• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War Collection coming to X1?(Spencer:"I can't announce that. But stay tuned)

Doffen

You ever played gears of war 1 on PC?

Trust me you don't want to go up against PC players on Xbox, don't know if they have aim bots or something but omg you just move and POP your head is gone

Horde mode is co-op, I don't want PvP with PC. That said, campaign co-op would also be nice with cross-play.

Kordelle

4 player splitscreen for Coop (Gears 3) and Horde would be so glorious, do you guys think it would be possible at 30 fps?

pswii60

Well, it would technically be the 5th Gears game if you count Judgment but the new game provably won't be out until 2016 or later because they had just started on the game in late 2013/early 2014 if I remember correctly.
In that month two games came out with the same abbreviations on separate platforms, and neither count in their respective series.

Barakov

Just picked up a Xbox One so I'm definitely down for this. But what I heard about the Master Chief collection definitely has me concerned about how this will turn out.

Hopefully it includes GEOW: Judgement. Never got the chance to play that one.

I never cared for the MP in the series, so as long as the SP is done well, i will be content.

Gears 5 or fuck off. I can play GoW1-3 tonight if I was so inclined, and without having to shell out another $60.

But can you play Gears 1-3 multiplayer with an active online community? (The answer is no, you can't)

And Gears 5? Good thing Gears 4 (which I assume is what you meant) is coming and thus can pick that up instead.

Fantastic call. Bookmark this post people. This glorious bastard got it.

Yeah, no. According to that thread, they were working on a game/series with a proprietary engine (as in not UE3). Plus they were asking for both PS4 and Xbone experience. I doubt they'd be porting Gears to the PS4.

3DShovel

Honestly, a Gears collection is pretty much guaranteed.

Because I said so. If it doesn't happen I'll be super upset and you guys can change my avatar to whatever you want. :(

As I'm going through Halo 3 now on the MCC, I would be fine with just a resolution and framrate bump.

While Halo 2 remasterd looked good the graphic overhaul wasn't the main draw for me. Halo 3 running @1080p & 60fps has been just as enjoyable. So I'd say save the recourses you would have used for a graphical overhaul and just make sure the games net code is up to snuff.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
as good looking as gears was on 360, i think it would really really benefit from the additions that a remaster could bring. 1080p? better shadows and lighting? yes pls.

though, to be honest, i've never been a huge fan of the games (aside from the MP of the first). still, i think i may be in to give it another go. especially at 60 fps
a man can dream

Hubble

I loved Gears and its competitive multiplayer was top of the top, but without cross-buy to PC, I am not excited. Just another remaster.

I wonder if the xbone community is big enough to support both Gow and Halo coming in the same year (alongside MCC only becoming usable in that same year as well), and the bigger hits like CoD coming at around the same time.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Just picked up a Xbox One so I'm definitely down for this. But what I heard about the Master Chief collection definitely has me concerned about how this will turn out.

4 games across multiple engines and two consoles vs 3 games on one engine and console, should be much easier.

Hopefully with Gears 4 they could answer some of the questions they seemed to gloss over in 3, the vague origin of the Locust Queen always kind of annoyed me.
Yeah, I'm hoping they will build up the universe...wouldn't be surprised if Joe Staten is helping out, though he might be busy with scalebound

Well we already know that Gears 4 is being developed.

So nothing holds you back anymore :D
Nah...I'll wait until it has a release date. No sense running out to buy one now when there's nothing there I want to play right now, and the price could potentially be lower later on. Maybe Scalebound or Quantum Break will change my mind; I'm kinda burned out on Halo after 4.

Hawk269

I would hope that any collection/remaster that MS puts out going forward will be tested a lot more due to what happened with MCC.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I hop on once in a while to get merked...prolly by you.

No other shooter gives that feeling of a satisfying gib like Gears does.

And if you get got by me, there's no shame in it, been playing and loving Gears since launch day for Gears 1.

actually, they don't even need to include the campaigns as they were pretty forgettable and cheesy. just make a dedicated Gears MP/horde game with all the maps and servers.

It's really shitty they turned off the dedi's for Gears3 tho, like you, I still play Gears 3 on the weekends.

Nah, the servers are on, what happens is the individual connections of the players themselves that suck when connecting to the servers. In the cases of them not getting hit the way they should, or in the extremely-rare cases when it's so bad for them that they lag while walking/rolling.

As proof, if you really want to experience Gears 3 without dedicated servers, go in the No DLC playlist for players without DLC. There is where it's truly peer to peer connections.

I loved Halo way more than Gears, but this is way more interesting than the Master Chief collection.

These campaigns felt so replayable and always seemed like more of a road trip than the cobbled together Halo campaigns.

I can watch Fellowship forever, but Return of the King is hard for me to get through.

Halo Collection was a big mishmash of different engines from 4 games across 4 platforms, with Anniversary stuff it works out at 7 or 8 engines in total I think from over 13 overs worth of technology.

Gears Collection is at most 1 engine from 4 games, assuming Judgment is included which I don't think it will be, at worst you'll have Gears 1 PC + Gears 2/3 360.

Im not saying that makes it "easy" but that makes it "different" and a lot less of a problem, they won't do any anniversary stuff, I understand your concern but unless they're trying to do something that imo they don't need to do nor do I want then I would expect it to be a different beast and be ok with the stuff they've learnt from Halo.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I loved Halo way more than Gears, but this is way more interesting than the Master Chief collection.

These campaigns felt so replayable and always seemed like more of a road trip than the cobbled together Halo campaigns.

I can watch Fellowship forever, but Return of the King is hard for me to get through.

I honestly dont know what you trying to say. You mean you like Halo more but gears campaigns have more replay value? Then you technically like gears more than Halo.

derFeef

Uhm.

qGePkcT.png

edit. FALSE ALARM:
https://twitter.com/GearsViking/status/578553820344545281

DesertFox

MCC was definitely a train wreck - but it is working now. I've got to say, being a Halo fan, MCC is the best money I've spent in gaming in recent years. (Now that I can play through the campaign and have my progress saved). So a similar Gears of War collection could be great - even if it's a little bumpy at launch.

pizzacat

Banned
Wasn't that actually CliffyB?

Meh, playing with words. They know they're missing out on a huge revenue stream by not re-working those games.
Before it was out he enjoyed it. But after complaints he learned to not talk great about it.

Iirc

Top Bottom