• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaze into the fist |OT| DREDD 3D

Went to Best Buy to get the blu-ray. They had one copy left.

I am the law.

tumblr_mbyga2xVdS1qfdplfo1_500.gif

I really, really hope it somehow makes it to $50 million for the sequel. I've shown and recommended it to everyone I know. Next week, grabbing that blu ray.

kaskade

Bought the Blu-Ray today and played a few scenes. I forgot how damn pretty and well shot the movie is. The slow motion stuff is amazing. 3D looks good on my TV as well. Nice to finally be able to use it again. Now it's time to invite all my friends over to experience it.

Solo

Bought the Blu-Ray today and played a few scenes. I forgot how damn pretty and well shot the movie is. The slow motion stuff is amazing. 3D looks good on my TV as well. Nice to finally be able to use it again. Now it's time to invite all my friends over to experience it.

Well, it was shot by Anthony Dod Mantle, who won an Oscar for cinematography for Slumdog Millionaire.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Movie featured a good amount of ambient shots, with no human subjects, bringing forth the desolation. It really was well shot and its one of the things I loved about it.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Really? I thought it showed overcrowdedness.

Well in the building itself when the halls were cleared out, they featured some great angled shots of the emptiness and how beatup the environment was. That isn't to say it still didn't feel claustrophobic due to halls layout.

ZoddGutts

Already #1 at itunes. Hopefully it does well enough in home media DVD/Blu-Ray sales. Only 9 million away to break even which it should be able to do. Hope it does well enough in the long run that it's enough to warrant a sequel. Great movie btw. Reminded me of Robocop 1 type violence.

Incredibly enjoyable. I watched it back when it hit the $2 movie theater (about three weeks after it hit major theaters in my area), and I was impressed. Everything really worked and I don't think I'd change anything about the film (If I somehow magically inherited that power) . Which usually indicates if a film is rewatchable for myself.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Can't wait to rewatch this tonight on the new plasma with all the new upgraded B&W speakers.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Holy shit... now this is how you make a fucking movie.

Wow. I meant to see this in the theater but it didn't work out... really regret it now. Damn. Awesome. This was great.

Ryu1999

My only problem with the Blu-Ray is the extraordinarily low volume of the audio mix. I pretty much had to turn my system way up to hear just the basic dialogue.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
One of my favorite shots in the movie is in the first act when Dredd gets off the bike and is walking toward the van.

Great 'shit just got real' shot.

Dicer

Banned
Will be buying the Blu for myself and a friend, I have a feeling blu/dvd/digital sales will be much better....we need a damned sequel

Tacitus_

lol at so many people "having seen the movie at a friend's place who pirated it."

On another note; I really enjoyed the movie, but I expected way more shootouts from the way it was described by you guys. Dredd is never really in danger except for one moment maybe. I was REALLY expecting a blood bath.

That's because he's fucking Dredd.

Phoenix

Dredd was all shoot-out action scenes. The Raid focused way more in the fighting scenes.

I gotta say that The Raid was more competent in that aspect, but still doesn't make it a better movie for me, not by a long shot.

If I hadn't seen The Raid first I might agree, but in general The Raid just executed its plot far better than Dredd did and that's unfortunate because I really wanted to like it and gave it a chance, but it let me down.

Fox Mulder

Two of the Best Buys were sold out around my area yesterday. Not indicative of overall interest of course, but it was good to see. (Even if I had to go to Target to get it) I'll be watching this tonight I think.

Same here, so I hope it's selling well, but I suspect they didn't ship much to begin with.

Dicer

Banned
I was thinking, the Dredd universe has so many stories to tell...it would make a hell of a Cable series.

I'd be more than pleased with a sequel though.

This was a blind buy for me! My copy arrived from Amazon yesterday and I plan to watch the 3D version in my HT this weekend...

Sounds like this is going to be GOOD!

Snake

Everyone was complaining about Karl Urban's helmet in promo images but I don't remember giving it a second thought during the movie.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
One thing I might change is
The flashback when Anderson(Thirlby) looks at the picture and notices that it was the woman's husband who she just killed. We just saw her shoot the guy a few minutes ago, I thought the look to the picture was sufficient.
Cut it out.

The trailer on the blu looks all clean and dark with some edge enhancements and no grain.

Top Bottom