planet you want.

any idea?
Tonic Trouble?

Tonic%20Trouble.gif

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Anyone know which Ultima this is, if it even is one? I found the image while googling for IV stuff but the sprites are so much nicer than any IV version I know of. I mean, they're transparent and all, lol. Is it a remake or something? It looks a bit Game Boy Color-fied to me. Anyone?
30c3c3c478cd0c6785edea5d5ba6a608ca4216ff.jpg

larvi

$200 said:

So...

• DOS game
  • 1993/94 latest
  • Could be a kids game

Castle of Dr Brain possibly? There is an Elevator puzzle in that game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMl501FGro4

mclem

$200 said:

So...

• DOS game
  • 1993/94 latest
  • Could be a kids game

A bit of a guess - I don't actually recall a dial, but it has an elevator - but The Castle Of Dr. Brain?

mclem

Alextended said:
Anyone know which Ultima this is, if it even is one? I found the image while googling for IV stuff but the sprites are so much nicer than any IV version I know of. I mean, they're transparent and all, lol. Is it a remake or something? It looks a bit Game Boy Color-fied to me. Anyone?
30c3c3c478cd0c6785edea5d5ba6a608ca4216ff.jpg

There were a few NES Ultimas, my money's on it being one of those.

kunonabi

There was a beat em up I used to play in the arcades but I can never remember the name.

It supported 4 players at once, the main guy was blond and had a white t-shirt and jeans.

I remember the first stage had a billboard with a really hot chick on it and I think you could knock it down.

I saw it once at the vgmuseum but I refuse to go their due to all the spyware and crap.

eso76

kunonabi said:
There was a beat em up I used to play in the arcades but I can never remember the name.

It supported 4 players at once, the main guy was blond and had a white t-shirt and jeans.

I remember the first stage had a billboard with a really hot chick on it and I think you could knock it down.

I saw it once at the vgmuseum but I refuse to go their due to all the spyware and crap.

Konami's Crime Fighters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G8ndLowvs8

mclem

kunonabi said:

Crime Fighters?

Edit: Curse your minute-faster ways!

51KPCPVECNL.jpg

Anyone here remember Time Commando back on the PC? Came out in like 1996 I think, shit I was so obsessed with that game, probably one of the best games in the 90s, and was amazing for its time, especially in the visual department.

You were, well, a commando, and traveled back in time through different eras of the world, fighting enemies, animals, etc, beginning from:

Prehistoric (featuring cavemen, saber tooth tigers, and cave bears), to the Roman Empire, to Feudal Japan, to the Medieval era, to Conquistadors, to the Wild West, to Modern Wars (World War I and supposedly World War Three), finally the Future, and finally, a showdown with the virus.

The memories :')

DXPett1

shinobi602 said:
51KPCPVECNL.jpg

Anyone here remember Time Commando back on the PC?

The memories :')

Holy crap I remember that game (think it was on the PSX as well). I remember it being f**ken hard. Great stuff!

Secret_Riddle said:
I've been trying to remember the name of the first PC shooter my dad bought for me some time between 1996-1998. It was set in the future and the first level was within this metallic (I think) blue office building and the sky was red if I remember correctly. The main character was a total dudebro..a Duke Nukem type. I'm pretty sure the games title was like a city and some future date. Los Angeles 2055 or something like that.

EDIT: Holy shit this thread is making me tear up. So many memories of games gone by!

I was thinking of tracking the game down for nostalgic value but for the life of me I can't remember the damn name:lol .

Not BioMenace?

BioMenace.gif

Anyone remember a side-scrolling game where in one of the levels you piloted a personal mini-sub. Fairly certain the intro tells the tale of a explorer going through a jungle and stumbling upon this world (in which you start the game in). In between levels was a map world of sorts but it was static (not Final Fantasy-ish) Sorry about the vagueness. Talking DOS era here!

EDIT2: Found it via dosgames.com

Xargon

2076jqe.jpg

xargon-6.jpg

confuziz

Banned
A Black Falcon said:
Probably that, yeah. It's not a very good game (Rocket and Tonic Trouble are both much better), but your character is yellow/orange with purple bits, and it is an N64/PC 3d platformer, so that's probably it.

Yeah it's a mediocre game alright, but I played it when I was around 10 years old, and back then everything was good =P

MooSeePoo

Neo Member
Ok...

Arcade Game
Side Scrolling Beat 'em up
Characters were kinda small in height and square (Japanese looking)
4 player (I think, or at least 2 player)
One of the characters you could play was an old man in a white robe
I'm not sure but another one could have been a guy in a yellow jump-suit
Early 90's
I Played it in France

Gravijah

I'm trying to remember a 3D robot fighting game on the PS1. I'm nearly positive that it's not Rise 2, because I remember it playing more like Tekken.

strideramc

Ok, this might be a tough one cause I don't remember a lot.

The game is a 2D side scroller similar to Ghosts and Goblins.
You are a zelda like character, I think he even wore a green tunic.
You're main form of attack was an arching fireball.

Other then that I don't remember much. I was pretty young when my brother and I used to play this at the local pizza place. I know it's not Magician Lord.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
I posted a new thread for the game I'm looking, I didn't realize there was a thread like this.

Anyway, I played this game on the PC in the late 90's, I think.

- Futuristic Racing game
- 3D graphics
- Unique drivers and their personal vehicles (some dont even look like cars or anything nor had wheels, one I think was 1 giant wheel with the cockpit in the centre.)
- Weapons & powerups
- Some sort of career mode I think
- Camera was behind the player's vehicle.
- At least some tracks were Wipeout/F-zero/Trackmania-ish, with bunch of tracks going through the air and maybe loops and some other shit. The levels were different planets, maybe.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Nope, not Rollcage. The vehicles were a lot more unique and futuristic.

Same sort of feel to it though, but more emphasis on different drivers etc.

Also I dont think there was a sequel of it ever.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
mclem said:
There were a few NES Ultimas, my money's on it being one of those.
You're right, it seems to be Ultima IV for NES going by the youtube videos I watched of that one. Cool stuff, it's a bit more pleasing to the eye, early Final Fantasy style, but reading about it apparently was limited in other ways, although it still sounds pretty good.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I once rented a game. I remember it having a top down world view where you had a character that was a blue or red ninja. It seemed like an RPG of sorts and you had a village. It was either for the SNES or Genesis, possibly the NES but I kind of doubt it.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Trojita said:
I once rented a game. I remember it having a top down world view where you had a character that was a blue or red ninja. It seemed like an RPG of sorts and you had a village. It was either for the SNES or Genesis, possibly the NES but I kind of doubt it.
Inindo. Its for the SNES but it looks almost like a later NES game.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
water_wendi said:
Inindo. Its for the SNES but it looks almost like a later NES game.

I think that might be it. The last time I saw it was at like a SAMS Club or something.

Here's another one that I would be interested in finding the name of. Back in the SNES days there was a game with these elemental cards that you would use. It was heavily featured in one Nintendo Power and I believe my brother played it.

I found the name of another game I wanted to find the name of. My brother played YS 3 and I thought he owned it but he has no recollection of playing it, but I have memories of him playing it.

Trojita said:
I think that might be it. The last time I saw it was at like a SAMS Club or something.

Here's another one that I would be interested in finding the name of. Back in the SNES days there was a game with these elemental cards that you would use. It was heavily featured in one Nintendo Power and I believe my brother played it.

I found the name of another game I wanted to find the name of. My brother played YS 3 and I thought he owned it but he has no recollection of playing it, but I have memories of him playing it.

That sounds like Arcana.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuxbJCl_9_k

Platy

A friend has a question ...

Its an RPG or Dungeon Crawler, and it is at least 10 years old.
The only thing really memorable about it is that we had to collect "cards" that dropped from monsters, but I don't even recall what the cards was for. =|
Also, it had pixelated sprites, not 3D

any idea ?

Top Bottom