• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War Collection coming to X1?(Spencer:"I can't announce that. But stay tuned)

Kezen

Banned
It only has my interest if it releases on PC (Windows 10 store). If it's exclusive to the Xbox One that's fine, I'll pass on it without looking back.

Microsoft like money, especially easy money. No way they are not doing collection, that would be incredibly stupid, I don't think they are stupid

Kssio_Aug

Microsoft like money, especially easy money. No way they are not doing collection, that would be incredibly stupid, I don't think they are stupid

Every company likes easy money, still many of them doesnt make highly aticipated collections or remasters. :(

I hope youre right though. I'm looking forward to this collection as much as I was for MCC (and thats a lot).

It only has my interest if it releases on PC (Windows 10 store). If it's exclusive to the Xbox One that's fine, I'll pass on it without looking back.

Man, feels like I've been seeing you everywhere today. You really wanna make sure people know you've ditched your 'bone, huh?

MrBlonde

Terrible news, no Gears for the Xbox One most likely till 2016 or 2017! I might need to dust off my 360 and play some Gears 3 in the near future although with dedicated servers turned off I wonder how it plays.

D

Deleted member 309291

Unconfirmed Member
Well, one would expect a collection from one of the best selling new franchises from last gen, this feels like an answer looking to create interest.

kevin1025

Banned
What if they don't release them as a collection but individually for smaller prices? Maybe that's why Rod said there's no Marcus Fenix Collection.

GavinGT

Banned
I think MS learned their lesson about overambitious port collections of games like this. Halo: MCC was an unprecedented undertaking, and it turned out they had bitten off more than they could chew. They're in no hurry to repeat that.

Gears trash talking is GOAT
I experienced all of the very worst aspects of Xbox Live with that series. Xbox Live always had an underbelly of fucked up shit said in voice chat but the Gears community took it, weaponized it, battered it, bruised it, broke it down and Uruki Hai'd it, gave it a shotgun and sent it into matchmaking.

Thank the Gods for party chat.

I experienced all of the very worst aspects of Xbox Live with that series. Xbox Live always had an underbelly of fucked up shit said in voice chat but the Gears community took it, weaponized it, battered it, bruised it, broke it down and Uruki Hai'd it, gave it a shotgun and sent it into matchmaking.

Thank the Gods for party chat.

It was pretty bad. This one dude wouldn't stop calling me Team Vagina when Gears of War was popular.

It was pretty bad. This one dude wouldn't stop calling me Team Vagina when Gears of War was popular.

xPmu350.gif

number47

GOW3 remastered will be announced ironically for the X1. And it will include no party chat to force that first generation awkwardness.

Welfare

Yeah. He was a teenager who somehow ended up working his way into my group of gamer friends back then. He was really easy to make fun of, though, because he had a very high pitched voice.

Squeakers are the best to make fun of when they piss you off.

I miss get yelled at in game chat for the stupidest reasons. Just funny how people act.

Koobion

Very interested in seeing if this is one of the Xbone titles that also release on Windows 10; I'd be all over that.

I sure hope they do a Gears collection. My Xbone never gets turned on its strictly for exclusives which they have none I want Atm

mike4001_

I sure hope they do a Gears collection. My Xbone never gets turned on its strictly for exclusives which they have none I want Atm

Something will come for sure.

Maybe not the Marcus Fenix collection.

Maybe the release GoW 1 remastered for the end of 2015 (similar to HALO 1 couple of years ago)

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
I think MS learned their lesson about overambitious port collections of games like this. Halo: MCC was an unprecedented undertaking, and it turned out they had bitten off more than they could chew. They're in no hurry to repeat that.

Not even remotely the sane issues though. Halo was 4 games comprising at LEAST 3 different engines and 4 different MP styles across 2 console generations.

Gears is one engine involving virtually (for all intents and purposes) the same game 3 times tweaked slightly.

SegaShack

So saying nothing warrants a thread?

"Guy says Crash Bash 2 may or may not be in development".

Gaf thread: Crash Bash 2 Confirmed?

NuKERxyz

Gears of war 1 still stands today with that dark and detailed visuals, i hope they go for the same dark feel with this one on Ue4.

SegaShack

The Xboss is not some random guy.
I know who Spencer is, but his comment literally says nothing and people interpret it as an announcement.

It would be like Miyamoto saying "I don't have any info on a new F Zero but I like the series" and fans saying "New F Zero in the works?". People reach a lot these days. Almost anything is interpretted as an announcement.

If I was a game dev or exec I would stay mute when asked about these things or explain exactly what I mean by each comment so something like Kotaku doesn't try and make articles out of it.

Top Bottom