• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War Collection coming to X1?(Spencer:"I can't announce that. But stay tuned)

Madness

A huge difference in the pivotal games Halo CE and Halo 2 were, and the Gears games. Aside from the first, the 2nd was a flop with horrendous online play. Gears 3 was amazing though. No one even played or cared about Judgment.

Plus, unlike Halo CE and Halo 2 which were generations behind, Gears games will get resolution boosts, but can you remaster any of them? I'd probably still buy it, just to play Gears 1 with dedicated servers, Gears 3 as well.

Are you just pulling this out of your ass or...?

What does "before the holidays" even mean?

Ken lobb and Aaron Greenberg have both said they have 2 games after sod but before the holidays coming out that are still unannounced.

I don't "know" anything, if I did I sure as hell wouldn't be putting it on here! I'm speculating, although I wouldn't consider that pulling it out of my ass.

Before the holidays to me says summer, which is when windows 10 launches. Could be early middle or late I have no idea, just going on the information I can see

Avari

This is by far at the top of my wish list for remasters. Met most of my gaming friends through Gears 1 multiplayer. A pipe dream but I would love to see a Gears 1 re-master include added 4 player co-op.

As someone who skipped Gears of War Judgment, I would probably only make this a day 1 purchase if Judgment was included. If Judgment isn't included, I'd probably eventually get it, but not necessarily day one. I know it got lots of mixed reviews, but I'd like to play it for myself and decided if I like it or not.

RoKKeR

Ken lobb and Aaron Greenberg have both said they have 2 games after sod but before the holidays coming out that are still unannounced.

I don't "know" anything, if I did I sure as hell wouldn't be putting it on here! I'm speculating, although I wouldn't consider that pulling it out of my ass.

Before the holidays to me says summer, which is when windows 10 launches. Could be early middle or late I have no idea, just going on the information I can see

Got it, makes sense to have some stuff lined up with the Win10 launch.

.la1n

I would be very interested In this collection as my 360 died before I was able to play Gears 3 or Judgment. I would need some serious reassurance as to the quality of the product after purchasing the disaster that is Master Chief Collection.

mike4001_

Was the Gears Multiplayer really such a big deal ?

For me the "Multiplayer-Game" was always HALO.

I played gears for the great (coop)-campagin!

lupinko

Can the xbone do the pc version of gears 1 60fps and 1080p? Or no?

Honest question, I'd get the console for a gears collection (and killer instinct and if it exists and turns out good, Battletoads).

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Explains why fable n gears haven't been patch for gfw going under probs gonna do some announcements regarding these games same with halo 2

Can the xbone do the pc version of gears 1 60fps and 1080p? Or no?

Honest question, I'd get the console for a gears collection (and killer instinct and if it exists and turns out good, Battletoads).

I would be disgusted if it couldn't, considering Halo 4 is up and running at 1080p/60 on MCC.

nib95

Banned
I'd be shocked if it wasn't coming. I mean, it's easy money and the demand for it is surely substantial? I'd personally love to see a Remaster.

Even if they can do 1080p 60fps, I don't think they will, because I feel like they want Gears 4 to be 30fps in order to maximize detail. They'll keep the collection locked at 30 so that expectations are set up correctly for the next game. To me GOW feel fantastic at 30. It'd feel even better at 60, but if the gameplay remains the same, then 30 would fly under the radar undetected.

Rockyrock

Gears MP on dedicated servers is seriously a one of kind experience.

Nothing else like Gears. That's what I love and miss about it.

Even if they can do 1080p 60fps, I don't think they will, because I feel like they want Gears 4 to be 30fps in order to maximize detail. They'll keep the collection locked at 30 so that expectations are set up correctly for the next game. To me GOW feel fantastic at 30. It'd feel even better at 60, but if the gameplay remains the same, then 30 would fly under the radar undetected.

This is how I feel too. 30 fps sounds right to me.

stn

I'd buy this day one. Would also allow me to sell the 360 versions. Would be great if it also includes Judgment, the only Gears title I haven't played.

kingwingin

I need this, gears was the reason I kept my 360 for the entire generation and since I no longer own a 360 I would kill to have this.

Halo 5 and gears collection in November and microsoft dominates the holidays. As much as that pains my sony fanboy heart haha

QMNAZSj.gif

I can see MS announcing this at E3 with a new "Mad World" trailer. Gears is the only thing holding me up from buying an XB1; once they announce the new one I'm in there.

Was the Gears Multiplayer really such a big deal ?

For me the "Multiplayer-Game" was always HALO.

I played gears for the great (coop)-campagin!

Oh hell yes it was !

Horde mode and team deathmatch was my crack in those days... since i sold my 360, i miss Gears of War so much, especially Gears 2 and 3... i miss having my buddies around and playing horde mode for hours on a friday night... good times !

phyrlord

Ugh.. I might have to trade my PS4 for an XBONE.. I joined the Destiny Hype train pretty hard and all my friends got the PS4. I barely touch it as I consider my self primarily PC.

ShogunX

Really hope if this happens we get the spot light firmly put back on Execution/Warzone. TDM was great for running and gunning with little consequences but when it comes to Execution there is little out there to match the tense tactical experience with two evenly matches teams.

Map control, weapon control, real consequences for death, team work and communication all got diluted when TDM became the main focus.

e90Mark

Really hope if this happens we get the spot light firmly put back on Execution/Warzone. TDM was great for running and gunning with little consequences but when it comes to Execution there is little out there to match the tense tactical experience with two evenly matches teams.

Map control, weapon control, real consequences for death, team work and communication all got diluted when TDM became the main focus.

I agree with Execution/Warzone. Take me back to those glory days!

bumpkin

I just hope if we get this, Gears 1 includes the extra chapter the PC version had that we never got on 360.

If the package comes with Gears 1, Gears 2 horde and Judgment's campaign I'm so down.

If its just a Marcus Fenix collection then I'll need to be convinced - the competitive modes just never clicked with me.

ShogunX

I agree with Execution/Warzone. Take me back to those glory days!

Nothing better than being in a 4v2 situation with just you and a team mate working over time to avoid getting cut off or separated only for the Boomshot to spawn and suddenly the tables are turned :)

Like Rats from a sinking ship.

Gears 1's multi was a big deal. 2's was terrible though.

Didn't bother with 3.

2's was actually really good in the end after a fuck ton of patches and added content. Delaying the nade tag detonation time and taking away the stun from smoke fixed a lot. We had a crew of 5 (I think) and every night we would get matched up with other crews from around Europe and have some serious grudge matches, what was great about it was that people from different countries always seemed to play in totally different ways. A crew from Italy for example would dismiss map and weapon control and focus on forming a hard to break 5 man defensive setup.

3 was also really good but sadly Execution/Warzone took a backseat to the more fast paced TDM mode were a lot of what made the original two games so good became diluted.

Top Bottom