• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War Collection coming to X1?(Spencer:"I can't announce that. But stay tuned)

BriGuy

Gears 5 or fuck off. I can play GoW1-3 tonight if I was so inclined, and without having to shell out another $60.

2's was actually really good in the end after a fuck ton of patches and added content. Delaying the nade tag detonation time and taking away the stun from smoke fixed a lot. We had a crew of 5 (I think) and every night we would get matched up with other crews from around Europe and have some serious grudge matches, what was great about it was that people from different countries always seemed to play in totally different ways. A crew from Italy for example would dismiss map and weapon control and focus on forming a hard to break 5 man defensive setup.

3 was also really good but sadly Execution/Warzone took a backseat to the more fast paced TDM mode were a lot of what made the original two games so good became diluted.

I agree. 2 is my favorite one after all the patches.

Bsigg12

Shouldn't we have a Gears 4 before jumping to 5 and telling everybody to fuck off in the process?

Well, it would technically be the 5th Gears game if you count Judgment but the new game provably won't be out until 2016 or later because they had just started on the game in late 2013/early 2014 if I remember correctly.

iMax

Well, it would technically be the 5th Gears game if you count Judgment but the new game provably won't be out until 2016 or later because they had just started on the game in late 2013/early 2014 if I remember correctly.

Nobody does.

Only thing I would want more than a GoW HD trilogy is a remaster of the prince pf persia sand of time trilogy. I feel like everyone always forgets PoP and how good the sands of time trilogy was.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I'm not going to the current gen with the XB1 until I finish my backlog, but the day a GOW Collection gets released, you best believe I have to have an XB1 by then. Backlog or no backlog.

I still play Gears 3 multiplayer every day. It's the one shooter I love the most now.

All those GOW maps together on dedicated servers - oh my.

I'm not going to the current gen with the XB1 until I finish my backlog, but the day a GOW Collection gets released, you best believe I have to have an XB1 by then. Backlog or no backlog.

I still play Gears 3 multiplayer every day. It's the one shooter I love the most now.

I hop on once in a while to get merked...prolly by you.

I would sure hope not.
Its got the most replayable campaign of the entire series, has the full four player co-op support and without having to fight the crappy lambent enemies. It counts.

There's more to Gears than rolling with shotties in versus modes.

Gestault

Its got the most replayable campaign of the entire series, has the full four player co-op support and without having to fight the crappy lambent enemies. It counts.

I really enjoyed Judgement for campaign mode, between the two story modes (one traditional, one testimony). It being beautiful definitely helps, too. Split-screen coop is still top end in that series.

Newman96

Hopefully with Gears 4 they could answer some of the questions they seemed to gloss over in 3, the vague origin of the Locust Queen always kind of annoyed me.

Gears 5 or fuck off. I can play GoW1-3 tonight if I was so inclined, and without having to shell out another $60.
That's ok you sit there and play and your Xbox 360

I will more than happily rollover $60 for gears on Xbox one

Dam i think I will die when this becomes official! I'm a true gearshead

Bsigg12

There's more to Gears than rolling with shotties in versus modes.

I just couldn't get into it. Maybe I was a little burnt out from 3 other Gears games but it just wasn't my cup of tea.

I should probably revisit it at some point now and kind of hope it's included in the inevitable Gears Collection.

actually, they don't even need to include the campaigns as they were pretty forgettable and cheesy. just make a dedicated Gears MP/horde game with all the maps and servers.

It's really shitty they turned off the dedi's for Gears3 tho, like you, I still play Gears 3 on the weekends.

Kibbles

Worst kept secret ever. Will either be the very first or very last announcement at E3. Guaranteed.

For a Gears collection? That'd be lame. Should be mid-conference like MCC (which was more important cause Halo 1 has never had XBL and the remastered H2A MP mode).

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Put the collection on the Windows 10 store, and I might start believing your commitment to the PC space.

I physically cannot play games at the moment due to the cramping of my fingers being crossed for this for the last god knows how long!!

I hope if there is a Gears of War Collection that they port it to Unreal Engine 4 and use the updated lighting and shaders. And get it running at 1080p60 all on Dedicated Servers, it would be God-tier.

Gestault

Nothing is announced, but a collection would exist because a realistic production calendar for Gears 5 would mean a big gap from now until release. A high-quality current-gen take on the series would fit in that gap, and is good both for fans and from a brand-promotion perspective.

Nothing is announced, but a collection would exist because a realistic production calendar for Gears 5 would mean a big gap from now until release. A high-quality current-gen take on the series would fit in that gap, and is good both for fans and from a brand-promotion perspective.
I wonder if taking the Master Chief Collection approach with a unified UI and multiplayer would make a lot more sense here than with Halo. All the Gears games came out in the same generation and on basically the same engine (or is that not the right way to put it?) so it shouldn't be fraught with the millions of perils that found their ways into the MCC.

I bring this up not only because I really did appreciate the ambition and accessibility of a unified UI, but that a Gears 4 or 5 or whatever could also have a slot in that same UI when it releases, just like what is assumed to be the case for Halo 5. That could be pretty damn cool.

All for it as long as they deliver cross-play with Horde mode.
You ever played gears of war 1 on PC?

Trust me you don't want to go up against PC players on Xbox, don't know if they have aim bots or something but omg you just move and POP your head is gone

Marvel

could never
As much as I love no adore Gears I literally played each game constantly for years, to breaking point disc wise. I'm happy to see how BT handles 4 and make a decision then.

Top Bottom